outcrossing a strain to find more phenos and how to BX a strain

• Thread starter D9420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

D9420

im just curious how exactly you out cross a strain.
i have a small amount of Sraw-D F3s seeds. i want to make F4s with them. but im also looking to find a nice stud so i want more selection to look threw for a great stud. if i took my SDs and crossed it with another strain would that be outcrossing. like Straw-D x Cherry AK/Straw-D

also for BX seeds how does that go do you keep pollinating the same fem cut with a male from the seeds resulting from each cross or vice versa. or am i totally off?
any info would be great :yes:passingjoint:

K

Karma Genetics

A Backcross, is when you have Plant A (wich is for example a clone only) and you cross it with Plant B you get...... A x B when you germ these seeds and cross it with one of the original parents that is what we call a BX.

true grit

true grit

So you look for a solid male with desired traits/pheno of mother (clone) and cross that male back to clone, with the hopeful result of a more narrowed pheno, correct?

D

D9420

A Backcross, is when you have Plant A (wich is for example a clone only) and you cross it with Plant B you get...... A x B when you germ these seeds and cross it with one of the original parents that is what we call a BX.

thats kinda what i thought. thanks Karma Genetics :)
as for out crossing do i got that right in my first post or am i off there.
Thanks D9420 :passingjoint:

bong dog

bong dog

outcrossing is noramlly when u use a compeltely different strain that is not related to the original strain you use .

sought of like in dogs when you cross an AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER with a dog that has no buldog blood in it at all .

to make it clear something like a pit x miniature pinscher

or a pure oxacan sativa crossed to afghani / any pure indica = an outcross

hope i said it right lol.

K

koopa troopa

a backcross potentially limits phenotypes am i right? i heard you can only get so close to the original mother before it's worthless to keep going further when you're only dealing with fractions of a percent.

try doing a reciprocal cross if you have time. switch the males and females and switch the backcross parent and see what you get. then at least you can figure out some of the traits you were looking for.

Top Bottom