Organic Soil: Plants not fading - I messed up HELP!

• Thread starter Sledsons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sledsons

Sledsons

I am just starting to spot amber trichomes - very few - I am around day 61 give or take (minus) 7-12 days since I messed up my notes - My plant is not fading at all! There is so much bullshit info on flushing that I have been so confused and I was told to feed until the end, which seems like BS! Plants look completely green and I am so close to needing to chop them down! Is my only option to run gallons on gallons of water through the pots to reduce the remaining nutrients in the soil?

I remember a video saying loading it up with sugar will cause the microbes to stop feeding on nutrients, which creates the fade - is that true? I am using black molasses but I'm just completely lost for what to do. If this is true I am thinking about flushing with water to push out nutrients & then give the microbes sugar in hopes of a light fade!

I feel like I am fucked! Save me with your knowledge & experience!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is this true organic growing or organic + supplement with organic nutes? Either way, don't freak out. I'm thinking you don't have to drench them with water before giving them some water with a little sugar in it (or molasses or whatever you prefer).

One of the things that happens when you add sugar is the microbial population goes up and they grab all the nutrients. They later die and release them again slowly.

Billymgb

Billymgb

I don't think you are fucked at all. Some say flush others say don't bother. My last outside grow I didn't flush because of bud rot I freeked out and chopped my plants now I know I could have just cut the rot out and watch em closely. But because I cut them 2 weeks early I didn't flush them and we all loved every bit of that smoke. Wasn't harsh at all. I hung dried them then mason jarred them great smoke. So calm down start flushing if you want or dont, cut em and hang em. Good luck and we like pics. Post em up lol

Sledsons

Sledsons

Is this true organic growing or organic + supplement with organic nutes? Either way, don't freak out. I'm thinking you don't have to drench them with water before giving them some water with a little sugar in it (or molasses or whatever you prefer).

One of the things that happens when you add sugar is the microbial population goes up and they grab all the nutrients. They later die and release them again slowly.
Yes true organic. I'm using Miracle Grow Organic Soil + Dr.Earth Flower Girl Organic in flower - it really looks amazing so far - I have done one feeding of molasses at 2 tablespoons per gallon and I am also wondering how often I can do that? Smells amazing so I am just nervous since this is my second harvest ever. So it is true that the microbes will just focus on the sugar and help with the fade?

Sledsons

Sledsons

I don't think you are fucked at all. Some say flush others say don't bother. My last outside grow I didn't flush because of bud rot I freeked out and chopped my plants now I know I could have just cut the rot out and watch em closely. But because I cut them 2 weeks early I didn't flush them and we all loved every bit of that smoke. Wasn't harsh at all. I hung dried them then mason jarred them great smoke. So calm down start flushing if you want or dont, cut em and hang em. Good luck and we like pics. Post em up lol
That is great to hear in this situation - I am just hoping it's not super harsh or whatever happens when there are too many nutrients leftover - I do have a pic I should have posted I'll see if I can edit it in and add it. Pretty new here. Hearing your story does make me feel a bit better and it's not game over if I miss the fade

Sledsons

Sledsons

Around day 40 - Currently at day 61
PXL 20210131 134736169

Last edited:
Bass.man

Bass.man

Looks good,I would continue to feed. Probably a good 3 weeks left,good luck.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes true organic. I'm using Miracle Grow Organic Soil + Dr.Earth Flower Girl Organic in flower - it really looks amazing so far - I have done one feeding of molasses at 2 tablespoons per gallon and I am also wondering how often I can do that? Smells amazing so I am just nervous since this is my second harvest ever. So it is true that the microbes will just focus on the sugar and help with the fade?

You have nothing to worry about. A friend of mine who is strict organic says you don't have to flush in organic soil. I stop giving them nutes a couple of weeks before the end. His stuff smells and tastes great. No hint of any excess nutrients.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

If you’re worried about flushing just water without any nutes. Should do it itself. Also with organics you don’t really have to flush. And that’s in my opinion. Especially since your using organic amendments.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yeah its kind of funny.....i jad a plant i did an experiment on. Always kept the soil the wettest out of the whole room, all different plants too. At the end the wettest one was the best one...now it only yielded 20gms. The yield was the main reason i didnt keep doing it. Stubbornness too....that has changed!

Im doing it from now on...fuck it!

Jokefox

Jokefox

The misinformation here is nuts. I don't even care if I get in shit for bringing this back to life.

For anyone who posted or anyone who finds this through Google.

First off true organic growing is with either amendments (super Soil, reamended super soil), no till or knf inputs into either one. Besides using some knf inputs which feed the soils life, you should be water only.

If you start using bottles nutrients these are DERIVED from organic stuff. Usually they have something in them that chelates. Which at this point is not purely organic. Don't call it organic because it's wrong and people are dead ass laughing at you.

You will not flush these as you can't. Don't ruin your soil with poor research. Learn how sugars react with microbes. One person mentioned it in this thread. You use molasses to cause a bacteria break out that holds the nitrogen causing the plant to start to fade. This could mess up the terps a bit. Since your only watering with water anyways because your soil is actually organic just keep going tell you see amber or whatever you want.

If your using bottled nutes in sunshine mix its not technically organic. Just don't over feed and taper off slightly near the end. Flushing isent needed.

If you are growing in coco with salts. You still don't need to flush. Don't over feed and maybe taper slightly near harvest. Again harvest when you see amber or whatever.

Everyone needs to stop pushing old. Outdated bro science and start relearning everything from scratch.

Knf + no till is the only one true organic.

Fuck bottled nutes. Either go pure organic or straight salt. Knf is cheap as shit to make and paired with subcools soil with reamendmets and treated as no till, once you get that down your brix will be so high nothing will stop you.

Ponky

Ponky

Thats the shit I'm talking about. Just wrong information. Show me where you read that nonsense
Here's a non scholarly article on the concept.

And here's and article on why you don't have to flush. https://hightimes.com/grow/new-research-shows-flushing-plants-before-harvest-may-be-unnecessary/

If you want to know if it works. Try to cure some with water. And see if you like it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You are doing half organic. The molassaes is messing you up. Before you do anything, lets have some pictures so we know what we are diagnosing.
the Miracle Grow has timed release food in it. The flower Girl makes the soil living. Leave the molasses out because it really is not doing anything. It still has to be broken down into a form the plant can use and you already have that in the soil.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

I am just starting to spot amber trichomes - very few - I am around day 61 give or take (minus) 7-12 days since I messed up my notes - My plant is not fading at all! There is so much bullshit info on flushing that I have been so confused and I was told to feed until the end, which seems like BS! Plants look completely green and I am so close to needing to chop them down! Is my only option to run gallons on gallons of water through the pots to reduce the remaining nutrients in the soil?

I remember a video saying loading it up with sugar will cause the microbes to stop feeding on nutrients, which creates the fade - is that true? I am using black molasses but I'm just completely lost for what to do. If this is true I am thinking about flushing with water to push out nutrients & then give the microbes sugar in hopes of a light fade!

I feel like I am fucked! Save me with your knowledge & experience!
Definably flush for a couple weeks at least. Unflushed weed is disgusting you will regret it if you don't flush .

Latest posts

Top Bottom