Organic Soil Challenge

• Thread starter dilligaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dilligaf

dilligaf

A lot of people can't afford shipping costs..me included..most live close to a wal mart,lowes or home depot..each has organic soil and limited amendments..with only these three stores I would like to see what you can come up with for a locally sourced organic soil recipe...i believe it has good potential...my soil costs a lot and I am getting low on some things so I started wondering about this

D

Tnelz

Tnelz

I know with what my Home Depot has u could build a great soil. Mushroom compost and all the epsoma products. Fortunately I live withing a coupleiles of like five hydro stores. This could be interesting. Great idea. Good vibes to u man!

dilligaf

dilligaf

Went to town and looked at the nutrients today...cheap organic soil..peat moss..perlite..mushroom compost...mix equal parts of these for base mix.....blood meal at one T per gal..bone meal at two T per gal...plenty of epsoma products...biotone starter plus 4-3-3 and green sand and garden lime at one T per gal...cow manure at 1/4 cup per gallon...i saw Alaskan fish 5-1-1 liquid for a tea...not bad for local sourced in rural America

D

lurrabq

lurrabq

Hopefully this will help someone in small town USA...shipping costs are high...i get local when possible...i even use the soil from fishing worms to make teas sometimes...good luck
I always save my worm dirt to make teas too! Great stuff.

Most of those guys have been in there for weeks, pooping up the good stuff.

Top Bottom