ORP Controller, how to setup?

• Thread starter Desertboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertboy

Desertboy

I have an Ozone generator/ORP controller combo but not settings, I've been told by the people I bough it from to ignore the ORP controller because my water is 0.4EC and just run the ozone on a timer.

That doesn't cut the mustard for me really so what settings am I aiming for?

ORP == Oxygen reduction potential basically measures DO in a reservoir.

I'm going to shoot for 300mv with ozone injection (Through an airstone) if no one else has an idea that take it from there.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're working with ozone and aiming for redox? AWESOME! Go to a reefkeeping site, I personally would be very surprised if anyone (who isn't familiar with aquatics) here or any canna-site would have a CLUE.

However, my own understanding, grasp, knowledge and experience are also based solely in aquatics, and O3 has some very specific uses in that context as a strong oxidizer. It's the molecular reactivity with nutrients in the res that I'm thinking of first here, will you be causing oxidation with any of those substances and, if so, what could be the possible end result? Also, if you don't already know, O3 is a powerful anti-microbial agent, kills very well.

Let me do some searching for you, very quickly....

Ok, good info here, even if RDO is dying (don't get me started):

And, Bob's information is ALWAYS spot on, I know him personally, have for decades:
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/redox.htm

Bob wants you to keep your redox >300mv, as do others in aquatic scenarios, both freshwater and marine and planted systems (FW).

Desertboy

Desertboy

Thanks, yes I knew about ozone being an effective anti bacterial agent I use it in my grow room for the last 2 weeks to combat Budrot.

Interesting reading, my ORP is 198mV with an airstone and flooming to one aquafarm. I reckon reading that I shall aim for 350mV with ozone injection.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I've made some improvements and got my ORP up to 230mV's wthout ozone.

I've decided to do a grow out with no Ozone first so I have a yardstick to compare to, I bought myself a UV sterilizer to keep the reservoir clean.

Next time I'll add Ozone to compare growth factors.

I need to buy a decent ozone generator for the reservoir for maximum effect not the cheap one I have now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom