Organic soil mix

• Thread starter Psycho gym
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Psycho gym

3 cubic feet Kellogg's composted potting soil 40 lb worm castings 5 lb bag compost one pound azomite 1 pound Dolomite lime one pound of green sand half a cup blood meal 1 Cup fish bone meal one cup bone meal half a cup insect frass 1 cup bat guano 1 Cup fish fertilizer one cup jimpson 6 cups steer manure you can get real complicated and add a whole bunch of other stuff but let this sit and cook for two months mix it up a couple times a week if it starts to dry out add a little water to it and just let it sit I put it on a tarp and cover it up and sprinkle Dolomite lime around tag keep the bugs from getting in it

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

3 cubic feet Kellogg's composted potting soil 40 lb worm castings 5 lb bag compost one pound azomite 1 pound Dolomite lime one pound of green sand half a cup blood meal 1 Cup fish bone meal one cup bone meal half a cup insect frass 1 cup bat guano 1 Cup fish fertilizer one cup jimpson 6 cups steer manure you can get real complicated and add a whole bunch of other stuff but let this sit and cook for two months mix it up a couple times a week if it starts to dry out add a little water to it and just let it sit I put it on a tarp and cover it up and sprinkle Dolomite lime around tag keep the bugs from getting in it
im thinking way to much nitrogen ,that can harm in yield,just saying ive used the kellogs,it pretty potent on it own ,old lady wont even help me spread it ,hahaha so id take out the 5lb of compost,then drop to 1/4 cup blood meal that can always be scrathed in,1/2 cup of bone meal,get more phosphrus from gypsum,with 3 cu ft id go 1/2 to 3/4 cup,fish and insect hell yes,1/4 cup bat,1/2 cup fish,but hey what works works i be interested when your ready to roll watching ,hope i helped a bit,you got a good plan

P

Psycho gym

im thinking way to much nitrogen ,that can harm in yield,just saying ive used the kellogs,it pretty potent on it own ,old lady wont even help me spread it ,hahaha so id take out the 5lb of compost,then drop to 1/4 cup blood meal that can always be scrathed in,1/2 cup of bone meal,get more phosphrus from gypsum,with 3 cu ft id go 1/2 to 3/4 cup,fish and insect hell yes,1/4 cup bat,1/2 cup fish,but hey what works works i be interested when your ready to roll watching ,hope i helped a bit,you got a good plan
The reason I went that heavy with everything is because a friend of mine has a planner that's 10 x 30 and it's already got soil in it and we dig up a lot of the soil and spread it over the top of it and makes it in and water it and let it sit for a month and wild plants are getting big enough to put in the planter but you are right that is a pretty heavy doses newts but I like that Kellogg s*** it's real cheap and it's pretty good

P

Psycho gym

I should have been more specific and said that I was putting it in the planner that was 10 by 30 and already had some soil in it and I just put that all across the top of the planter and water it in and makes it up a little bit and let it cook for a month until whatever I'm going to put in there as big enough to put in the soil that's why I was going so heavy on the news but yeah that is a lot of nitrogen in a soil mix

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The reason I went that heavy with everything is because a friend of mine has a planner that's 10 x 30 and it's already got soil in it and we dig up a lot of the soil and spread it over the top of it and makes it in and water it and let it sit for a month and wild plants are getting big enough to put in the planter but you are right that is a pretty heavy doses newts but I like that Kellogg s*** it's real cheap and it's pretty good
me too i re amend with it after each harvest,my potato plants have there own soil and thats what they like,hell ya that recipe be fine if your going into raised beds or such ,till it in and be done,i would give a little to the upper soil but mainly as you said for later use,hahaah i just got done today with mixing kelp,soft rock phosphate ,ag gypsum and basalt went 5 inch deep in trenching,then in 2 weeks more corn goes in,i plant it 2in deep,even mounding the plant up for the second set of roots the zone will still be there,the gypsum takes time to break down but still give 3% of the value imediate,last 5 years and you cant put to much rock phosphate in a garden ,at least that how i see it,lmao

Latest posts

Top Bottom