OrganiShield anyone used this product?

• Thread starter GrowHobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Curious if anyone has any opinions on the product. I heard it mentioned in a YouTube video talking about another product. Seems legit.

I ordered a bottle. Been at war with aphids and Thrips all summer. Nothing crazy but I’ve dumped a boatload of Dr. Z and Pure Crop 1 with only limited success.

I’ll let y’all know how it works for me. Price is reasonable imo. Ingredient it incredibly interesting check it out let me know your thoughts

S

secondnaturefarms

Curious if anyone has any opinions on the product. I heard it mentioned in a YouTube video talking about another product. Seems legit.

I ordered a bottle. Been at war with aphids and Thrips all summer. Nothing crazy but I’ve dumped a boatload of Dr. Z and Pure Crop 1 with only limited success.

I’ll let y’all know how it works for me. Price is reasonable imo. Ingredient it incredibly interesting check it out let me know your thoughts

I just spoke to the sales rep today, it does sound legit and the products been around for sometime but they recently acquired the rights to it. I've also been using purecrop1 with little success. This product is oil free so there's no build up and actually has a detergent that will clean off any residual oil off the plants and open the stomata. He also made it clear that it wouldn't turn the hairs red/brown like dr zymes and can basically spray all through flower but it has to hit the pests your after. I've been running the gauntlet of the organic insecticides and pyganic is the only one that has killed on contact but can only spray in veg. Spraying in flower will trigger Pyrethrin on a pesticide test. Looking forward to seeing if this really works. If anyone else has any organic based suggestions I'm all ears. hope all goes well.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I just spoke to the sales rep today, it does sound legit and the products been around for sometime but they recently acquired the rights to it. I've also been using purecrop1 with little success. This product is oil free so there's no build up and actually has a detergent that will clean off any residual oil off the plants and open the stomata. He also made it clear that it wouldn't turn the hairs red/brown like dr zymes and can basically spray all through flower but it has to hit the pests your after. I've been running the gauntlet of the organic insecticides and pyganic is the only one that has killed on contact but can only spray in veg. Spraying in flower will trigger Pyrethrin on a pesticide test. Looking forward to seeing if this really works. If anyone else has any organic based suggestions I'm all ears. hope all goes well.
Hey sorry I missed this post.

I’ve sprayed 4 times. Twice at close to full strength 80ml/ Gal and twice and maintenance strength 40ml/ Gal and it slapped down all my bug problems fantastically. I noticed zero negative effects on buds. I just harvested one plant. I don’t expect any negative taste but we shall see.

F

Fatdoink

keep us updated on how the flavor was too please! I am also dealing with mites, during flower. I just ordered a bottle, off yours and a few others reviews.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I can’t notice any negative effects or taste. Admittedly I don’t have a plant of the same strain that wasn’t sprayed to taste test against but it seems fine.

I’m sold on this stuff I even got brave and sprayed my indoor veg with the lights on and it was totally fine.

You can soak a plant and it doesn’t form water droplets on the leaves so no lens burn.

The only thing that makes me suspicious is how well it works lol @Fatdoink

Last edited:
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

keep us updated on how the flavor was too please! I am also dealing with mites, during flower. I just ordered a bottle, off yours and a few others reviews.
Feel free to post up your experience with it here. I’d like to hear some first hand how it works on mites.

I certainly hope I don’t need to use it against them though

J

jimbops

Feel free to post up your experience with it here. I’d like to hear some first hand how it works on mites.

I certainly hope I don’t need to use it against them though
In a 5x5 flowering tent, I had a somewhat bad infestation of two-spoted spider mites on my clone of Tropicanna Punch from Archive in PDX.

I have 4 plants in there, with 2 at week 8 and the other two at week 4-5. The Tropicanna Punch was looking good, other other plants didnt have any visibile signs.
Sprayed at 90mL/gal on only half, avoiding the more mature flowers for some reason, and it took care of what seemed like most of it. Released 2000 predatory mites and I was off.. Didnt follow up with the treatments unforunately,

Came back from a 8 day break and the whole TP plant had webs on all the crowns. I took it outside and was pissed then immediately followed up with more Organishield. Did another 90mL/gal 2 days ago, now today did a 40mL/gal follow up and got my predator mites a bit early. Hoping that I can treat the rest a few more times and go on with the additional predator mites to ward off the two spots. It seems super effective.
I was reading from a USDA.GOV page (https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/Sucrose TR Crop.pdf) that the SOE's break down to just sucrose and fatty acids besdies H2O and CO2. I know that they said that the fatty acids are already present in plants naturally which I guess is okay, but I feel slightly worried about the sucrose. Many say they dont see any effect on flavor etc but just seems sketch to have sugar in the smoke?

H

Hootersmoker

In a 5x5 flowering tent, I had a somewhat bad infestation of two-spoted spider mites on my clone of Tropicanna Punch from Archive in PDX.

I have 4 plants in there, with 2 at week 8 and the other two at week 4-5. The Tropicanna Punch was looking good, other other plants didnt have any visibile signs.
Sprayed at 90mL/gal on only half, avoiding the more mature flowers for some reason, and it took care of what seemed like most of it. Released 2000 predatory mites and I was off.. Didnt follow up with the treatments unforunately,

Came back from a 8 day break and the whole TP plant had webs on all the crowns. I took it outside and was pissed then immediately followed up with more Organishield. Did another 90mL/gal 2 days ago, now today did a 40mL/gal follow up and got my predator mites a bit early. Hoping that I can treat the rest a few more times and go on with the additional predator mites to ward off the two spots. It seems super effective.
I was reading from a USDA.GOV page (https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/Sucrose TR Crop.pdf) that the SOE's break down to just sucrose and fatty acids besdies H2O and CO2. I know that they said that the fatty acids are already present in plants naturally which I guess is okay, but I feel slightly worried about the sucrose. Many say they dont see any effect on flavor etc but just seems sketch to have sugar in the smoke?
Hey Guys I know this is a year late, but I just read this. No worries about the sugar. Organishield which is 40% Sucrose Octanoate. After you mix and spray it, it totally bio-degrades within 5day or less after application. There is not sugar left. At best you have an additional carbohydrate for you plant to readily absorb and the CO2 is release right where the stomata can absorb and thus we often see the "praying hands" in the leaves after spraying the ladies down really good.

From you link in the previous posts : As stated in Evaluation Question #4, SOEs do not persist in the environment and biodegrade within approximately five days at approximately 68-80.6°F/20-27°C, in both aerobic and anaerobic conditions(U.S. EPA, 2002a).

Breakdown products of SOEs include sucrose, fatty acids, carbon dioxide, and water, all of which are nontoxic (Wayman, 1971).

All of the above are beneficial for the plant and the grow environment: in that good microbes in the soil and such feed off the fatty acids, we all know about pumping up the CO2 ( but OrganiShield basically stomata feeds it to the plant), and the sucrose is just a carbohydrate load.

Top Bottom