Osa Nutrient Additive Out Of Rhode Island! Is 5 Gallons Worth $4700?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@osa28 I asked you how your product is better than fish, crab or shrimp meals silica. You answered that Osa28 is faster absorbed because it has been micronized. Well, my fish, crab and shrimp meal is micronized as well. For a fraction of the cost of your product, with many other added benefits.

Do you claim your product still has a faster intake than my product that has micronized products as well? If so, how and why?

Junk

Junk

I can't answer this, and I am sorry I called you a sucker. From what I have seen on the boards our not a sucker, and in fact a smart guy.

Everybody likes free shwag, can't blame you there. My point was nothing is free. Just because they are giving away free samples doesn't mean they are free. The cost is either written off, and less taxes go into the system, or, they are adding in the cost to their 4700$ bottle price tag. Nothing is free, everything has a cost.

I really don't understand this product. Yes it's micronized, and quickly absorbed. However, does anybody in the history of their grow career's remember a time where they needed emergency silica? Silica that had to be up-taken right away? Maybe in hydro systems, I can see that. Not in soil, especially in outdoor plants grown in soil. If you need emergency silica, then your nutrient regimen is suspect.

As far as giving out free samples go.....You guys realize its marketing right? Every company does it right? Ever been to a Max Yield Hydro Show? I fill my truck to the brim with free shwag from those events. It's standard practice in the cannabis community. Nothing special about it. They are not doing it for fun, they are doing it to get the name of the product out to the market. The more people that recognize the bottle, the more people will buy. Doesn't matter if it works or not, people gotta have the new craze/hype. Lets not get carried away and start calling these people Robin Hood.

For the record, I am not saying giving out fee shwag is bad either. It just doesn't change my opinion on a product. In fact, I pay huge bucks for my fertilizer regimen, and wish they gave out free samples.

I know exactly what it is. Until I got sick, that's all I did was run business for people. I quit & started 3 of my own & sold them all. I've consulted for towns with budget problems, or business' that are failing.

Advertising $ don't work the same for everyone. I see other TV shows advertised when I watch TV. Because they can obviously catch someone who is interested in watching TV. Commercials aren't going to work for an item like this. Paper media is difficult as well. It's like I said, if you are going to sell a product that is significantly more expensive than other so called similar products (I'm reserving my judgement to try it) in a market where so many people already have a similar product they like, it's the smartest way to spend their advertising budget. What better way to get you to become a repeat buyer than saying, "Here, take this bottle home & try it. We are pretty sure you will like it, you know where to find us to get more." It says they are confident in their product, & they are willing to let you try it to prove itself.

If their product is good, there is no better way than to get it into the hands of people. It's partially the touch mechanics. If you touch a product, your chances of buying that product increase by 50%. This is why when you walk through the mall people are always trying to get you to try stuff out/on. Costco gives you free samples throughout the store. At stores they spray you with (try anyway) cologne, then put the box on the counter, or try to hand it to you. The purpose of dressing rooms is not solely to check the fit. They want you to try it on. It's called product in hand...which = 50% more likely to buy. It's not a gimmick, it's proven sales technique.

Tax dollars? Anyone who owns their own small business >$500,000 gross, will tell you they get absolutely hammered in taxes. So they find ways to make their taxable income as low as possible. Just like we all do. I live on the NH border where cigarettes (I don't smoke, I'm just observant) are $6 a pack, or thereabouts. In MA, they are almost $11. So all the smokers buy their cigs in NH. NH also doesn't have sales tax, so everyone goes to NH to buy big money stuff.

That's why I say, save judgement for the product itself. What they are doing from a business standpoint, is exactly what I would be doing. I can't think of a more effective way to spend their advertising $. Also, they are sticking their neck out by sending stuff out like that. Because if it's garbage, & you are showing it to everyone before they even buy? You failed from the start. So they are pretty confident in their product, I like their marketing plan. If it works noticeably better, I just might spring for it.

As I said, it might be just 'eh, but I guess we'll see.

greenboot

greenboot

Long time Fasilator user over here. It is expensive but it works really well.

Those that are knocking it, probably haven't even tried it.
It is nothing like protek..

I just orded a gallon of OSA28 to give it a try.
i love facilitor also,,,,

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

this thread is killing me, all these expensive products, hahahaha where does silica come from people? what is silicon dioxide? how is silicic acid produced naturally? and where? why would anyone be spending this much on silica products knowing the answers to these questions.

RESEARCH :eyepiece:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
this thread is killing me, all these expensive products, hahahaha where does silica come from people? what is silicon dioxide? how is silicic acid produced naturally? and where? why would anyone be spending this much on silica products knowing the answers to these questions.

RESEARCH :eyepiece:

COMj3

Don't buy it, save your money, stop coming to this thread to bitch like little girls, I paid money for the sample got it and will give it a try,save you $10.00 and take your girl or boy friend to Taco bell, but stop bitching about this product.

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

View attachment 540948

Don't buy it, save your money, stop coming to this thread to bitch like little girls, I paid money for the sample got it and will give it a try,save you $10.00 and take your girl or boy friend to Taco bell, but stop bitching about this product.

hahaha nice try, do you see bitching or do you see helpful info in the form of easy questions? i have no intention of buying it.

oh one more question
how do you guys think these new "PH PERFECT" nutes are staying ph perfect?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Junk

Junk

This thread went from opinionated but on topic, to the point that I don't even understand what is going on.

The more I think about it....maybe it's me :smoking:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Seriously though, what's up with Big Mike's sidekick?

outwest
IKR Bike Mike's Boy Remo Jumped ship when that shit with Gino went down, You pay for what you get that LJ dude is a super cool looking Meth Head ? no ...:cry:

Last edited:
osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
@osa28 I asked you how your product is better than fish, crab or shrimp meals silica. You answered that Osa28 is faster absorbed because it has been micronized. Well, my fish, crab and shrimp meal is micronized as well. For a fraction of the cost of your product, with many other added benefits.

Do you claim your product still has a faster intake than my product that has micronized products as well? If so, how and why?

Yes and that's a good question! Chemicals of all kinds are absorbed into plants, not (just) because of the molecule size but primarily the electrical charge. Organic acid chelates, for example, "hide" the charge of anions and cations for absorption. Silicic acid is bioavailable partly dues to size (needs to be MONO not in chains) and because it is a neutral charged molecule. Silica from the sources you mention ARE in nm sizes but mostly in the form Silica Dioxide, SiO2, which isn't available directly to the plant.

Micronized silica though DOES have a higher rate of conversion to silicic acid so it's a better source than simple a potassium silicate. But for immediately available, needs to be in prepared silicic acid. Make sense?

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
When did we as growers forget that what our gurlz do is a genetics things. You can cram all the miracle products in the worlds down their throats but they wont yield anything beyond what the DNA in any particular strain will allow. Miracle products "CAN NOT" change the genetics of a strain.

Personally I am still waiting for the plastcic bottle that will have my gurlz germ, grow, water, chop and trim themselves and a bonus would be a new and improved model that will jar itself as well. Oh yea, then the following year they will be able to breed themselves as well!!!! :p Geesh

Excellent point! Genetics are the cornerstone of it all no matter what or how something is fed.

I'm looking for a similar product...PPPPLEEEAAASSE tell me when you find it so we can send out a bunch of free samples ;)

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
If I purchase a product like agsil16h for example. I get a analysis on the package. Agsil16h lists Si and Si02 on the label, same with potassium.

Example for agsil16h:
This is a 1.6 weight ratio hydrous potassium silicate powder with 32% K20 and 52.8% SiO2 and 14.8% H2O.
0.7 grams in one gallon of water yeilds 98ppm SiO2 or 46ppm Si, and 49ppm K

What is the ppm of the Si, Si02, potassium, boron, molybdenum in OSA28?

Labeling is tricky because of state registration requirements. We put percentages on the label rather than PPMs to keep it simple. Simple math based on dilution can give you the parts per million. Our lab analysis is also publish on our website. I like the idea though and will do all the math and get PPMs published at the mixed rate.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Where in AZ can a farmer get some OSA/28? @osa28

I initially am always doubtful of any new product claimed to cure even the common cold. I would be willing to give this stuff a try. The only right way would be to work with an established strain that has known yields from previous runs and overall health are known up front, then use the OSA line working the same mother and cuts from her to see what all the hype is about.

Be warned tho, if I see BS I will call it out in front of everyone.......

I have just the guy to run it with some "The White" Kromes Kut. He has a keeper Mom and will do some side by side. How can we access your product in AZ?

If this stuff works as advertised I will sing it from the highest mountain top (no pun) And if thats the case I want to be put on your payroll!!!! :p peace

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
Where in AZ can a farmer get some OSA/28? @osa28

I initially am always doubtful of any new product claimed to cure even the common cold. I would be willing to give this stuff a try. The only right way would be to work with an established strain that has known yields from previous runs and overall health are known up front, then use the OSA line working the same mother and cuts from her to see what all the hype is about.

Be warned tho, if I see BS I will call it out in front of everyone.......

I have just the guy to run it with some "The White" Kromes Kut. He has a keeper Mom and will do some side by side. How can we access your product in AZ?

If this stuff works as advertised I will sing it from the highest mountain top (no pun) And if thats the case I want to be put on your payroll!!!! :p peace

For sure man head over to the website and you can order up a sample. No one in AZ carrying yet but we sell grower direct. As you said, best to start from early veg. We're confident you won't need to call BS once you try it, but welcome the challenge ;)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Your on!!!! If this stuff works as promised, whats not to like about that. I am always open to new ideas and methods. Understand tho in this industry and many others for that matter, you cant always believe what your told until you walk the road. Remember my sig line. " The Bigger the Lie, the More they Believe" The Wire Peace

Once homey gets a sample he will dedicate his next run with your product. Entire grow log with means and methods, along with side by sides and pics. :cool: Will have him post all data in a thread titled OSA "Trial Run"

Top Bottom