Origins of Kush strains

• Thread starter sloth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sloth

For many many years now i have been very interested in where all these wonderful kush strains i enjoy come from. i have read plenty on where all the la og's come from but that just leads to the hills of humboldt county where the u.c berkley students figured out the connection between afghanistan and humboldt being on the same parallel leading to the importing of seeds from that region. then it is said that they started to selectively breed these ghani seeds for there high potency and the intense "lung freeze" that came from the high resin content. hashplant has ties to this same region but does not exhibit many qualities of kushes except structure and resin development. i have seen kushes and some hashplant side by side and they are nearly identical but smell, taste, and smoke completely different. i havent had any experience in breeding either of these strains so cannot say for certain that some shared properties do not exist. it would be very interesting to see if there was some way to connect these two strains by tracing back there lineage but i doubt that day will ever come. if anyone has any info on this type of info it would be grealty appreciated. i am mostly looking for origins of kush not so much the ogs because i am pretty sure ogs come from this line.

GhostFace

GhostFace

it all started from a very select few Kush plants that have been used for thousands of years high up in the HinduKush Mtns/afghan mtns..all these other kushes that pop up every single day are hybrids, poly hybrids and sum not kushes at all. :rasta2: old world breeding stock is being lost more and more every day..hard to find landrace kushes being people hype up kush and rename strains every chance they get. a few years back it was sourd and now its kush chem and kush

S

Sea Of Green

Very true, everything is getting pretty homogenized these days. There's some pure afghani land race strains out there still.

I grow a strain that's atleast 50% pure, line bred, afghani according to Spice of Life Seeds. Shiskaberry is CCK's F2 version of SOLS's Shishkeberry #3. Shishkeberry #3 is Shishkeberry Red(pure afghani) x Blueberry(DJ Short's 80%/20% indica/sativa hybrid of unknown origins).

However, I have to disagree on the Hash Plant diagnosis. I've never seen anything grown that resembled those very distinctive "fingers" that grow at the tips of the buds of true Hash Plant. That's how you know it's HP(or a hybrid of it). I used to know a guy who grew HP for years. And it looks EXACTLY like this...

And this...

Top Bottom