Out in the cold

• Thread starter jbrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jbrass

I left my nutrients in the bed of my truck over the recent nights. The temp has gotten down to 2 degrees. Am I in the clear to use these.

ttystikk

ttystikk

what kind of nutes? Organic nutes may have some degradation of the microbes. Standard nutrient salt based ferts shouldn't have any problems. Warm the stuff up before introducing it to your plants, and mix well, both before and after using it.

mango420

mango420

Should be fine, just get them to room temp before using.

D

dank_

I had nutrients ($600 worth) in a storage unit for most of a winter season. I know that one 4L had froze (was half full), but the rest had no signs of being bad (unopened). Still using them and apparently I have not any issues.

On second thought - I recently purchased new AN Connoisseur and didn't notice any difference from the stuff that was in storage.

Uh... anyways, you should check to see if the nutrient solution looks any different. Like if its slushy or has odd sediment or smells bad. If you're sure it didn't freeze, you should have nothing to worry about.

B

Budshoteyes

I've left nutes in cold outdoor storage once for two years...40 below didn't hurt them...hydro! GH

Top Bottom