Organics and rez tubing?

• Thread starter GanjaAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I plan on using Flora nova as my base nutrients and an organic line for amendments as well as TEA? It was brought to my attention that my hoses on my watering system will become disgusting. Anyone encounter this or found a way to help keep the system clean?

I know there are a few gardners on here who are using both... I hope you guys can chime in on this.

Also... for those day where you guys are using teas, how long do they stay good in a rez? Max for me would be 24hrs.

Mine is 55 gallons and I am using caps packs.

Thanks everyone as the Ganja AL lab is almost done and ready to crack seeds.

My medium is going to be 50/50 chow mix.

J

Jalisco Kid

Run 1/2" pvc T'ed with ball valves to control each plant site. This would give you good flow when you need to flush your girls. JK

K

kushtrees

I do something like this I do nutes (base nutes, silica, and a fulpower) 5 days a week. Then 1 day gets RO water for the day with hand watered tea and the other day gets RO, Kelp, Humic acid and now I am adding micro nutrients to that as well. I have a separate res for these 2 flushes as the kelp mix makes resses all organic and slimy. This way my nute res stays fresh and clean throughout the week.

I've never had problems with this but organics only go through my drip lines once a week, the other 6 days get clean nutes or RO. If your running organics daily I would say do what JK said 1/2 inch lines directly to the plant so you don't have any clogs.

As far as dippers go I make drip rings using 1/4 Ts as drippers I have never been into the 1/8 tubing. Never clogged a 1/4 inch but have seen multiple 1/8 clog and when you have to water 6-8 times a day to keep the medium moist Clogs can be killer

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Yea... not dripper just on/off cycle to 10-20% dtw run off. Also I am plumbing a waste drain for my rez so I can clean it out. Guess I am going to have to play this one by ear as well. Planned on running 1/2" but need to use flexible tubing in order to take apart when needed. Hate to have it all glued in.

J

Jalisco Kid

Why take it apart unless you are some ultimate gorilla grower. I use threaded pvc fitting and unions to separate my system. I also have clean outs on every run, also vacuum breakers. To old to fuck with bad plumbing.JK

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

LMAO... same here brother. Hate messing with plumbing. Hate leaks as well. I have to move the raceway from one side to the middle once the veg is done as I am using only half the lights on one side of my lighing as it is set up on a pully system to move them up and down.... to damn hurt to climb my ass up and down ladders to move the lights up and down.ahahahaha.

Thanks again for the ideas and will now be able to get it done right instead of half ass.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Why take it apart unless you are some ultimate gorilla grower. I use threaded pvc fitting and unions to separate my system. I also have clean outs on every run, also vacuum breakers. To old to fuck with bad plumbing.JK

Hi JK , where are you placing the vac. breakers? I have seen these and didn't think I would need em.. Just put threaded unions on each side of my clean outs/filters. Breaker on top of res?

J

Jalisco Kid

I have one one my rez and on the end of each run. Overkill maybe. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom