Outdoor Bubba In Socal -The bottom half of my plant is way further along than the top half. Does anyone have info on how to proceed? Week 7

• Thread starter DoctorK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DoctorK

This is my Bubba Kush in organic soil in socal. According to pictures in my phone, she is in week 7 of flower. Ive never had a plant that matured at the bottom first. If you have any info on how to finish this please feel free to chime in. One love!

Outdoor bubba in socal  the bottom half of my plant is way further along than the top half doe
Outdoor bubba in socal  the bottom half of my plant is way further along than the top half do
Outdoor bubba in socal  the bottom half of my plant is way further along than the top half do
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

I would say it's a combination of the wall it's up against and the plant itself, probably started getting shorter day cycles than the top part of the plant, and started flowering a little sooner due to increased shade in those areas of the plant.

I've seen this before, it's no big deal. You can either wait until those top parts are finished out and harvest the whole plant or if you feel it's necessary you can chop those lower branches first and finish the rest.

D

DoctorK

Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

I would say it's a combination of the wall it's up against and the plant itself, probably started getting shorter day cycles than the top part of the plant, and started flowering a little sooner due to increased shade in those areas of the plant.

I've seen this before, it's no big deal. You can either wait until those top parts are finished out and harvest the whole plant or if you feel it's necessary you can chop those lower branches first and finish the rest.
Hey @Deadstill Thanks for sharing your experience, i really appreciate it. I want to leave it and let the bottoms get bigger, what are the negatives I should be on the lookout for?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hey @Deadstill Thanks for sharing your experience, i really appreciate it. I want to leave it and let the bottoms get bigger, what are the negatives I should be on the lookout for?
Just make sure it's not getting bud rot which probably isn't an issue where you're at but other than that I don't see any negatives to leaving it. It's probably only a difference of a week or two, anyway.

Top Bottom