Organic soil mix

• Thread starter 4plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4plant

4plant

Hey guys, I’m finally living in a spot I can grow some proper outdoor plants so I’m looking into organic soil mixes/ options. I’ve done the “super soil” thing in the past and had mixed results. I like the idea but would rather use something proven like happy frog and add compost teas.

does anyone have a proven method or formula that they would suggest? I’ll be using large 100 gallon smart pots and rain water collected in a cistern. Any guidance is appreciated, thanks!

4plant

4plant

Nothing? Ok then how’s this sound, I was planning on starting cuttings in my usual rock wool cubes then transferring into 1 gallon plastic pots mixed with 1/3 promix, 1/3 pearlite and a 1/3 happy frog ( or something like that) once they get going I’ll transfer into large containers but I’m not sure what mix to use in them?
I’m wondering what mixes the guys in nor cal with the monster plants like to use? Do I just fill the whole bag with organic soil or add pearlite and promix? A lot of guys around here just mix manure and promix but I’m trying to get a bit more of a living soil going.

Top Bottom