Organic ph? How do i control it?

• Thread starter KushMaster707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KushMaster707

I am switching to a 100% organic grow set up but i currently use Ph up and down by GH. I was wondering what organic alternatives there are to such a product. Anything will help, thanks.

I

indodoja

you can use lemon juice for ph down. im not sure what you'd use for ph up, cause its never been a problem for me.

I

indodoja

i grow soil though. not sure that would be ok with a hydro set-up

B

baggins

i like fulvic acid for ph down and baking soda for ph up

fractaLz

fractaLz

Well, right off that bat you could go grab Earth Juice Up and Down.

I know peeps use apple cider vinegar for down.

Hope that helps

K

KushMaster707

Thanks indodoja & baggins, thats some good info. my ph is 5.5 coming out of my R/O filter and i was wondering if i put lime in the soil if it would keep the ph in check as well.

K

KushMaster707

chickenn: thanks, do i still have to deal with runoff ph and adjust it even though its organic?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Thanks indodoja & baggins, thats some good info. my ph is 5.5 coming out of my R/O filter and i was wondering if i put lime in the soil if it would keep the ph in check as well.

chickenn: thanks, do i still have to deal with runoff ph and adjust it even though its organic?

Dolomite Lime will help keep the pH pretty constant. Any time I put my plants into new soil I add Dolomite Lime. Look for the powdered lime, as the large chunks take too long to break down.

As for run-off pH it is still a good idea to keep an eye on it, but so long as your soil pH stays pretty constant and your nutrient mixes are balanced then you will be fine.

N

Nuglover

Get the soil mix right and don't worry about pH. I haven't used mine in so long I don't even know where it is.LOL

S

sh2ft2

Im going completly organic as well kushmaster. I have watered with distilled water the whole time so i dont have any extra mineral build up in my soil. i do have prilled lime mixed into my soil along with a whole list of other goodies, but every two weeks i water my plants with a Peace of Mind 5-5-5 all purpose and that is supposed to help neutralize whats going on in the soil without hurting any of your microbeastie life. a very good product to make sure you have on the shelf :)

D

Djmers

Get the soil mix right and don't worry about pH. I haven't used mine in so long I don't even know where it is.LOL

I would like to ask a this because it's been bugging me and I have been told so many different things ( sorry to hijack), I have been told that you shouldn't ph your water and nutrient if using soil because it should stabalize the ph, just mix your nutes and feed, now is this right because I have read loads of grow FAQ and they say to ph adjust your mix. Now also I've smoked some very good weed grown in multi purpose soil which I have been using but keep getting the same reocuring problem with leaf yellowing and dieing, now the guy at the grow shop said that that stuff is packed with nutes and I am burning them to fuk. I'm confused a bit.

K

KushMaster707

sh2ft2 that prilled lime does work really well i just mixed it 1 cup per cubic ft and everything has been goin great for 3 weeks of veg and 8 weeks of flower and im sure the last 2 weeks will be just fine. i do use a reverse osmosis unit for my water supply with the water coming out at ph 5.5 and it works great i never have to check the ph after i add nutes or anything at all.

M

MightyGrow

Well stated. If you are growing in some type of "soil" as opposed to hydro, if you get the CEC of your growing mix to the ideal range, then pH will take care of itself and will settle between 6.4-6.8. Of course to do this you have to build your growing mix carefully, using a complete lineup of all the necessary minerals your lovelies will need for optimum growth.

Top Bottom