Organic Soil(less) vs Hydro

• Thread starter PHOOBOS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PHOOBOS

PHOOBOS

Hello guys I'm about to buy my first kit for growing.

Unfortunately I have this big issue when I feel a little bit confused.

I want to do a super soil combined with Living Soil but at the same time I've been seeing a lot of pictures of frosty dense nuggs with Hydrophonic systems, (I'm interested in coco or rock wool)

The thing is that at least for me is rarely see to many pictures of frosty dense nuggs with Organic Systems, So my biggest fear is invest in Organic nutrients and having a small crops or trichomes.

So for this threat I would like to ask the community to share here their crops.

Organic Ladys vs Hydrophonic Ladys.

And guides as well, I know something about growing organic but nothing abound Hydrophonic.

Thanks for your time!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I want to do a super soil combined with Living Soil but at the same time I've been seeing a lot of pictures of frosty dense nuggs with Hydrophonic systems, (I'm interested in coco or rock wool)

The thing is that at least for me is rarely see to many pictures of frosty dense nuggs with Organic Systems, So my biggest fear is invest in Organic nutrients and having a small crops or trichomes.

And guides as well, I know something about growing organic but nothing abound Hydrophonic.

Thanks for your time!
You can growngreat buds in any media. So long as you can keep the plants healthy in that grow style.

RR1

RR1

Thanks for your time!
I put a like on Aquaman, but thought I should reply directly. You have a bunch of different ways to do this. Have you grown other types of plants? Do you generally have a green thumb? Soil can be more forgiving, but hydro is fast. I can grow pretty good either way, but it's only beacause after all these years I understand how to grow, and keep a healthy plant alive.
Do you have a mentor that can actually show you, and help with your garden? That would be ideal, but not always practical. There are also great books on the subject. Lots of pics. Also good tutorials on you tube.
In the end, it comes down to how much good knowledge you can absorb, and what method appeals to you, and works best for your situation. I have a buddy who can't physically haul, and get rid of soil. So we set up a hydro setup using pumps to move around water/solutions. When he's done, it goes right out to his flowerbed.
Whatever you decide to do, do your homework thoroughly, learn what a healthy plant needs, and remember that you're not a grower till you've killed some. (Sometimes a bunch) I once killed 42 because of a cheap heater. Buy good equipment.
Good luck, and get to work.
RR1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I put a like on Aquaman, but thought I should reply directly. You have a bunch of different ways to do this. Have you grown other types of plants? Do you generally have a green thumb? Soil can be more forgiving, but hydro is fast. I can grow pretty good either way, but it's only beacause after all these years I understand how to grow, and keep a healthy plant alive.
Do you have a mentor that can actually show you, and help with your garden? That would be ideal, but not always practical. There are also great books on the subject. Lots of pics. Also good tutorials on you tube.
In the end, it comes down to how much good knowledge you can absorb, and what method appeals to you, and works best for your situation. I have a buddy who can't physically haul, and get rid of soil. So we set up a hydro setup using pumps to move around water/solutions. When he's done, it goes right out to his flowerbed.
Whatever you decide to do, do your homework thoroughly, learn what a healthy plant needs, and remember that you're not a grower till you've killed some. (Sometimes a bunch) I once killed 42 because of a cheap heater. Buy good equipment.
RR1
Great explanation. I to have a bad back and so I set mine up to do as little work as possible. I also came from a aquarist background so hydro/soiless is where I felt comfortable. If you garden you may find soil more appealing.

PHOOBOS

PHOOBOS

RR1
Thanks for such a great explanation but unfortunately I only been reading and reading and now I've a job, and I can pay for my equipment I've been dreaming for years. By now I only bee reading regard Living Soil, Bacterias and other stuffs, I'm from Mx and unfortunately I don't have no one who can teach me or I can learn, so for that I've been looking videos, reading books and other stuffs... I'm kinda of preparing for what I always wanted to do.. Grow and grow big!! That's the reason I'm so interested in Hydro, I've been looking amazing flowers, frosty but normally all of them are grow in Rock Wool, or Coco. For be honest I'm truthly interested in Rock Wool, but I don't know nothing about Hydro. But well.. I think I'm not far for what I'm looking for.. I've been saving money for a couple while and I'm almost ready to buy my equipment.. but as close the date comes as far my fear increase.. I bought some seeds from Relentless Genetics, that things cost me $200 bucks and obviously I want those things be HUGE, I'm having big expectations and for that, I'm trying to colect all the info and books I can learn. Thanks for your time probably I'll be PM you. Thanks RR1

RR1

RR1

Thanks for such a great explanation but unfortunately I only been reading and reading and now I've a job, and I can pay for my equipment I've been dreaming for years. By now I only bee reading regard Living Soil, Bacterias and other stuffs, I'm from Mx and unfortunately I don't have no one who can teach me or I can learn, so for that I've been looking videos, reading books and other stuffs... I'm kinda of preparing for what I always wanted to do.. Grow and grow big!! That's the reason I'm so interested in Hydro, I've been looking amazing flowers, frosty but normally all of them are grow in Rock Wool, or Coco. For be honest I'm truthly interested in Rock Wool, but I don't know nothing about Hydro. But well.. I think I'm not far for what I'm looking for.. I've been saving money for a couple while and I'm almost ready to buy my equipment.. but as close the date comes as far my fear increase.. I bought some seeds from Relentless Genetics, that things cost me $200 bucks and obviously I want those things be HUGE, I'm having big expectations and for that, I'm trying to colect all the info and books I can learn. Thanks for your time probably I'll be PM you. Thanks RR1
Anytime. Just remember, walk before you run. Healthy plants first, work your way up to advanced grow techniques. If you get in to big a hurry to grow huge, you may very well end up disapointed. I also love huge colas. But i've only been doing this a short while. 1979.
RR1

Top Bottom