Organic soil mix?

• Thread starter Tropical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tropical

Tropical

Hey guys after long research I think I'm going to be doing the following soil mix to start my first grow directly from organics.

5 Gallon Bucket (Veg/Flo)

SOIL MIX
Peat Moss: 50%
Perlite: 30%
Worm Castings: 20%
Garden Lime: 2 tbsp per gallon or 1 cup per cu ft/s

AMENDMENTS
Kelp Meal: 1 tbsp per gallon or 1/2 cup per cu ft/s
Alfalfa Meal: 1 tbsp per gallon or 1/2 cup per cu ft/s
Crab Meal: 1 tbsp per gallon or 1/2 cup per cu ft/s

Any good?

Tropical

Tropical

I'm a bit concerned on being able to find a close thing to Kelp, Alfalfa or Crab meal with names or mentioning their composition here as we're a spanish speaking country and not all these type of fertilizers are easy to find here.

Would an all-purpose fertilizer like any of these work to cover the plants needs? (I can list their composition)

EVREGREEN Todo Propósito 20-20-20 para mantenimiento y desarrollo de follaje en plantas verdes y todo tipo de orquídeas. $ 3.15

EVERGREEN Floración 10-50-10, para estimular el enraizamiento y la floración en orquídeas y todo tipo de plantas con flor. $ 3.15

EVERGREEN Producción 10-30-20, para estimular la floración e intensificar el color en Bandas, Phalaenopsis, Miltonias y plantas de producción. $ 3.15

I can find the Peat Moss, Perlite and Worm Castings easily. Garden Lime not so sure, I guess it's a common thing? As for the fertilizers, my question is there.

Thanks!

Tropical

Tropical

I actually found this company that sells soil commercially and they make it from everything organic, basically decomposing natural food, manure, etc. So I've bought my fair share of bags of these, got my peat moss, perlite, worm castings and some garden lime to control pH and acidity.

I'm just waiting for a couple of things for my tent to arrive to start planting. Probably next week!

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I actually found this company that sells soil commercially and they make it from everything organic, basically decomposing natural food, manure, etc. So I've bought my fair share of bags of these, got my peat moss, perlite, worm castings and some garden lime to control pH and acidity.

I'm just waiting for a couple of things for my tent to arrive to start planting. Probably next week!
carefull with that commercial compost, could b hot asa hell. sit outside for a day, and dig down in the center and see how warm it is in the center..you will know if its too hot, you can feel the temp

Latest posts

Top Bottom