Organic Outdoor Mystery Seed

• Thread starter Myth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Myth

Myth

What's going on guys? This will be my journal in about 6 years, so bear with me as I am getting back into my groove. This year in January, I moved to a new house. While unpacking all my old grow gear, I stumbled upon a single seed in a bag that had a faded Barnies Farm Seeds sticker on it, but the strain was too worn to make out any letters on it. I went back on all my seed purchases, but I never ordered anything from this breeder from any seed bank. I believe it must be one of the many seed exchanges that took place back in the days of the Couchlock Cafe forum. I was lucky, and the regular seed turned out to be a female. As I just popped it for fun, not expecting it to even do that, I threw it in a red beer cup and some straight 420 recipe soil by E.B. stone I picked up at Ace for my tomatoes the previous year. The baby sprouted the surface in 3 days. Filled in nice. When I saw roots out the bottom, I put it in a 1 gallon with more 420 recipe. I topped it many times, thinking it was going to be a male, to get used to topping and LST'ing again. I threw it outside on February 14th into a 5 gallon pot with more 420 recipe. I fed just water until March 1st, then I noticed the thing was a female. I took it as an omen, and said "Fuck it. Here we go!"

I threw it in a bin that was about 24"x24"x18" filled with a bag of the same 420 recipe mix and completed flower with just water. I was happily surprised by the soil. Since I did not have any seeds left, and the grow itch that had crept on me making me start to twitch, I harvested 90% of the plant, and chopped it back to just 18" in height. I left it in that bin giving EWC ACT, compost ACT, alfalfa meal ACT, and kelp meal ACT rotating each one every Saturday with plain tap aerated overnight in my cone bottom tank every Monday and Wednesday. August 1st came, as did the pre-flowers. I immediately ordered up a 100 gallon GeoPot, 7 bags of 420 recipe and 2 bags of Empire Builder. Mixed it all up, hit it with myco, and watered with 7 gallons of ACT that had 1/2 cup EWC, 1/2 cup compost, 1/4 cup kelp meal, and 1/4 cup alfalfa meal in panty hose, along with 5 tbs of Earth Juice Hi-Brix molasses, and 5 tbs Earth Juice Catalyst. This aerated in my tank for 36 hours in the shade before "feeding" the soil. I threw in 50 red worms I bought at a bait shop for shits and giggles. I let it sit for 1 week in the Geo-Pot tarped, and transplanted from the bin to the 100 gal on August 15th and hit them with the same tea mix + 1/4 tsp coconut powder (I dunno..... I was high, and a hippy talked me into it :joyful:)

It's been getting nothing but water since. Yesterday, I fed her with 1/2 cup EWC, 1/2cup compost, 1/4 cup high P bat guano ACT 7 gallons again with 5 tbs hi-brix and 5tbs catalyst. I have not PH'd anything but the soil due to the fact that all my testers will either need to be replaced or re-calibrated after 6 years of non-use. I did check the TDS of my tea yesterday, and it was at 1050. My tap tested at 207. I am unsure if I can trust these numbers, but they are close to what I remember, especially the tap water in my area. Anyhow, I got a new phone and was finally able to snap a couple photos, so here they are :). Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to document what I have done so far for my own reference as well.

I will try to update weekly.
Myth
Organic outdoor mystery seed
Organic outdoor mystery seed 2

Oakster420

Oakster420

Damn man nice hedge! :cool: Good luck man not that you need it!! Looks like you got itunder control! :D

north knect

north knect

Lol. I love how I'm classified as a "New Farmer" due to amount of posts :cool:
welcome to the farm man..and wont take u long to upgrade to active farmer lol..not that it means much to us..girls loomin good bro..id say u still got it ;)

Myth

Myth

@Oakster420 Thanks man. I got a slight mite issue going on right now, but hopefully when I release these lady bugs tonight they will keep em at bay. I keep pics of my collective offline, so I will only be posting my personal stash grows. I just got off the phone with Jeremy at buildasoil.com / livingorganicsoil.com, and he will be sending me his complete pre-mix with additional ammendments for a 100 gal GeoPot next year as a test for my collective (water and ACT only) I can't wait to see what I can pull off with it!

north knect

north knect

lucky u lol..iv read up on there soils..its pretty neat the mixes they offer amd can combine for your needs..il have to stick around a year to check that out i suppose lol

Myth

Myth

@ north knect Thanks bro. I have been managing collective grows non-stop for the past 5 years or so, but I quickly realized there is an offset between managing a grow where you tell everyone what to do and actually getting your own hands dirty.

Myth

Myth

I wrapped the GeoPot with 48" tall "garden fencing" and made cut-outs to bend the side branches away from the center cluster. I also made 5 consecutive larger cut-outs at the base of the pot to make watering easier. I need to put up some sort of net or make one out of twine or something, as the wind out here was crazy last night, and I'm worried that as she chunks up the chances for snappage will almost 100%. Thanks for peeking in

north knect

north knect

I wrapped the GeoPot with 48" tall "garden fencing" and made cut-outs to bend the side branches away from the center cluster. I also made 5 consecutive larger cut-outs at the base of the pot to make watering easier. I need to put up some sort of net or make one out of twine or something, as the wind out here was crazy last night, and I'm worried that as she chunks up the chances for snappage will almost 100%. Thanks for peeking in
i dont kno how sturdy your fencing is but if its relativly stiff u COULD put a srcog net across the entire top and fasten it to the screen..guide your tops up threw it and im sure that would help sturdt up the middle of the plant that doesnt have the side support of the trellis maybe??..just a stoned idea lol

Myth

Myth

My thoughts exactly. I am still on the fence though. If I use twine, I can keep the "sections" smaller without disrupting the buds. Im thinking about this way too much. lol. A trip to Ace is in order. I always find that decision making at the store where I am looking at the options right in front of me, allows me to visualize it easier. But, its probably just this sativa I smoked.

north knect

north knect

no doubt lol im a visual guy to..im sure u will find wat u need..do u kno much bout mj virus'?

Myth

Myth

Today went to ace and got some cotton rope. I pinched the rope around each branch with garden velcro.

Myth

Myth

Here are pics of the cone bottom tank I use for my ACT's

This batch of tea will be ready in the morning. I will water before work at 5am.

I do not ever clean this tank. After a tea, I will hit it with high pressure tap, blow 99% of the residue out, spray the stone to get the gunk off it, refill it with tap, and bubble. I will use this plain water in 3 days.

I noticed some yellowing in the center, but I also still see new leaf, so I'm saying screw it, and just doing 3 cups ewc, 110ml hi-brix, and 110ml catalyst in 15 gallons. My soil should drink up about half to 3/4 of it up. I water 6 gallons slow, covering the entire soil evenly. I wait 10 minutes, and water another 2 gallons. Wait 10 minutes, then another 2. I stop when I see run off. My veggies get the rest of the tea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom