Outdoor crop with limited soil possibilites.

• Thread starter Silica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Silica

I have been thinking about a grow spot in the tropics where the laws are pretty relaxed, even the cops smoke if you chare it with them or pay them a $5 BRIBE.

Anyway this spot i have spoken about on here before but im a noob to outdoor soil grows. Have done it hydro but not in soil.
Now the only soil and ferts i have easy access to in this area is cow manure.
Do you think if i collect the soild manure, compost it a little bit, maybe add some other compost from the garden in too that the weed will grow ok?

The standard of cannabis up there is so shit you do not get high. Im thinking if i grew it i would have the best around.
I have several outdoor seeds to bring such as Timewarp and Killer queen x NYCD
And have many ideas to keep the site pretty stealth and out of site.
I wont say them here as they are good ideas i dont want others knowing about.
Lets just say nobody will want to trespass into the area without a lot of pain or hassle.

But its the growing in soil and fertilizer part im curious about. Will composted cow manure be enough to produce decent buds?
It rains on this site a few times a week very lightly and is also very sunny every other day. Sunny about 12 hours a day.

Anyway any tips would be welcome.

Blaze

Blaze

Composted cow manure is a good start, but be damn sure it has been properly composted. If it is not you run the risk of having it be too hot or infecting your plants with pathogens. Manures can contain nasty bugs so it is important that the internal temps of the compost pile get high enough to kill them.

Just cow manure on it's own may not provide enough nutrients for the plant. You might need to supplement with something else, such as simply top dressing with more cow manure. Since you are in the tropics your plants are going to flower almost as soon as they are put outside so you won't have the longer, extended veg time that you get farther North or South. Because of this you probably will be able to get away with using less ferts since you will basically be just budding them and do not have to worry about pumping them up big during veg.

Due to the rain be sure to grow very mold resistant strains. You might even consider rigging up some sort of cover system with the transparent ag plastic to protect them from the rain. This will help protect the trichs and make the bud look better but won't prevent mold. Be sure to get something to deal with mold and mildew because it is very likely you will get it due to the constant high humidity of the tropics.

S

Silica

Thanks heaps. i am a little worried about continuing this hobby as my future wife is religious AND I had A FEW CALLS THIS YEAR (5 ALL UP) FROM SOME AUSTRALIAN INTERNET SERVEILANCE COMPANY who said they were onto my activities in weed. However i will not be growing canna in oztralia due to that. Just my san pedros and peruvianus cactus which are perfectly legal.
And perfect to grow in a vertical setup too.
Anyway its something im thinking about and before i do it i want to do it right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom