Organicare for starting seeds?

• Thread starter Alter Ego
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alter Ego

Alter Ego

Hey fellow farmers!

Just a quick question here...I went to my local hydro store today to pick up some Fox Farms Light Warrior for seed starting but unfortunenely they were fresh out of it. The owner talked me into getting this alternative product for seed starting called Organicare Pure Earth Indoor Aeration Formula. Never heard of it but the owner insisted that these would be great to start seeds with. It was $3 for a decent sized bag so i was like, "eh, ill see what happens"...

Now im starting to wonder if i should have waited for the Light Warrior to come back into stock...iv read about the ingredients in the soil and was wondering if anyone has experience with this soil and starting seeds with it.

It includes:

- Coir fiber, composted forest product, compost, pumice, humic acid (Humega - derived from leonardite ore), seaweed (Seaplex - derived from Ascophyllum nodosum), fish meal, alfalfa meal, and composted poultry litter.

I have a big ol' bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest that i intent on using for when the plants grow a little bigger and support the "hotter" soil but was really concerned whether or not this medium would burn my seedlings. I would appreciate any input, advice, experiences. Thanks you very much for your time.

Oh and if it makes a difference...i want to grow a few autos with this mix, particularly World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder and Pakistan Ryder.

C

claudacio

Only thing I would suggest doing before planting in it would be to put some in a container and water it and see what the runoff water contains as far as EC/PPM value. I am not familiar with it, however I am a light warrior user for starting seedlings as well and I also know how good it is so I am also interested to see how you make out with the organicare product. Its made by botanicare if you didnt already know that so I would imagine its a decent product, however I have not heard anything all that good about the organicare bottled nutrients so I'd steer clear of those but the ingredients in the mix you bought dont sound to bad nor does it sound all that strong but it doesnt say anything about myco's or any of that, does it???

As I said, try a little in a cup and see what comes out in the runoff for strength, it should probably be fine if anywhere on the bag states its good for startup/seedlings/clones etc...

Alter Ego

Alter Ego

Thanks for the detailed reply ^^^^, much appreciated fellow farmer!

Well I decided to do a test grow. 2 seedlings, 2 solo cups, 1 cup light warrior and 1 cup organicare...I'll let them both veg in the soil before flower/transplant, etc and we will see how each plant grows. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom