Organic Tea - mm

• Thread starter jaybird1620
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jaybird1620

Organic Tea - Am I doing this right?

I am growing in Sunshine Mix#5 with added EWC, perlite and mychorrizae. I had been using Age Old's line and this run decided to try my hand at brewing up a tea for the beneficial bacteria.

All measurements per gallon
1 heaping tbsp EWC
1 heaping tbsp Budswell in stocking with EWC, suspend in bucket
1/2 tsp gal Humboldt Flavorful Humic Acid
1 tsp gal Old Age Kelp
1tsp gal Biobizz Fish Mix
2 tsp Fox Farms Microbe Brew
1 tbsp EJ Rooters granular mycorrhizae
1 1/2 tsp Hygrozyme
1 tbsp unsulphured black strap molasses

Aerated vigorously for 24-48 hours, or until thick foam bubbles over the bucket.

I then dilute it 1:1 with RO water so if I make four gallons of tea, I add four gal of RO water so I end up with 8 gallons total. I do not do anything to adjust the PH.

Here is my question(s): Is adding the Microbe Brew helpful, or am I wasting it. It seems that by brewing the tea I am making beneficial bacteria of my own. From what I understand I need to use this tea I brew within 48 hours. How are they able to put Microbe Brew and other similar products in a bottle with any kind of shelf life without the bacteria dying?

Also, I was wondering if the Earth Juice rooters mychorrize could be put into the mix as well. It does list 1/2 tsp per gal in hydroponic applications.

The plants seem to be loving the tea. It is the only thing they have ever had and they are about 5 weeks into flower and very frosty.

I would love to hear any feedback on this recipe. I also was wondering what I can use for micronutrients that does not have EDTA in it. I am running Deathstar, Recon, Lemon Durgamata, Mango Afghani, Candy, and Hindu Skunk Blueberry. The candy just does not seem to be able to get enough nitrogen, even with added EWC.

S

Shredder

Jaybird, I use most of my teas as microbe tea over nutrient tea. I've read too much nutrients can kill the microbes in a tea. So until I know more, I keep the teas separate. And michorrizae fungus only works when the spores are in contact with plant roots, for that reason I only use them when rooting clones or at transplant time. I have seen zero evidence they work in a drench. I think using it in a tea would only make sense if you added it just before drenching if at all. When I make a microbe tea I use ewc/compost, molasses, water and a strong air pump, at times I will add either a tiny amount or in separate teas, alfalfa, kelp, fish .

If I want a nutrient tea I bubble earth juice at the recommended amounts, mostly just to up the ph as EJ runs low. But truthfully I mostly have been using the EJ just to use it up. My best grows are when I amend my soil more than when I try to guess what they want with feedings....hope this helps......shredder

Latest posts

Top Bottom