Organic sea of green 4x4 bed.

• Thread starter Natep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Natep

Guys I am getting ready for my next cycle. I am considering doing a sea of green rather than a scrog. I cut 12 clones and got them in propagation. I plan on doing a short veg in small pots. Then transplant them into my 4x4 bed. I think I should probably continue to veg for a week or so in the bed before flipping to flower. Do you guys think 12 plants is enough to fill a 4x4 canopy? I still have a couple weeks left in flower and I plan on drying in the same tent.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Easy there tiger you’ll have a forest to deal with haha silly stoned sounds funny in my head but probably isn’t joke 😂

12 plants should easy fill a 4x4

A easy way to tell is place the end pots there going to sit in see how many it takes to fill it totally.

N

Natep

Easy there tiger you’ll have a forest to deal with haha silly stoned sounds funny in my head but probably isn’t joke 😂

12 plants should easy fill a 4x4

A easy way to tell is place the end pots there going to sit in see how many it takes to fill it totally.
it’s always a forest. Just trying to cut down my veg time.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I’ve done it myself sticking loads in the area I used at the time. It makes me laugh when I think about the stuff I’ve done to get ahead in the early days I stuffed loads in a small cupboard in 1l pots, you can make so much work
Nowadays have a 8 x 4 and prefer to give them space not to say I haven’t stuffed it once 🤣

N

Natep

I’ve done it myself sticking loads in the area I used at the time. It makes me laugh when I think about the stuff I’ve done to get ahead in the early days I stuffed loads in a small cupboard in 1l pots, you can make so much work
Nowadays have a 8 x 4 and prefer to give them space not to say I haven’t stuffed it once 🤣
I get it. I’ve done all kinds of weird stuff along the way. I might be the only guy on this forum with a bed in a tent. I don’t know of anyone doing sog in an organic bed.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I get it. I’ve done all kinds of weird stuff along the way. I might be the only guy on this forum with a bed in a tent. I don’t know of anyone doing sog in an organic bed.
Well you do know someone know 🤣
Been organic since day one used to make my own stuff up nowadays I rely on pre made organic soil and guano

N

Natep

Well you do know someone know 🤣
Been organic since day one used to make my own stuff up nowadays I rely on pre made organic soil and guano
Cut down and re amended my soil today. Clones in propagation. Going to see how fast I can turn one around. Going to be drying over the bed for the next two weeks. The I’m dropping in 4 runts 4 rozay and 4 north cake. Plan on doing a short veg 2-3 weeks and flip.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Do you guys think 12 plants is enough to fill a 4x4 canopy?

i think i would do either 9 3x3 15L pots 16 4x4 9-11L pots, 25 5x5 in 6-7L pots or 36 6x6 3-4L pots:

9 3x3 could look like this:
8116584 3x3

25 5x5 is equivalent do what i m doing in my tent in term of plants spacing:
8116584 5x5

exemple of 36 in 3-4L pots:

8116584 6x6

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

12 4x3 will be fine as well , just with less than 25 if you don't have a vigorous enough growth the first few weeks of veg and stretch you might have issue filling the tent 100% with colas with short veg.

Last edited:
B

Bublot

I don’t use pots. I have a 4x4 bed. But I do understand to do it symmetrical
I don’t use pots. I have a 4x4 bed. But I do understand to do it symmetrical
what would be the harvest grams per plant on the 3-4L pots? do you feed them by hand from the top or through the roots from the bottom?

N

Natep

what would be the harvest grams per plant on the 3-4L pots? do you feed them by hand from the top or through the roots from the bottom?
I don’t use pots. I top dress with worm casting and craft blend. Water from the top. Last harvest was just under 3lbs.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

from 36plants right? how long you vegetated?
with 36 plant in a 4x4 you'r gonna veg for around 2-4 weeks depending how vigorous is your growth on start up

with 25 plant i m vegging for 4 weeks (i was vegging 3 weeks with the hps before switching to led)

the pic with 9 plant are sativa dominant automatics from a guy wich have a noticeably vigorous growth on start up wich is not everyone case.

Top Bottom