Oriental Express F3 Generation

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning everyone,

I thought I would get a thread rolling for those waiting on the next generation of the OE. I've been working on it and got the project rolling, but been focusing more on other projects like the VB.

I thought it was time to start posting some info and getting some pictures up. I've already have the mother selected and I'm flowering her out one more time before I get to dusting. The plant is OE#2 and smells just AWESOME and she taste like tootsie rolls from what I'm told. I've got so much flavor's around these days. I can't tell much anymore, but I'll get some smoke reports and get them post. One thing about the mother. She smells so nice when flowering out. That's how I fold her in the room.

I'm looking for the male now and have 20 fresh plants going now. I'm going to make my selection soon. I'll also be getting some of the old crosses back in stock also. Just waiting for pollen, but everything is in order.

Here's some pictures. Thanks for all the support.
Take care,
BG

OE_2_Blooming.JPG

OE_2_Close_up.JPG

Stand.JPG

Stand2.JPG

E

euforia

this is what I'm waiting for... OE is great strain ... I'm already crossed my fingers to get some of these F3...
thanks for the info BG :)

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Good looking plants! So are those clones in the coco or is that still soil from before? Cause they are nice and healthy. ;)

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
looks great

im posted for that smoke report tootsie roolls sounds intriguing

1luvbigherb

Billygoat

Billygoat

this is what I'm waiting for... OE is great strain ... I'm already crossed my fingers to get some of these F3...
thanks for the info BG :)

No worries, the project is moving forward. If I didn't have so much on my plate. I should have been to F5 status by now, but I'm getting there. My goal is to take this one to F5 or F6. Once They are looking all the same in seed form. I'll grow a bunch out and watch them all grow the same. We are getting there. Slowly but surely.
Thanks,
BG

Good looking plants! So are those clones in the coco or is that still soil from before? Cause they are nice and healthy. ;)

Don't even say the word soil in my thread, lolol Joking. Yes, that is coco. 70/30 mixture and they are loving it. There should be e-32, OG Kush, UK Cheese, Chem Dawg, Headband, OE#2, and maybe something else. They are loving the coco for sure. I'm almost done totally with soil. Once I transplant the 20 OE F2's. That will be the end of soil. Shit! I've got two unopen bags of Roots to give away to one of my buddies. No more soil. Till I get my green house and can mix it myself and cook it.
looks great

im posted for that smoke report tootsie roolls sounds intriguing

1luvbigherb

Ya, i've got these girls budding out now. I'll be able to get samples to a few people and get their thoughts. I need to ask those who attended the 4th of july cup. If they could let me know what they thought. I'll post info as I get it.
Thanks,
BG

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

;) Just checkin' I thought you said your soil stuff wasn't too happy, so I kinda figured coco. I keep hearing so many positive remarks about indoors and coco! Looking great!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Ya, everything but the little 20 OE are in coco. I'm going to transplant the little OE's into coco and that will be the end of soil. I'm loving coco and can't wait to really push the limits with it. I'm also going to be growing in a nice greenhouse next year and will be growing in coco in the greenhouse also.

I'll be growing in large containers and should get some super monsters. Thanks for stopping by.
Take care,
BG

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sup billy glad to see the project is on schedule. i got some f2's. i haven't gotten to yet. but i will be grabbing the f3's as well. just wondering which way you are trying to take these. are you going for a more thai/sativa or the trainwreck/indy. or perhaps a trainwreck sativa. or are you picking out plants that are a little of both? whats the finish time you hope to get down too?

D

dusty

Hey what's up I'll be ready for a smoke out at the end of the month. Sound good?

Billygoat

Billygoat

sup billy glad to see the project is on schedule. i got some f2's. i haven't gotten to yet. but i will be grabbing the f3's as well. just wondering which way you are trying to take these. are you going for a more thai/sativa or the trainwreck/indy. or perhaps a trainwreck sativa. or are you picking out plants that are a little of both? whats the finish time you hope to get down too?

I'm moving forward with a pheno that is balanced out from both. Trying to have some of the Thai and some of the e-32. It's hard, but will see what happens. Either way, if I'm not happen with the seeds. Then i will just keep working at it. It's hard when doing seeds. Everyone knows i work with the Sativa's. Not many people "LIKE" to grow them out because of a few reasons.

1. The length of flower time. This is for a few reasons. They can't do it in their area because of weather, or because they are growing indoors and don't have the skills to keep them under control or don't want the stress involved. Or, they just want a speed demon, because they are cash cropping.

2. The yield isn't what they might want. Most want something that is quick and fast and yield a monster. Sativa's do yield and i don't care if someone says they don't. You just have to do them outdoors where they are suppose to be grown. You will yield monster tree's out door's and pull a easy 2-3 lbs off a good sativa. Look at Texas Kid. His Bangkok Betty yielded him in that range easy. Plus, he didn't fully finish her. Most grower's don't want to work with yield and length of flower time. They want it yesterday and they want allot of it and it better be killer smoke.

So, from my long rant above. I'm trying to use the e-32 to bring the flower time within range of a good flower time. Get the Psycho high from the Thai and get the frost from the e-32. Mainly, bring the psycho high into the e-32 and keep the flower time low.

Either way, the pheno's have been showing good signs for those depressed and need a bump to get going. Good for working and being active. I'm happy with those results so far. Working on the flower time and resign formation is the problem now. It's looking good though.
Thanks,
BG

Hey what's up I'll be ready for a smoke out at the end of the month. Sound good?

Might have time to get something to eat. Just give me two week warning and i will set some time aside. Been crazy around here. Had a friend bite the bullet the other day. Got in a car crash and didn't make it. Got hit by a drunk driver and didn't even see it coming, so I've been jumping through some hoops helping the family out. Hit me up later and I will meet you for lunch.
Later,
BG

UPDATE

All 20 of the OE's are now transplanted into coco. Hopefully they don't stress to much, but I'll know in a couple of days. Like I've posted before. I've already got the female ready. I'm now just looking for a male. Hopefully I will find something nice in the 20. If not, then I will germ some more seeds and look again.

That's pretty much it on the OE. I'll get some pictures of the mother in a few days. I've got some super nice healthy clones waiting for pollen. They are loving the coco and canna nutz.
Take care,
BG

Z

zoeronerer

sorry to hear about your buddy, sending love and blessings to his family.

the balance of the two strains sounds nice, keep that reszin production uuuuuup...

good luck to everyone out there in sativa yeild land ......

sativas are also great because i can put them in the box longer and do less work.

i can get more poundage out of a 120 day sativa pull and do half the transplanting ..
also dont forget veg time is way down on a sativa so you can really make it work in your favor with the correct system and pheno.....

Billygoat

Billygoat

It's all good zoeronerer. It's a part of life, but it does suck. The family is shocked and doing ok for what has happen. It's hard when anyone looses someone they love from something dumb as drinking and driving. Thanks for the blessings.

Ya, I'm trying to balances them out. It's looking good and will see once I get to the F4's. That will let me know how well they are doing. Either way, I can go backwards if needed, but things are looking good so far.

Sativas outdoors are nice. They do well and yield well. The biggest problems is the area they are grown. If they can finish up. If not, you got to use a greenhouse. Then people harvesting way to early because they can't wait the full time needed.

Anyone that has smoked a real Haze or Thai will know what I'm talking about. If they are grown out right, WOW! Yes, they take a long time to finish, but your are rewarded in the end. I've seen some crazy Haze outdoors here in Cali. Looks like some swag looking buds, loaded with resin and a green/brown color. You smoke this stuff and BAM! Your off to the moon. lolol

Talking about veg timing. Your right. There are some you've got to start them 12/12 as soon as they pop out of your soil or plugs from germing. A good Neville's Haze is one or a pure haze also. If you want to control these. 12/12 is a good start for these.

Take care,
BG

Z

zoeronerer

cool yeah i have about 7 out of 10 that survived a cardinal attack ..

on 12/12 from the start ... im making some f3's hopefully for fun and as a tutorial for the helper kid.

im excited to see these do their thing straight from seed....

also have 10 others that are a foot tall...

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Variety is the spice of Life....or something like that ;) There is room inside at my place for a little sativa and indica action lol.

It's really neat to get all of this insight into your breeding Billygoat, thanks for sharing so much.

C

Cinderella99

"...I've seen some crazy Haze outdoors here in Cali. Looks like some swag looking buds, loaded with resin and a green/brown color. You smoke this stuff and BAM! Your off to the moon. lolol."

Nice^ :)

I am definitely looking forward to growing out these F3's Billygoat, but, given that you're happy with the way they turn out, I'm probably still looking at several months, huh? Unless there is a way to find F2's that I'm unaware of?

Edit: Ahhh I see now Harborside by doing a lil further readin... But I'm down south. Anybody down here carry your seeds? I'd drive up as far as LA since I work about 20 miles South of there... If it matters, I'd be down for you sending in some less fresh F2

My condolences bro. My best buddy growing up hit a telephone pole while DD and last I saw of him (the visits, after years became really tough) he was still in semi-vegetable state. Best wishes for family.

Billygoat

Billygoat

cool yeah i have about 7 out of 10 that survived a cardinal attack ..

on 12/12 from the start ... im making some f3's hopefully for fun and as a tutorial for the helper kid.

im excited to see these do their thing straight from seed....

also have 10 others that are a foot tall...

Thanks, glad to hear you got a nice number. It will give the kid something to do and get him on the path. Can't wait to hear more, maybe some pictures also. Maybe, :smoke

Variety is the spice of Life....or something like that ;) There is room inside at my place for a little sativa and indica action lol.

It's really neat to get all of this insight into your breeding Billygoat, thanks for sharing so much.

Thanks, i try and do my best and be honest about it. No need to BS anyone. Just like the Chocolate Thai's. I want people to know if I'm having any issues. Glad to let members follow along. It's always nice to see them grow my seeds out and enjoy them
Thanks

"...I've seen some crazy Haze outdoors here in Cali. Looks like some swag looking buds, loaded with resin and a green/brown color. You smoke this stuff and BAM! Your off to the moon. lolol."

Nice^ :)

I am definitely looking forward to growing out these F3's Billygoat, but, given that you're happy with the way they turn out, I'm probably still looking at several months, huh? Unless there is a way to find F2's that I'm unaware of? I've got the mother ready. I'm growing out 20 OE F2's right now. All I've got to do is find a nice male in the 20 and then where good.

Edit: Ahhh I see now Harborside by doing a lil further readin... But I'm down south. Anybody down here carry your seeds? I'd drive up as far as LA since I work about 20 miles South of there... If it matters, I'd be down for you sending in some less fresh F2

My condolences bro. My best buddy growing up hit a telephone pole while DD and last I saw of him (the visits, after years became really tough) he was still in semi-vegetable state. Best wishes for family.

I'll talk to my agent and see who has seeds down that way. I should be getting him some more stock soon and still have some F2's left over. They aren't as fresh as the new stock, but the germ rate is good. I got a 100% a few weeks ago. I'll also get Logic some also

Thanks, family is doing as good as they could. Thanks for the kind words.
Take care,
BG

Z

zoeronerer

as soon as i stop bleeding i will work on that ...

i think its gonna be ER time tomorrow ......

woops trouble in paradise (kids dont ride scooters )

Z

zoeronerer

back on topic i love the more thai leaning oe...

from what i have had of course ....

that licorish/tootsie roll pheno sounds nice .....

Billygoat

Billygoat

I hope everything went well last night at the ER. I've crashed a scooter before. Was a old vespa 150. Man, was that a fun scooter. Back on topic. Ya, there is a nice sweet pheno in there. The mother i'm working with now. She is a sweet smelling and tasting. I've got to get some sample to a few friends and get them to nail it down for me. I'm bad at figuring out what it taste like.

I've got the female for the next generations. It's just finding a good male now in the 20 OE i've got going now. Will see what happens, but I'm sure will find something. If not, I've got plenty F2's to find one.

I hope your feeling better.
Take care,
BG

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

2. The yield isn't what they might want. Most want something that is quick and fast and yield a monster. Sativa's do yield and i don't care if someone says they don't. You just have to do them outdoors where they are suppose to be grown. You will yield monster tree's out door's and pull a easy 2-3 lbs off a good sativa. Look at Texas Kid. His Bangkok Betty yielded him in that range easy. Plus, he didn't fully finish her. Most grower's don't want to work with yield and length of flower time. They want it yesterday and they want allot of it and it better be killer smoke.

Hey bg, glad to see your doing better, i couldnt agree more with this statement..i grow mostly sativas outdoors in the tropics and i have seen my self sativas
out-do indicas and hybrids in every way...yield,high,bag appeal, ect..ive ran a couple of sativas inside and outside and the difference is amazing with the outdoor being superior everytime...the high,taste,duration of high
,yeild is always better with a sativa when it is grown outside preferably in a similar climate in which it originated..sativas get alot denser outdoors than they do indoors....getting back on topic, i got a OE dominant pheno of casey jones that looks very similar to the pics posted, the high of her is so racy and cerebral its hard for me to believe that she finished in 63 days and not 100, especially since she looks like a wild sativa...great job on this line BG i look forward trying some of these f3's outside when you release them...take care

Top Bottom