Outdoor Coco Leaf Diag Needed

• Thread starter Westie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks more like calcium, check the first chart in my signature link. A handful of garden gypsum sprinkled on top of the coco will slow the progression but once CA shows up its pretty much done it's damage.

Westie

Westie

Looks more like calcium, check the first chart in my signature link. A handful of garden gypsum sprinkled on top of the coco will slow the progression but once CA shows up its pretty much done it's damage.
Thanks, will do!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
New growth...
Looks like heat has stressed the roots in that little pot and maybe damage from under watering. I would suggest putting in something to shield the roots from heat that holds extra water, like a trash can.

Westie

Westie

Looks like heat has stressed the roots in that little pot and maybe damage from under watering. I would suggest putting in something to shield the roots from heat that holds extra water, like a trash can.
I will shade the pots better, thanks. No shortage of heat stress here, with 100 degree temps and 18 percent humidity. Off the VPD charts!
Growing is enjoyable with challenges, A nice change fter 35 years of office IT work. Thanks.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks like the plant has grew out of it's goldfish bowl. Any chance you can get a bigger smartpot under it and cut the bottom? Or at least cut the bag and have it grow into some tilled earth underneath.

Edit: sorry forgot it was straight coco. Nice looking plant however.

Last edited:
Westie

Westie

Thanks, Homesteader.
Yeah, kicking myself for not continuing to use a calmag supplement. Especially after my tap water went from 180 to 40ppm. Ddd, me.

Was trying to keep it simple....too simple! Lol. Less is not always more.

Thanks to all from this rookie.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks like the plant has grew out of it's goldfish bowl. Any chance you can get a bigger smartpot under it and cut the bottom? Or at least cut the bag and have it grow into some tilled earth underneath.

Edit: sorry forgot it was straight coco. Nice looking plant however.
I agree, just cutting the bottom off of the pot and burying it a few inches will give the roots a chance to run for cooler water.

Top Bottom