Our Grow shed design..Need Lots of input PLEASE..

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Ok this is going to be a little long.
I was hoping to get some input, and some pointers, criticism, maybe even a good job/choice. Did we go over board? Do we have enough? etc..(I will use "me" and "we" and "our" interchangeably..we are a group of 4 growers experienced with Roses, Lilies, poppies, African violets, but only a little outdoor Cannabis growing..alla 215..of course)..*I see lots of very experienced, knowledgeable people on this forum so I hope you can help*

The set-up..
A "Shed" 10X12X7'2"...9X10 for Flowering Area/3X10Veg Area

Flowering Area

1 X CAP XGC-1e controller w/Fuzzy logic(a 20# CO2 tank with CAP Reg-1 hooked to it)

2 X 1000 Nextgen Ballasts w/Sunmaster 1000watt 2k HPS bulbs. With A MagnumXXXL 6" reflector for each. And a 4' T-5 strip(5000K) on the sides of the reflctor to help with full spectrum lighting. 4 total T-5 lights.

1 X CAP Ebb&Grow Hydroponics system with 12 pots(adding an extra air pump and 6" air stone to it)

4 X Waterfarm Drip systems... either for plants that need different times then in the 12 pot system or for a mother plant(cloning moved into Veg room). All independent..

2 X 6" inline fans to cool each reflector...w/ducting

Veg area...(separated by Panda Film. Panada Film is along the walls of the grow room (and floors if possible? water problems? Slipping? electrical?)

1 X 400-600watt Nextgen Ballast w/Solarmax 400watt 7200K bulb. Sunlight Yield MasterII-6 Supreme Reflector.(this has no inline or any other cooling, except the occasional oscillating fan will hit it..Do I need an inline fan for a 400watt at 18/6 daily?This will take place early spring in So Cal) Vegging

1 X Rainforset 218 w/3" sites for Veg...Plants from seed, my own cuttings, and co-op/where ever bought clones

1 x T-5 6lamp 6500K Fluorescent Strip Light(30,000lumens 324watt). Seedlings

1 x 10x20 Hot House Propagation Kit w/heat mat for growing seed(obviously)

1 x Carbonaire 6 Inch Carbon Filter w/6 Inch In-line Booster Fan pulling air through 6" ducting.

Nutes, and supplements(did I get redundant items?)
1 x Suncourt 6 Inch In-line Booster Fan w/powercord
1 x Humboldt Master A+B Nutrient Gal Kit
1 x Diamond Nectar Liquid Premium Organic Humic Acid Gallon
1 x Floralicious Plus 1-Part Nutrient Supplement Quart
1 x Humboldt Nutrient Ginormous Super Bloom Booster Qt
1 x Atami B*Cuzz Bloom Stimulator 12oz
1 x Atami B*Cuzz Growth Stimulator 12o
1 x Atami B*Cuzz Root Stimulator 12o

Ok so that is the basics of what we are looking at getting..

Of course there are other things we will be purchasing Timers, and Hydroton clay etc...

So anyone/Everyone have anything to add?Please...Thanks

If this works out I will try to do a grow journal..and a review of the products from a novices prospective..

*Kissing Ass..more bees with honey approach..

sky high

sky high

I was gonna say "insulation"..... like some R-19 in the walls and ceiling....then some drywall.....or yeah...it's gonna get damn hot from the sun in there.... (IMO)

and security... nothin' worse than doin' all that work to have it ripped 'cus you made it easy....

be safe. Good luck

s h

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Thanks T.O., Malachi, and Sky...
As far as insulation We are trying to figure out how to put up ?Fiber glass insulation?(that stuff that gives nasty invisible splinters.)..DRYWALL! great idea!!I will google R-19..
AC this is going to be a problem. The area is already so stuffed full of equipment(at least from my scale drawings..)Would just a normal portable AC work? A co-op friend said try a AC unit from a tractor-trailer(the kind used to hull food around the country(LOL...a little big)..but that's thinking way outside the box.
AC, and insulation..So the main thing is temp..GREAT! thanks I will work on it.
As far as security..Prop 215 paper work everywhere in clear water proof map cases..2 black Labs(although ones blind), a German Shepard/Wolf mix, 2 M-4sw/2gen NVscopes. A one bad ass mean all black cat. of course all that means nothing...I could never hurt someone for a plant, just to protect friends, family(our pets as well), innocents, self...
Once again thanks for all the input..Truly Thanks
Take care and Care compassionately

sky high

sky high

R-19 is the insulation rating of a 3.5 inch thick peice of fiberglass insulation. Yes..it's nasty....but you can now get it encapsulated in plastic rather thsan the old paper faced stuff that had an open side....and it minimzes the exposure/ immensely. Wear gloves//long sleeves and eye/nose protection and get it done.....then cover it with the drywall and you should be good to go. There's also the foam "blue board".....but it is harder to get tight/cut right/etc. Just be smart about the fiberglass...do any cuts outside the space... and keep that protection on. (helmet that soldier...ooops..wrong battle!)

keepin yer mouth shut is your best security.... but remember this...if it reeks, someone will scope it out....

sounds like a fun project! Good luck

s h

S

sickboy

I hear ya on the not hurting someone over a plant but if they're coming onto my property/ into my house with intention of stealing my shit (not just plants), they'll be real lucky to make it out of there with their ass in their pants cuz Im gonna try to blow it off! I'm not a violent dude, but I've worked real hard for what I have and I know it's "just" a plant but it's the principle of the matter. Try to take from me and I'm gonna make you earn it.

M

Malachi

Look into different types of split ac units. I have seen some that have both outside and inside units. One I looked at was pretty cool, it had an outside unit and a very slim wall mount inside unit.

J

Jalisco Kid

I might suggest insulation,soundboard,and then drywall. I used that yellow wallboard on my last install,for a few extra bucks it's worth it. If you live where it's over 90* I would go a little over what you think you need.Nothing worse then losing a % of your crop from not buying more btu's. JK

B

Boots Sugarleaf

hey vonwolfen, good to see you here, like everyone else already said, insulation and ac are important factors...your list seems fairly complete though

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Thanks again for all the info everyone......Hey Boots how are you doing?!!
we are looking into insulation, and I am probably going to try to get a propane burner instead of strait CO2 gas...it is way cheaper in both the short, and long run. I will need to find a way to deal with the heat build up, and am going to try for better exhaust. I might return a 6" inline for a 8 or 10" one, and use it as exhuast instead of reflector cooling. This means one 6" inline for both the magnummXXXL reflectors...We are now very, very over budget...to the point of having problem getting clones/seeds, but I am sure it will work out...might end up being forced to what a month for more money to trickle in..(selling my a$$ on sunset/vine for .50 a pop*)...
As far as progress..We have the ground leveled, the deck is almost finished, and the equipment I/we have purchased is slowly arriving(like Christmas when I was a kid...fun fun fun).
Thanks everyone for all the help, advice, and info...Take Care Care compassionately

*same dumb joke I made on another site

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I am good bro! Thanks for asking.

The propane co2 is the way to go for cost efficiency, once 6 inch vortex is capable of cooling both hoods, but not a 6 inch booster

pm me when you get a chance, 5 more posts!

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is some info on some portable ac units for ya.

Reading these might help you decide. Split AC units are the best thing ever. They take almost no space in side the room and are quiet trouble free work horses. Of course they have a big price tag too, but it's an option.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

pm me when you get a chance, 5 more posts![/QUOTE]

?
took me a few to realize what you where saying...I cant PM for 5 more posts...duh...early morning, brain not working...driving into Simi for deck, and shed building with the morning sun. hopefully we will have everything ready for the equipment... soon..

M

Malachi

Thanks again for all the info everyone......Hey Boots how are you doing?!!
we are looking into insulation, and I am probably going to try to get a propane burner instead of strait CO2 gas...it is way cheaper in both the short, and long run. I will need to find a way to deal with the heat build up, and am going to try for better exhaust. I might return a 6" inline for a 8 or 10" one, and use it as exhuast instead of reflector cooling. This means one 6" inline for both the magnummXXXL reflectors...We are now very, very over budget...to the point of having problem getting clones/seeds, but I am sure it will work out...might end up being forced to what a month for more money to trickle in..(selling my a$$ on sunset/vine for .50 a pop*)...
As far as progress..We have the ground leveled, the deck is almost finished, and the equipment I/we have purchased is slowly arriving(like Christmas when I was a kid...fun fun fun).
Thanks everyone for all the help, advice, and info...Take Care Care compassionately

*same dumb joke I made on another site

Doesn't take long for things to start racking up. The good thing about equipment is once its paid for there are no more expenses besides upkeep. I would suggest looking on craigslist or ebay for the remainder of stuff you need. You can always upgrade later, but you don't wanna cut corners on equipment. Something like an ac unit can be the difference from a successful grow and an epic failure. Take care and hope all goes well.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Malachi
Its funny I just got off Craiglist...some guy has a "blue Ox" or "ox something" propane generator..I emailed him(it is 1200.00 new..ouch), hoping he will work with me. He has lots of equipment for ok prices..the "no" warranty thing is a little disturbing, but if the price is right I can overlook it...

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

stinky420

sorry I still cant PM you back. I need a few more posts..but I am very glad to hear from you..hope you were happy with it..I was a little concerned...I hope I did right by you...take care..

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

anyone know where a propane burner can be got at a fair price?(C.A.P. Burner with 4burners is 299 new w/ warranty, but shipping adds to that)...
Also got the R-19 this afternoon..Thanks for the advice

purpleberry

purpleberry

Id use ply wood instead of sheetrock, I like to able to put a screw in where ever i need.
Primer all the wood with oilbase paint before you build it, will shed water better and keep it from rotting. Put a water proof floor in and a drain in case of a big spill.
Id just use a cheap portable a/c until you have more funds for a split. I have a little 9000btu single hose that cooled 2000w down good enough, but get a 12000 atleast.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Ok so I got a 10000btu Amcor portable AC unit with ducting from the back(allows me to either take air from outside to cool or recirculate the air already in the room(s)(craiglist NIB for 120!!!))..Got R-19 insulation, and will be putting panda film over that for refection/blocking any extra outside light(also using caulking)/ and room separation...Got a 4 burner(propane)generator..I like the idea of NG, but it was logistically feasible...
Purpleberry...I will look into Sheetrock..All the wood we are using has been treated..The plans call for a hole in the front 1/3 of the shed/room for drainage..Gotta check into waterproofing the floor somehow...costs,costs,costs...

Top Bottom