original POW description

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Motarebel

Motarebel

This is the original description Gruru used when he sent the original F1's into CBAY(Cannabisworld) years ago.The POW's i have up for auction are F2's of Gruru's(KingsofCanna) work.

Pacific POW

I sent in all the Pacific POW seeds in too cbay today .

They will be listed all at$5.00 IP. Yes thats not a typo FIVE bucks .
This will be my finest medical strain i have created yet.... Its creation dedicated to giving the sick a better day to look forward to . The plus will be that it will be one of the most powerfull Purple Pot Plants ever created . Long has the purple been known as weak or at best ok herb. This heavyweight parring combines the proven crossing power of the PG13 with the most powerfull purple plant i know off........ the Purple Indica aka Purple G .
I Present the Pacific P.O.W.

As both clones were rescued from facist hands i though it only appropriate to honor its legacy and origionator of the PG13 clone and PI / Purple G. Thanks to Pacific many people get to enjoy the G13 and its crosses. I feel honored that Pacific does not mind me crossing the PIBX3 into the PG13 Clone . I hope that it will be a true power crossing. I'd bet dollars to passo's that it wont be to hard to find a winner in a pack of these.

ThaDocta thanks for this info on the Purple Indica

ive never seen anything that wasn't refered to as the purps/purple indica. those are the only two names put on this plant i know of. purple ukrle, grandad, yurple, all that shit has me confused and seems like names a bunch of young dealers threw on the strain to make it sell better. in the PNW everyone i know of which many are very intertwined with the culture know the strain i have as purps/purple indica. all these varations and shit have me way too confused and its way to hard for me to distinguish and compare words to a plant. we need a purple testing booth. everyone with a sample, send me one, and ill send ya somethin different(i have a decent amount of strains so theres no way youd be disappointed) or the smae if you really like the purps and wanna try mine. tell me what you guys think. as far as i know, this strain is very old and i know my particular clone has been in clone form never seeded (selfed) since 1983. i think the similarities are definitely there but i have the feeling taht many of these purples in california may be s1's of the original. i mentioned before that a buddy of mine a long time ago grew 4 seeds of the purps that were found in a bag. my guess would be s1, or even farther down the line, i dont know where the bag came from. anyways, they grew nicely and had a very very similar end quality product that was maybe even a little fruitier like purple skittles. once was taller and stretch maybe 50%, the other stretched about 25%. the latter of the two being very similar to what i know as the purps, just with a little longer internodes, but it could have been the setup that made them like that. like nebu states as well, the purps is in the the way when you kick it over, she grow leaf and a tiny bit of height for about the first 2 weeks and then stops growing and goes straight into bud formation adn you end up with thick ass colas on a short plant. i hope my info helps everyone. peace
ok guys update and results on purps, pi, and urkle comparisons. these will be smoke reports of the strains i smoked this weekend. the PI was mine and the rest were from cali.

*the purps of jason king fame - this is not one in the same as the PI and urkle. in my opinion, this stuff is good weed but not excellent or keeper. the inhale is tasty and reminds me slightly of a grape but more of a sweet mexican type flavor although not grapey. i have a ds cross that has a similar smell flavor, i dont like it and it was trashed. the main appeal would be the unsmoked smell and the incense like smell of it after it has burnt. for those properties it was good. but the flavor was sweet and pretty tasty on the inhale, i like that, but the exhale was quite a dissapointment. bland to me. compared to the other strain beingh smoked like pure sativas, indicas, and strong hybrids, it was not that potent. i still have plenty of the samples(from different growers) and can do some overalls after enough testing. this is just initial tests. nice smell, like a sweet purple mexican. where did he get the "nag champa grape bliss that is GREAT tasting?", i dont have a clue. kinda that flavor but not strong at all in any aspects this strain. MY OPINION, I COULD SEE WHY MANY PEOPLE WOULD LIKE IT

the purple urkle- keep in mind i only saw a very small piece of this and did not actually smoke it (*edit, sample was found and smoked)but was a good enough sample to make a comparison judgement on smell. smell is somewhat similar with the PI, but more florally and stinky reminding me of the UV of fame in PNW. my friend said the smoke tends to never be potent at all although it is very tasty. he says of the three, is the tastiest.

the PI- the PI is more of a hard to describe strong grape smell that is very perfumed yet floral similar to the urkle but different, the urkle would eb more on the floral side. in my opinion equally as appealing as the urkle. this one though as agreed upon by everyone thats smoked it, POTENT. if you dont smoke a lot, a couple hits will do you for a while. even chronic smokers always comment on how it cuts through everything else. the flavor is excellent tasting strongly of grape perfume and stinky and what i would describe as nag champa/incense perfumy kind of flavor. real thick smoke adn flavor. has been a fave of my since i the first time i smoked it.

we agreed that this was definitely the best of the three all around. with the urkle getting the honorable mention for a bit better smell and taste in some peoples opinions, (i think i still prefer the PI but i need better samples of the urkle). and for coming in last would be "the purps" of JK/Nebu fame. Not my cup of tea at all. some people may love it but taste and potency are all subjective. hope this helps y'all and contributes to the thread. these are just my personal opinions.
i dont know about all these other purples and what not. i can say that the PI and the Shisk#1 pheno i know, are stronger in my opinion than the purple urkle. im not saying the urkle has no potency, just when you have high tolerance, stronger cannabinoid profiles and/or potency are preferable and the urkle didn't seem to make it to the "cut through" quality highs.(wasnt a slouch either) neither does the shishk have the cut through, but my body says its stronger, maybe not for you guys though. it all boils down to body chemistry. (and i would hardly ever trust the clubs in cali to be selling real deal anything. sometimes they are right on and sometimes they are a sham. its all about what it was given to them as, they dont care as long as people buy it.)
Awsome info

This F1 creation is PG13 x PIBX3
PACIFIC P.O.W.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Nice info Mota....

I had the Purple Indica that DVP (Dave Von Pot) did back in the day, it was stellar...I think it is also the Purple Indica that CBF used in his Magnum PI cross.

Tex

P

primeform

where the fuck did you find this info mota? you got it copy and saved on your computer or this on an old canna site?

hillarious that they were having this same mendo purps/purple urkle/lavender debate that I still hear today.

G

gooey

thanks for the good info...is this the purple indica that was used in god bud? alwasy get faint tastes in it...once again thanks for sharing peace

slausongardens

slausongardens

i have a purple nice guy i got from norcal and everytime i read about p.o.w. it makes me think of my purple nice guy which is supposed to be purps x g13/hp. i wonder how different it is cuz the one i got is fire and turns all purple and smells like rotten dead funk. i guess ill have to get some pows and see the difference for myself.

sweettoothg

sweettoothg

Just picked up a pack of POW. I will definitely do a journal when I recieve the beans! Can't wait.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
POW in veg almost ready to flip....and guess what else is along for the ride?....the parent PurpIndica...oh yea its gona be good...
FOE20

POW1beye 12 30 11
POW1stalk 12 30 11
POW2veg1 12 30 11
POWveg2 12 24 11
PIndVeg1 12 10 11
Reactions: mal
M

mendel

This is an interesting seedline to be sure. I have just moved 4 girls into flower, 2 short squat green phenos, and 2 taller branchier purple tinged girls. Cant wait to sample the end result.

the rrock

the rrock

Just picked up a pack of POW. I will definitely do a journal when I recieve the beans! Can't wait.

igrew some of these out over 10 years ago, from what i remember, short bushy very potent, similar to some G13 i was growing uther than a purple tint to it. I would veg these as long as possible for max yield as they do not stretch much in 12/12

T

TreFarmer

This is an interesting seedline to be sure. I have just moved 4 girls into flower, 2 short squat green phenos, and 2 taller branchier purple tinged girls. Cant wait to sample the end result.

Yessir very close to Doc's S¹ but thrice the smell!
First run going into flower now.
S¹ exhibits Two seperate phenos... squat and bushy and and the other coned shaped like a litte christmas tree.... That's the G baby!! Gotta love it!

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
From what Im seeing the g13 end is the short squat one....The one that loves to eat and why it stays short and dark as its quite stable..The PInd is unique in that its also sensitive to P which if its formula isn't dialed it will show these off colors in veg..The PInd is actually more sensitive to N and will shoot faster but this helps to differentiate between them..
Ive also seen PInd phenos in the other PInd hybrids Ive run including VelRabbit and PurpButters..I strongly believe the PInd is a somewhat stabilized hybrid but more diverse than the Pg13 end..
Just did some testing on the PInd itself and when its under fed and in a warm room it takes a secondary form which from what I know is telling us that its most likely outcrossed and not as stabilized as the g13..
It would be nice if Pacific or Gruru were avail cause Pac rel both the Pg13 and PurpIndica and Gruru used them as did Clips and others but the parent lines are still a PNW cloudy mystery...
Both these lines have been used for years and are staples in quite a few off shoot hybrids...and for good reason as they were both worthy at the time...Over the yrs the PInd has taken a beating and the low yield tag has been put on her for reasons of commercial folk cant make their $$ and its a bit trickier to nail the harv window and produce its effect well...anyway thats my feel on them...
Im not a fan of s1's and why Im working a Bx to the PInd to get that in a more PInd dom line..Been messin with this since 2004 and why I was workin with Gruru of KOC back then as he was a solid source for the lines at the time...
Later Gruru retired and motareb just happen to have PButters and helped me out on those...Ive been workin those now since least 06...But after running PurpG, PBut, VRab, POW(ala PurpG) and PInd,...Ive got to know them all quite well...
Im sure your seein 2 base phenoms and should be..PurpG is a hyb even at its base...Mendal sound like he sees the very differences Im talking on and said it as they are...2 short squat green(g13) and the taller Purpling one..
Mendal back off the amount you feed the tall ones..But keep the N level more dom in the formula.Most formulas are closer to balanced but it want a more 4-1-4 type..Not a standard 3-2-5 which most will grow on well..If this sounds odd then try it on one 1 of the tall ones and see what happens..or a clone of them the next set..
FOE20

FLB

FLB

Just finished up some POW, apparently the 13 leaner due to its green color and shortness. She kicked out spear shaped cola's clear down to the main stalk. What a pleasant smell that comes from her with a kick as well. Looks like mota slayed it again with this one! Thanks for releasing this gem!! Another keeper for sure.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
FLB can you elaborate more on the smells?...sweet vs acrid or hashy even?..PInd types have a more floral-perfume sweet fruit tone thats very unique to it..just curious tho

Actually I was getting my notes backward...So I'll eat my words atm but I agree now that the Pg13 does shoot more as the pure form PInd doesn;t as much vertically as it does horiz..
Another on here had said how the Pg13 will form a Tree and have size to it compared t the PInd which would stay squat..This is correct..My notes were from the PButters, VRab and others that have involved the Pg13 or PInd...
The Pg13 will def shoot if given the chance but they both can stay quite short and compact..
Ive noticed the PInd actually doesn;t shoot much at all and instead grows Outward away from its main stalk/base if topped or slightly cropped..I do feel PInd's budset and structure will take longer to form and mature so this is only because I see hawaiian type traits in her compared to the Pg13 which shows a very solid Afghan form,.which to me is more similar to Afgoo or HPlant than the AfghanBlack type..
I'll show pics of the POW blooming soon that demonstrates the diff between the forms..Where it stays very short and yet has elongated fingers and node points compared to the Pg13..Sorry for any confusion as Im still doc'n the base traits even tho Ive got to know them well, Im takin notes on quite a few varieties atm..

Heres the orig images of PurpG from Gruru's own garden...
FOE20

842zoom1
842whole crop view 2 med
FLB

FLB

FLB can you elaborate more on the smells?...sweet vs acrid or hashy even?..PInd types have a more floral-perfume sweet fruit tone thats very unique to it..just curious tho

I would say all three you just said would best describe, sorry no pics atm. But now that you mention it I would say this lady is a afghi leaning with it's structure and sativa leaning shape of bud. It is very quick to flower and the smells came withing a week. Def one of the stinkiest ladies in the herd. I can only recall some willy's back in the late 90's that smelled similar. I have seen the slow vegging time on the urkel's, ST and bubba's but this pheno shows no mercy!

CRaiNKy

CRaiNKy

I have the POW X 98 Aloha WW I think either Mota or Blazing Pisteleros made, looks nice. Cannot stop drooling. 3 more weeks.

slausongardens

slausongardens

^^^^ delete that. i dont think logic allows youtube videos posted here unless the rule has changed.. i like videos and all i just dont want u to get in trouble.

nice show though, nice to see those pow x aww up close like that.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I lost track of the POW origin so I'm glad to catch wind of this thread. It always helps to have a source of info about a strain. I know realized I have a PG13 leaning pheno. I only grew out one but seeing pics of the purpG I can tell mine is more G13 looking. I LST'd so no natural tree formation but it is a stinky green little bush with very little stretching so far. As for the nute profile, I must be doing something right cause she's happy but now I'm thinking I can and should feed her a little more N.

Top Bottom