Outdoor Girl Needs Diagnosis!

• Thread starter Green Mainer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mainer

Green Mainer

Bud Lite lady shows slightly dropping leaves. Closer look shows hard bumps along stem of upper fan leaves?? What bug does she have? Thrips laying eggs???

Outdoor girl needs diagnosis
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Bud Lite lady shows slightly dropping leaves. Closer look shows hard bumps along stem of upper fan leaves?? What bug does she have? Thrips laying eggs???
look more like stings to me,my eyes arent great though,trips would be on the back of leaf,black specks,im curious of this one myself,we do have a wasp that stings the base of squash at soil level,inject the parasite and becomes a boer worm after it done killing your shit evolves to the wasp,year after year called the squash vine boer worm,i dig them out every chance i get,but by time i know i have them it to late

Green Mainer

Green Mainer

I can’t find pictures of anything like this. The bumps start green then move on to brown and kinda woody (like something may have emerged?) and it’s only on the upper fan leaves. I cut off ones that are showing signs hopefully I can keep it in check!

Buddo

Buddo

Hey green Mainer, the joys of outdoor!

My 2 cents - Scales, They leave sticky spots that appear brown and white as bumps near the surface and underside of leaves and stems. They feed on plant sap and leave behind a sticky secretion called “honeydew” that can lead to mold growth. An early infestation of scales can be rubbed off by scrapping the plant by hand. If the problem persists, spray the plant with insecticidal soap. Good luck.peace

Green Mainer

Green Mainer

Hey green Mainer, the joys of outdoor!

My 2 cents - Scales, They leave sticky spots that appear brown and white as bumps near the surface and underside of leaves and stems. They feed on plant sap and leave behind a sticky secretion called “honeydew” that can lead to mold growth. An early infestation of scales can be rubbed off by scrapping the plant by hand. If the problem persists, spray the plant with insecticidal soap. Good luck.peace

Green Mainer

Green Mainer

I thought that too. But these are dry bumps of leaf stem and can’t be scraped off. Almost like a hard blister. Thank you for input!!!

Buddo

Buddo

I thought that too. But these are dry bumps of leaf stem and can’t be scraped off. Almost like a hard blister. Thank you for input!!!
Mmmm that’s a tricky one. I have no bloody idea! if I had this problem I’d use neem oil mixed at a rate of 1 fluid ounce per gallon of water or insecticidal soap mixed at a rate of 2 1/2 fluid ounces per gallon of water id use it as a foliage spray 3x a week for several weeks I’d remove fan leaves that were heavily effected and topdress my plant(s) with neem cake and kelp meal. Then pray to the canna gods for a good harvest. Hope it works out bro whatever you do.

Green Mainer

Green Mainer

Mmmm that’s a tricky one. I have no bloody idea! if I had this problem I’d use neem oil mixed at a rate of 1 fluid ounce per gallon of water or insecticidal soap mixed at a rate of 2 1/2 fluid ounces per gallon of water id use it as a foliage spray 3x a week for several weeks I’d remove fan leaves that were heavily effected and topdress my plant(s) with neem cake and kelp meal. Then pray to the canna gods for a good harvest. Hope it works out bro whatever you do.

Ashephard

Ashephard

Super Skunk Automatic
Will these plants make it the buds are still small. Is this what I can expect for yeild or will the buds get bigger. Or is this why autos are called pigmys... Idk Ive seen people grow huge buds from this strain....
I feel like I messed up somewhere....

20180725 052830
20180725 052823
20180725 052932
20180725 052935
20180725 053027
20180725 053044
20180725 053153
20180725 053214
Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Look like damage from
Leaf miners to me
Could be cutworms or leafhoppers too though

I'd recommend using some Sort of insecticide

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Super Skunk Automatic
Will these plants make it the buds are still small. Is this what I can expect for yeild or will the buds get bigger. Or is this why autos are called pigmys... Idk Ive seen people grow huge buds from this strain....
You should probably start a thread for it instead of highjacking this one , what are you using for soil and nutes ? & some autos just suck man that's why I breed all my own gear

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Super Skunk Automatic
And u did mess up by guessing the plant was finished when most hairs are still white , wait till At Least 80-85% have darkened before you chop it

Ashephard

Ashephard

I
And u did mess up by guessing the plant was finished when most hairs are still white , wait till At Least 80-85% have darkened before you chop it
I dont think they are done... I expect another 2 weeks or so... I just think they are small and the leaves are yellowing more then I think is normal.

Ashephard

Ashephard

You should probably start a thread for it instead of highjacking this one , what are you using for soil and nutes ? & some autos just suck man that's why I breed all my own gear
Yeah sorry about thw post hijack wasnt getting responses

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

I

I dont think they are done... I expect another 2 weeks or so... I just think they are small and the leaves are yellowing more then I think is normal.
the leaves turning yellow is a good thing that means the plant is tapping into its left over nutrient sugar and carbohydrate reserves within the leaves and judging by the picture and the lack of a close-up I would have to personally say at least two weeks but maybe three or more those buds look tiny try using molasses to fatten them up

Green Mainer

Green Mainer

So. I whipped out the magnifying glass. On 10x inspection I can see a small puncture wound at some of the spots with a tiny bubble of orange honeydew...any other suggestions? I treat with spinosad- and will try neem oil tonight.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

So. I whipped out the magnifying glass. On 10x inspection I can see a small puncture wound at some of the spots with a tiny bubble of orange honeydew...any other suggestions? I treat with spinosad- and will try neem oil tonight.
Yeah get some azatrol & water it in once weekly for four weeks and foliar feed them with it too while you're at it

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

I'd also consider going nuclear as a last resort , are you in soil

Green Mainer

Green Mainer

I’m organic and in garden soil (not containers). I think female thrips lay eggs in this way. At least they did in the impatiens I grew (we owned a retail greenhouse).

Latest posts

Top Bottom