Oudoor feeding question how often to feed

• Thread starter LegalGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LegalGrow

LegalGrow

Would you recommend feeding light every time I water or do you just feed nutes every other time?
Any help would be great. My plants are yellow in some places and I think too much food perhaps.

Jakecan

Jakecan

I personally feed mine once a week during veg if the plant is directly in the ground and then twice a week in flower

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

I'll keep lightly feeding when I water and see how they respond. The ones that get some partial shade late in the day are doing better than the full sun plants, which is strange. :)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'll keep lightly feeding when I water and see how they respond. The ones that get some partial shade late in the day are doing better than the full sun plants, which is strange. :)
If you can. give them some partial shade also. If you can't, give more water to compensate.
Also, cover the ground around the plant in a circle that is about 3 feet across. A double layer of burlap is good.
That will save you lots of water and give the root zones a cooler environment.

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

If you can. give them some partial shade also. If you can't, give more water to compensate.
Also, cover the ground around the plant in a circle that is about 3 feet across. A double layer of burlap is good.
That will save you lots of water and give the root zones a cooler environment.
Thank you. I'll check out getting them covered up.

Perception

Perception

I heavily amend my soil in the spring before planting (after testing the soil and targeting nutrients), and don’t feed until flower. And even then, it’s a judgement call. Size of plant, health, etc.

This year I am doing tissue samples right before flower starts to try and help target nutrient requirements (if any) in flower. New territory for me

FYI - I’m in the ground. Not raised beds or pots.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I heavily amend my soil in the spring before planting (after testing the soil and targeting nutrients), and don’t feed until flower. And even then, it’s a judgement call. Size of plant, health, etc.

This year I am doing tissue samples right before flower starts to try and help target nutrients. New territory for me

FYI - I’m in the ground. Not raised beds or pots.
Red Wigglers are your new best friend.

Madbud

Madbud

Sounds like you’re growing in pots and have a root issue. Pics would help. To answer your question, and i am successful but hardly knowledgeable, i feed at half strength early in the day, gallon each, then wait a few hours and water to runoff. Feeding once a week and watering when they are dry and lightweight.

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

IMG 20210710 104048907 HDR
IMG 20210710 104054990 HDR
IMG 20210710 104121755 HDR
IMG 20210710 104154012 HDR
IMG 20210710 104217637 HDR
IMG 20210710 104234849 HDR
IMG 20210710 104252908 HDR
IMG 20210710 104324705 HDR

Madmax

Madmax

I use to fertilize mine once a fortnight .outdoor strains ive grown here are very hardy and have grown acclimatised to our conditions so it depends greatly if seeds came from locally grown or overseas..id use anything you can get your hands on from the area like leaf litter.decayed matter to help slow the evaporation and keep soil moist..

mancorn

mancorn

As long as your new growth is looking good, I wouldn’t stress the bottom yellow. Best to remove all that bottom growth anyway so you have good air flow. Not sure where you’re at, but see clouds and lots of green grass, so guessing you’re getting some natural watering? If so you might be washing out your nutrients and better feeding at a higher frequency, lower rate to make sure your nutrients are sticking around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom