Our First Grow (Purple Kush)

• Thread starter Bizee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jansjukebox

jansjukebox

didn't see all these other posts..but yeah man atleast 8 weeks 9 is even better for most kushes. They do look far along for 4.5 weeks but the only way to tell for sure is by lookiing at the tichromes. You really need to invest in a 30x to get a good look see. They all alot of weight after 8 weeks.

F

FoCo

He must mean 4.5 weeks since pistils started bustin' out... this bud looks pretty close to being mature...

http://i35.invalid.com/albums/d163/RickyBizee/70b3d656.jpg
And these are most recent in week 4.5 (present time)

T

TheGreenHand

yeah that bud looks ready but if the rest of em dont look like that then it wouldnt hurt to wait a few more weeks bro'

B

Bizee

Thanks guys I think were gonna take you're advice and wait a couple more weeks to flush, thanks I really appreciate the advice, we need all we can get as this is our first grow.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

let them go 6 and 1/2 weeks then flush for 12 days. Prime.

B

Bizee

And now not 4.5 weeks since pistils, but 4.5 weeks in flowering period.

T

TheGreenHand

Kool man, It'll be well worth it. But from the looks of things you did excellent for your first grow, you could'nt have expected any better in my opinion. Btw I'm from tx so hit me up if ya have questions about outdoor growing or if ya just wanna smoke.

B

Bizee

Thanks a ton guys, I'm glad I got this advice before we harvest. Helped out a lot. Greenhand where abouts? Shoot me a pm.

E

ent

you want the crystals or trichomes to turn amber, not the pistils like you mentioned. from the day you flip to 12/12 you should crop anywhere between 8-10 weeks. 8 weeks for commercial, 9-10 if it's your personal stash. they will really darken up and ripen in those last two weeks even if they stop putting on the weight.

if that plant was ready at 5.5 weeks like you original planned you would have something extremely unique on your hands. if it is infact the purple kush, sr71 or lvpk cut, then it's a 9 week plant.

are you checking the trichs color with a 20x magnifying glass or scope?

B

Bizee

Hey Ent, thanks for the info, we are getting a 20x glass today to check the trichomes. What percentage of trichomes should be brown, so we know it's ready?

E

ent

I like to see about half cloudy and half amber. But if you're a bit anxious if you see like 25% amber you can give her a chop.

L

Lost

I've run the sr-71 and you really want to take her 8 weeks. In a week or two you will see a fresh generation of pistils, just be patient. It will be much stronger and yield can almost double (strain dependant) from the 6 to 9 week period :)

JH420

JH420

Thanks a ton guys, I'm glad I got this advice before we harvest. Helped out a lot. Greenhand where abouts? Shoot me a pm.

No offense to Greenhand but STAY SAFE is all I gots to say...Texas ain't no Cali bro.

T

TheGreenHand

Exactly! I've been sayin that. Try livin here all your life. Texas is a red state full of Republicans and churches. We'll be the last in line to get Bud Decriminalized, Not to mention we have to contend with Mexican drug cartels dealin thier ditch weed all over our state. Oh and lets not forget our tank happy ATF!

Top Bottom