Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help

• Thread starter Amendola2001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Hi all 👋

I am in need of some assistance.3 out of 4 of my girls have been giving me problems for about a month.

This is my first grow and my 2nd post. Things have gone relatively well. I started late receiving my clones on the 24th of May. I potted them in 4” pots and I kept them inside during the nights for a while till it was warm enough and with supplemental lighting on days they had to be inside. Once they were hardened and grew a little I potted into 1 gal sized pot and they were left outside. Eventually they were transplanted into 15 gal fabric pots and right around just before preflower they went to their final homes in 35 gal fabric pots.
initially I was all over the place researching what to do and such so my Initial “soil mix” was not as I would have liked after dialing in the type of grower I am and what I was wanting to achieve.
I am basically a hybrid of living soil and plain Organics. If that is even a thing. I didn’t amend my soil as heavily as I should have and have been top dressing and more recently making teas. I have a journal on my phone but it even confuses me a little. I have made many rookie errors but think they are doing ok. I mainly use Gaia Green nutes but also other brands like npk,Dutch sciences, etc.
i use many amendments depending on what stage and what I think the ladies want like worm castings, compost, HP soil, promix organic soil, perlite, vermiculite, Guanos, insect frass, kelp, afalfa, oyster shell, langbenite, DE, GG power bloom, GG all purpose, myco veg, myco bloom, Bokashi, fish emulsion, humates, humid acids, folvic acids, Epson salt, molasses, clay balls, lava rock, the list goes on lol. Whether it was added to soil or top dress it’s all in there at somepoint. I also added red wigglers and predatory mites from grub grenade to make sure my soil was free of bad guys and on occasion was spraying neem oil with dr Bennett’s soap and aloe or Epsom and such for bugs or just for the ladies. Also using home made mulch for veg and bloom
I haven’t used them all at same time and try to feed less then more but it takes time to learn. Tried morbloom once but didn’t like it and think it may have hurt my plants.
last feeding was
-flower top dress #1 - 1 1/2 cup worm castings, 1 cup compost, 1 cup HP soil, 1/2 teaspoon myco bloom, 3/4 cup power bloom, 1/2 cup AP, 1/4cup Bokashi, 1/4 cup afalfa, 1/4 cup kelp heaping, 1/4 cup insect frass, 4 tablespoon oyster shell/Epsom, 1 teaspoon bloom acids, 1 teaspoon bat guano
-add light layer of worm castings/HP/compost over dressing.
After that my langbenite came in and I thought I was potassium deficient so I did a light top dressing of work castings and 5 teaspoons of langbeinite and did a tea with it and some others.

This was my first flower top dressing and I had done a pre flower one a couple weeks back and a late veg/pre flower one another week or so back at different rates.

Anyways before my last top dressing for about a month I had been having some leaf problems with 1 plants then 2 then 3. My 4th is perfect and happy. First I thought deficient and added this and that to try and help. Didn’t seem to help so after a week or so I thought it was burn so I flushed them (I know now stupid with organic) let them dryish watered and next time did a light feeding and then water and then this flower feeding. 1 seems to have stabilized at its current look and still budding. 1 leaves we’re getting better but now continuing getting worse but still growing and budding and the last of the 3 is doing well and maybe slowly getting some leaf issues but holding well so far. My 4th is great and happy as can be. I should mention I have done multiple clean ups of branch’s and leaves, super cropping, LST, hst, pinching, chrio you name it I have tried it lol. The last big one was removing all the messed up leaves and cleaning bottom before the preflower phase and getting rid of whatever my plants were angry about.
I should say I fucked up and lost track of them during a transplant when my wife helped me move them before I staked them again. I think I know who’s who but that has not helped me regarding feedings lol.
initially I was just watering with a hose and a filter to keep chlorine out no ph. My water is 7-8 ph and 120-175 ppm. I lately have been trying to keep ph of any teas and or nutes to the 6-7 range if it’s too far out of the scale. Also Wasent paying attention to Ppm of teas at first but now been diluting them to around 7-800ppm. I know with organic ph and ppm are not suppose to matter but with my try at living soil mixed with learning as I went I can’t be sure where I’m at so trying to be careful.

I have a feeling I have over fed them and or am out of balance from my rookie mistakes but am looking for some help regarding am I ha omg buying of leaves from nute burn? Or maybe excess of one locking out another ? Or am I deficient? I thought initially k, cal, mag deficient but that can look like burn or lock out from in balance or even over watered which I don’t even think I can do in fabric pots but is a possibility. They don’t droop ever expect my perfect princes before night and the rest get relaxed. They tend to change greens expect my perfect princess who is always dark green.

anyway here are some pictures of them today. Not sure what I missed for info and I know I write like I talk so please ask if anymore info is needed and thank you for any help

gave them a light folair spray of epsom to see if it’s helps although I would think I’m good in that aspect🤷🏻‍♂️
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 2
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 3
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 4
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 5
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 6
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 7
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 8
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 9
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 10
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 11
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 12
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 13
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 14
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 15
Outdoor grow 2nd week flower problems please help 16

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Here is perfect princess. She can do no wrong. Even with a main branch that snapped she is still as healthy as can be no problems.
Also yesterday was their final clean up for flower
7371BF76 62A5 47E2 9EB6 B918D7E3EE72
FD61B09B A844 4BCC A5CB 177B3CD273E1

Mr.nug

Mr.nug

Wow dude you got a lot going on and sorry I cant help with your current situation but some advice for next year you need to go back to basics iv never grew in side but I have grown outdoor for years next year dig a hole a big one fill with hp pro mix mixed with sheep shit black top soil some worm castings and get a box of medi1 for flowering the sheep shit will feed during veg and probably flowering too but get medi1 anyways and follow the charts it works hears just one of mine now
20200826 071235

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Here is perfect princess. She can do no wrong. Even with a main branch that snapped she is still as healthy as can be no problems.
Wow dude you got a lot going on and sorry I cant help with your current situation but some advice for next year you need to go back to basics iv never grew in side but I have grown outdoor for years next year dig a hole a big one fill with hp pro mix mixed with sheep shit black top soil some worm castings and get a box of medi1 for flowering the sheep shit will feed during veg and probably flowering too but get medi1 anyways and follow the charts it works hears just one of mine nowView attachment 1021734
Holy shit ! She’s huge! Mine are from clone. I had a few seeds but they were all males. Yeah it was a interesting season. Was learning all sorts of ways and took me a while to figure it all out. Be simpler next year. Sounds complicated cause I create it lol. They look great and so simple too. Thanks for the tips. I’m in Ontario so our season isn’t the longest depending on spring and fall they can be 50/50 with weather. This year has been great I just wish I had started earlier.

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Wow dude you got a lot going on and sorry I cant help with your current situation but some advice for next year you need to go back to basics iv never grew in side but I have grown outdoor for years next year dig a hole a big one fill with hp pro mix mixed with sheep shit black top soil some worm castings and get a box of medi1 for flowering the sheep shit will feed during veg and probably flowering too but get medi1 anyways and follow the charts it works hears just one of mine nowView attachment 1021734
How did you get so far into flower already in the g.t.a. ? Cause that’s where I live ? Like now I’m really impressed lmao.

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

It reminds me of a calcium/magnesium deficiency.
Yeah the ones I thought initially was potassium, magnesium, calcium cause each plant had different areas doing slightly different things or stages but generally the same . Which led me to lock out or nute burn but as I’m newbie my guess is just that a Guess. My feeding schedule was all over as I was learning and a lot lighter in the beginning but I feel I’ve put a lot of cal/mag with the amendments and other things like molasses, oyster shell flour, DE, kelp, I’ve added humates which has calcium in it, I have used Epsom salts In a spray and water here and there as well as in original mix and I’m sure Gaia green all purpose and power bloom has some as well and other amendments but some amendments like all purpose and power bloom are new as of a month Ago. I just recently got langbeinite as I didn’t have a major large source of k and mag which it had lots of, it should be available somepoint very soon to now. My water would all have some levels as well. But again I’m a newbie so I am technically making an educated guess lol. I do have a hose filter on my hose in hopes to minimize chlorine so that may take some stuff out. My ppm from house is still 120-175. Thank you for your view It will be helpful in diagnosing

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Any advise ? Had someone mention epsom salt and fish emulsion spray to help but other then that I have no idea what’s going on. 1 is getting worse. Loosing colour. My perfect princes is great but loosing her glow but still no issues. Watered today so all I can do is wait and see. Just hope after all this work they are ok.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’m an outdoor grower for past 15 years but by no means an expert. I plant in ground using fox farm ocean forest soil and their line of three nutrients (grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom) and line of bloom boosters (open sesame, beastie bloom, and cha Ching). I also occasionally ad unsulphered molasses and epsom salt to water. I use chlorinated tap water but put it in 30 gallon trash can and let it vent off chlorine for a couple days. That’s all. While your plants have good growth and density, it sounds like you’ve got waaaaay too many amendments going on this year which can drive you and your plants crazy. My only advice is to keep it simpler next year. Good luck.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Any advise ? Had someone mention epsom salt and fish emulsion spray to help but other then that I have no idea what’s going on. 1 is getting worse. Loosing colour. My perfect princes is great but loosing her glow but still no issues. Watered today so all I can do is wait and see. Just hope after all this work they are ok.
Yeah it wont hurt to try some black strap and epsom salt.
If you water often or it rains a lot I always give the advice to feed less more often. I use 1 tsp of each per gallon of water weekly.

The normal feed rates tho are 1 Tbs per gallon every two weeks.

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Thanks guys. All is appreciated. I do use blackstrap on waterings here and there as well as in my teas. Epsom as well but there was a point where I left it out for a while. I have other amendments and such that has calcium and magnesium in them but each plant seems to like more of this and that. Lol They had their very last spray today and big rain tomorrow night so I will see how they are then. They are much happier today and are looking better. I am sure as of right now they have everything they need and in case they got a very light foliar spray of some micros the last few days today being the last and final. With some advice I just did some light sprays to give them something while they work themselves out. Here’s hoping. Next water is water only again and they will be in week 3 by then. My schedule would be flower #2 feeding in week 3 or 4 so I will push to 4 so I can see how they are by next week.
they seems to be budding and growing but not sure how to compare them so time will tell

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

You need to come up with a soil recipe for your initial mix and then get a good nutrient line and stick with it or make teas if you prefer an organic approach. Like with us a well balanced diet is key and there is no way to balance it with how you currently are running. Just my .02 cents

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

You need to come up with a soil recipe for your initial mix and then get a good nutrient line and stick with it or make teas if you prefer an organic approach. Like with us a well balanced diet is key and there is no way to balance it with how you currently are running. Just my .02 cents
I agree 100%. I even mentioned that before. A big reason was it took me a month to figure out how I wanted to really grow as I goof on the fly. I got it slowed down and close to a normal schedule but like you said it’s almost impossible at this point. But they are look good today. I did a final spray after the rain storm yesterday so I did it today with a few other things like kelp along with the other mix and a couple hours later they are much happier and looking more even darker green and praying so that’s great. See how it plays out. My silica came in finally so they will get a nice fresh drink of clean water and silica next water and that should help them going into pM season and they do love silica. Lol

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

I have my list for next year for my bae mix and my veg and seedling mix and my lines I will be using is Gaia green and npk mainly but a few other things I can’t get through them for top dressings and teas only handful of Times throughout grow. Already planning out the rough times. Next season will be epic lol

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

They are coming along. I think this is MAC. Already so shiny and colourful some of her pistols have a slight purplish hue, mac is suppose to be a beautiful colourful plant.
3056D546 4939 40D2 BC78 0E137EFC2B40

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

I started growing again after a long hiatus and have been experimenting a few things lol. I’m just using cheap soil and amending with perlite to keep from compacting and microrizha. All the nutes are coming from Max Sea grow with cal and mag added and some other trace elements. Maxsea bloom with Mendocino Honey and finish off with Mendocino Avalanche and powder koolbloom. Always some silica here and there.

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

How has this grow gone for ya ? Where you located ? I know some of that stuff but not familiar with all of It.
that is the great part about the diversity in growing techniques but with the same basic ground rules depending on your style. This site has been great to lurk for a while but it was time to join and add and discuss and learn more.

man Mac is really going to be pretty
56198276 DCD3 45F7 BA90 099F26041DA9

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

So far so good outside of some mistakes that were my fault.

Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Well 2 of my girls are very unhappy and going downhill quickly. You name it. Yellowing, rust edges, tips, spots, lightening in colour and just not as perky over all. I didn’t touch them for that short time then gave light top dress. Let that sit for a bit then water and then after I did their flower top dress and watered in. Didn’t go crazy with top dress I don’t think anyway and 1 of course is great and 1 is good just from previous issue some of her leaves are still funny but growing strong and biggest buds so far. The other 2 are not happy at all. Any thoughts with the pics ?? There are and were some real bad yellow and brown ones but I forgot to take a pic. I’ll go out and get some. I know they are there.
Any help or experience greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Top dress for 35 gal fabric

1 cup Hp soil/compost/worm castings/power bloom, 1/2 cup langbeinite, 1/4 cup happy frog bat/seabird guano/microbes, 1/4 cup kelp/oyster shell, 1 tablespoon insect frass/alfalfa, 1/4 cup, bokashi pro-gro, 1 teaspoon myco bloom. 1/8th teaspoon silica/aloe in water that was used to water. I then covered that in worm castings after mixing it in.

I thought that was a balanced top dress and kept it all within the 1 tbl per gallon that is the minimum for most of them so I don’t see why it would be a problem. But who am I to say lol.

#firstgrowproblems lol

69631A9D 30E8 45E3 A89F 0DEF9D3EEC70
B8CF1F73 EB45 4563 8C30 FB17957D8357
04C872AC 773E 40CC 9134 AF720A8E37CC
3F0AC808 A287 4AC0 8679 DAAD37C394BC
B56D73C5 658F 45FB 86C5 47077DEB3595
7DD26018 E2F9 4B25 941B 0B4DA1F17CBA
B87F5B7F DEF6 4881 9B83 5ECCC51EC1ED
D1B008E9 187A 4AA9 8F33 05175075A594
01A07600 0823 44F8 92EF E382528032FC
E6C05A73 295E 461F A69D 07F95F9FDD43
638C9E21 C423 40D6 9BBA 64856380788D
7166A435 5FE5 4FE7 8CEF 6EB1284CE937
00C6269A 3DD8 43DC BCA2 F5B1C6742D80
Amendola2001

Amendola2001

Here are some more pictures.
I said screw it as I have to learn and gave the worst 1 plant 2 gals of water mixed with fish emulsion and morbloom. I only used morbloom once and stopped as I thought maybe it hurt my plants and realized it’s organic either, but these are the only liquid frets I have for quick intake and want to see what happens. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Did 1 gal water before and 1/2 gal after and mixed 1 tbl each per gallon for the 2 gal nute mix. Figure if plant looks greener I know I need to feed them more and of it gets much worse then I need to stop feeding all together. Might have been dumb rookie hour but one can only learn turkey from experience .... right.. at least. Ffs. Only had 1 feeding left at 5 weeks and was going to do a p and k top dress with Dutch sciences humates bloom to water it in. Anyways let me know if you can add any help.

AF06C25A 306B 41F4 9B99 9393C6584F53
2AE45903 D4C6 4E8B AB24 9E99EE3A8BA2
36F7F213 D080 45AA 8FEF 8E696FE4CA19
BCC115E1 C8AD 47DF A3D3 8168C00B4F55
2931AF79 6839 42D4 8AB5 E978FC69B1B2

Latest posts

Top Bottom