Original Bubba

• Thread starter DiatomaceousE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DiatomaceousE

Now this cut came to me from a forum member a couple years ago. I had posted pictures of my 1980s South Beach Triangle Kush plant (before I knew what it was) trying to figure out if it was the real Triangle, but now I know there is a California TK that is more like the white but this is the old school one according to the person who has held it since 2000 and provided to the cut to rare dankness which Scott bred into the retired "rectangle" and that he calls "triangle" (he also breeds with TK Triangle Kush).

Anyway I got this sent to me with Arcata TW, Cherry Pie, White Fire and White Stardawg and I had send various elites too.

This is the largest Bubba I have run and Ive done about 5 Pre98s, Platinum Pre98, Platinum Bubbax2, 94 Bubba (next biggest yielder) and the Katsu.

This is by far my favorite smelling and smoke of all of gets like 12 oz a plant where the others get 8-10, although Katsu is a close second and I love me some Pre98 too.

All the Bubbas I have tried kind of have this Bubbas smells but its so pure and intense that its amazing to have this cut being a bubba fan and all. All I can describe the smell as is Bubba. No coffee or chocolate, just this sweet and sour deliciousness hard to compare with anything else.

I have heard its around Cali and the Breeder Bodhi has used it in some of his crosses.

This girl will go 100% purple easiest out of the group and I would dare anyone to find a better smoke.

I am one of the only people in CO to have this cut far as I know and I plan on keeping it that way until it floods in from Cali and can be found on craigslist for $25 with a free edible...

Namaste.

Original bubba
Original bubba 2
beaker

beaker

interesting man, heard about this cut but.......Figured it was an S1 that someone renamed for hype purposes.........Looks nice man.

Keep up the good work!

D

DiatomaceousE

Yes you never know. The person I got it from had all sorts of great genetics and said that he had just got it and hadn't run it yet, so he didn't know what a gem he was giving away =X

Anyway the story I most believe about Bubba Kush is this one.

I saw a youtube video called "the real bubba kush" where the guy from this article was interviewed basically says its notheren lights bag seed that he use to sell in Cypress Hill and people back in the early 90s.

Says he thought it went extinct but is rumored to still be around Northern California. I think he is a dispensary owner or something in Colorado I should try to track him down and have him verify.

Either way definitely my favorite cut of Bubba I have found although the Katsu is close second.

I will try to get some better pictures up if I can manage.

D

DiatomaceousE

Now to be fair to the other possible creator of Bubba Kush I will say there is this story by I think the same people taking credit for the creation of OG Kush.

Clone Only Strains - Bubba Kush
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog. Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba.

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Bubba_Kush/Clone_Only_Strains/
http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/OG_Kush/Clone_Only_Strains/

And the funny thing about that High Times guy claiming to be the creator says he is also the originator of OG Kush and mentions nothing of Chemdog 91.

Possibly there are two different things that were going around called Kush but who knows hard to say either way. I do know that "Original Bubba" is bomb and probably my favorite cut.

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
Hey DE...sadly both those guys are full of shit Bubba from the Cannaseur dispensary in Denver is the genius behind the hightimes article.

And...Kaliua Kid (RIP)...he made up all the other BS, about Bubba, OG, Chemdog, WCD, Jerry, Putz, etc., when he was running with the Brothel Brothers seed company with OrgnKid & PSM.

I wish I could tell you the real story but some things will always remain just a mystery...it's a pity there's so many bullshitters out there trying to grab themselves a little bit of fame by making up shit, running with it, & living the lie. :wtf:

Venom818

Venom818

I may be to medicated but bubba and triangle kush aren't the same strain .And I've never heard of a Cali triangle there is only 1 triangle kush.

N

nightmarecreature

The Rectangle was retired because the cut was confirmed by a few people to be an S1 of the TK that goes around Colorado. Atleast that was the rumor how it was told.

707seedbank

707seedbank

Supporter
Hey DE...sadly both those guys are full of shit Bubba from the Cannaseur dispensary in Denver is the genius behind the hightimes article.

And...Kaliua Kid (RIP)...he made up all the other BS, about Bubba, OG, Chemdog, WCD, Jerry, Putz, etc., when he was running with the Brothel Brothers seed company with OrgnKid & PSM.

I wish I could tell you the real story but some things will always remain just a mystery...it's a pity there's so many bullshitters out there trying to grab themselves a little bit of fame by making up shit, running with it, & living the lie. :wtf:
I'm sure if you poked that guy with a needle shit would come out....

CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr

so if I have a "bubba kush" that tastes distinctly of OG...is that probably a seed version trying to recreate bubba? It is good but none of that earth or coffee flavor, or that bubba flavor that my limited experience recognizes.
I always hear it is a cross with an OG Kush in it but have never tasted it directly

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
so if I have a "bubba kush" that tastes distinctly of OG...is that probably a seed version trying to recreate bubba? It is good but none of that earth or coffee flavor, or that bubba flavor that my limited experience recognizes.

Select pheno's of Bubba S1's taste & smell very OG'esque...those are the ones that happen to be my favorites...I like them better than the mother cut. :)

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter

That guy is absolutely full of shit and full of himself. lol I called that dispensary 4 years ago or so when I was living in CO. I got one of the owners on the phone after reading their ad in Kush magazine in which they claimed to be the creators of Bubba and OG Kush. When I questioned him about their claims the guy said he didn't believe his partners ("Bubba") stories and and claims. He said he really didn't want to run the ad but "Bubba" insisted. I could hear the shame in his voice.

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
That ^^^^^ was the same consensus everyone I know who visited the dispensary came to as well...Bubba is completely full of shit. And High Times is just par for the course running articles like that...no truth at all in that rag...but thousands of newbs will read that shit & believe it...kinda sad. :confused:

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
That ^^^^^ was the same consensus everyone I know who visited the dispensary came to as well...Bubba is completely full of shit. And High Times is just par for the course running articles like that...no truth at all in that rag...but thousands of newbs will read that shit & believe it...kinda sad. :confused:

Yep. Even the weedmaps guys jumped on the hype train. They actually did a follow up video with the guy and introduced him to Cypress Hill. Those guys bought into his shit due to the story, place and timeline and now he's the man. It truly is sad to see. I don't know how that guy sleeps at night.

N

nightmarecreature

It's not surprising really. The people at High Times depend on writing whatever they can, their lively hood depends on it. High Times is the National Inquirer of weed. I don't buy the mag or read it, there is better information on this board.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

I love all the different stories you hear about the infamous Bubba Kush. The cuts and which was first, which is an s1. And I goes on from there. I've had my Pre98 and just grabbed another Katsu from production since it yields more than Pre98. I'd love to checkout the 94' cut and others. I'm going to make some s1's of Pre98Bubba to see what I find. I believe it has West Coast Dawg in it.
In fact, I might make a few batches of s1's. Chemdog 91' skunk VA, Sinister Og and see how they would match up with Pre98Bubba. Man I can imagine the dank that would come from those.....
You have beautiful cut no doubt my friend! Thankyou for sharing.
Quest

O

OldLuck

Select pheno's of Bubba S1's taste & smell very OG'esque...those are the ones that happen to be my favorites...I like them better than the mother cut. :)

Is that what Game Changer is a s1 of your orig bubba?

true grit

true grit

I love all the different stories you hear about the infamous Bubba Kush. The cuts and which was first, which is an s1. And I goes on from there. I've had my Pre98 and just grabbed another Katsu from production since it yields more than Pre98. I'd love to checkout the 94' cut and others. I'm going to make some s1's of Pre98Bubba to see what I find. I believe it has West Coast Dawg in it.
In fact, I might make a few batches of s1's. Chemdog 91' skunk VA, Sinister Og and see how they would match up with Pre98Bubba. Man I can imagine the dank that would come from those.....
You have beautiful cut no doubt my friend! Thankyou for sharing.
Quest

Dont believe it has any dawg or wcd in it. IMO its just a old kush line phenotype. It seems to be prevalent phenotype in some old kush stock from the 80's. I think some folks jsut decided to take credit at some point when names really started making money.

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Well please don't leave us in the shadows Nspecta may you tell us the "real" story about the orgins of the Bubba Kush and OG Kush? For I have believed Kaliua Kid's story for a while, because it sounds more convincing than Josh D's story. Especially after seeing pictures of West Coast Dog, Chemdog '91 cut, Larry OG Kush cut, SFV OG Kush cut (Josh D's cut), and your pre-2k Bubba Kush cut (which by the way is the best Bubba Kush I've seen). From reading Jdog6000's post on IC I think that he believes Kailua Kid's story as well. So if Kailua Kid's story is in fact wrong and you know the "real" story then please tell us what this story is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom