Osmocote - good, bad, and when?

• Thread starter fawnridge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fawnridge

fawnridge

A good friend who grew cannabis outdoors in Colorado for years told me to add some Osmocote to the potting soil when I transplant my seedlings. Because my outdoor soil is too poor to grow anything other than rocks, I've got 6 huge wooden planters to use instead. The seeds haven't sprouted yet. They just went into the hot house on Tuesday, but I bought two big bags of Fox Farm soil and my plan is to move them into 3-gallon nursery cans when they seem to be getting too big for the little germination pots. At that point, I'm going to mix a cup of Osmocote into each can's soil. Good idea? Bad idea? Thanks and a tip of the hat.

the rrock

the rrock

I always use a batch of this mixed in soil at start of grow(outdoors for me) results are fantastic for a healthy strong plant.Do a side by side if you dont believe. i also use eleanors VF-11 as a foliar spray once every eweek. Been growing fdor close to 50 years so i consider myself a guru/connoisseur.
HMU if you need info on the strongest weed available(oh its true,its true)its still available

fawnridge

fawnridge

I always use a batch of this mixed in soil at start of grow(outdoors for me) results are fantastic for a healthy strong plant.Do a side by side if you dont believe. i also use eleanors VF-11 as a foliar spray once every eweek. Been growing fdor close to 50 years so i consider myself a guru/connoisseur.
HMU if you need info on the strongest weed available(oh its true,its true)its still available
What is "HMU?" I'm curious about the strongest weed available.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Aren't there different types of osmocote available? This is a slow-release technique (an encapsulate if that is the right word lol) which degrades with each subsequent watering/rain. I remember seeing a growreport side by side where the Osmocote did absolutely best - still healthy green leaves right upon harvest. It's the nutrient formulae released in your case that would interest me. TY

fawnridge

fawnridge

Aren't there different types of osmocote available? This is a slow-release technique (an encapsulate if that is the right word lol) which degrades with each subsequent watering/rain. I remember seeing a growreport side by side where the Osmocote did absolutely best - still healthy green leaves right upon harvest. It's the nutrient formulae released in your case that would interest me. TY

Osmocote
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Kind of looks like when you mix this stuff in with your fox farms soil the resulting mix looks a lot like miracle grow potting soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom