Outdoor grow, big Amnesia Haze kolas, big storm coming. Opinion?

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radrichie61

radrichie61

Good morning, so here it is at the end of my grow with about three weeks left to go on my amnesia haze plants. I’ve got pretty big kolas right now, and now there’s a storm coming with lots of rain and lots of wind . Once again I gotta consider whether to risk it or harvest. Don’t want a whole lot a big wet kolas and then I gotta worry about molding out.

And here is my question once again, my Trichomes are not Amber yet my pistils could go a lot further. I think it’s about three weeks left maybe two weeks. What would you guys and gals do, chop early or risk soaked kolas. Most of you would not be growing the way I am but in NC I am left with few options if I have circumstances that no indoors.

Here are my plants. Oh, that roof is already shredded by wind from another storm and gone. Using a big patio umbrella now at night to keep dew off. Working great. Remove it every morning. and oh one last thing, I already know my leaves and said oh yeah and look like Al. Not affecting buds though, whew
Outdoor grow big amnesia haze kolas big storm coming opinion
Outdoor grow big amnesia haze kolas big storm coming opinion 2
Outdoor grow big amnesia haze kolas big storm coming opinion 3
Outdoor grow big amnesia haze kolas big storm coming opinion 4
Outdoor grow big amnesia haze kolas big storm coming opinion 5

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Good morning, so here it is at the end of my grow with about three weeks left to go on my amnesia haze plants. I’ve got pretty big kolas right now, and now there’s a storm coming with lots of rain and lots of wind . Once again I gotta consider whether to risk it or harvest. Don’t want a whole lot a big wet kolas and then I gotta worry about molding out.

And here is my question once again, my Trichomes are not Amber yet my pistils could go a lot further. I think it’s about three weeks left maybe two weeks. What would you guys and gals do, chop early or risk soaked kolas. Most of you would not be growing the way I am but in NC I am left with few options if I have circumstances that no indoors.

Here are my plants. Oh, that roof is already shredded by wind from another storm and gone. Using a big patio umbrella now at night to keep dew off. Working great. Remove it every morning. and oh one last thing, I already know my leaves and said oh yeah and look like Al. Not affecting buds though, whew View attachment 2044037View attachment 2044038View attachment 2044039View attachment 2044040View attachment 2044041
well tough call, if winds comming are pretty strong i think that greenhouse film will tear apart and fly away, and plants will get damage for sure.. how strong its that storm predicted to be?
plants are in pots? any chance to get them indoors for the storm duration?

Jimmie

Jimmie

We got the same nor’easter coming this weekend. I’m a little past you in maturity, I’m leaving mine till they are ready. My outdoor plants get wind, rain, bugs and birds, they are all in great shape.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Consider using a leaf blower to dry off the plants after a storm.
Been growing plants subject to wind and rain storms for a while. I let them grow and blow them off with leaf blower.. If the wind snaps the cages and breaks the plant I can still salvage the buds. Pulling early is just such a shame.

radrichie61

radrichie61

well tough call, if winds comming are pretty strong i think that greenhouse film will tear apart and fly away, and plants will get damage for sure.. how strong its that storm predicted to be?
plants are in pots? any chance to get them indoors for the storm duration?
It’s already gone. Lost it in last storm. Using a large patio umbrella tied down during rain. Only rained 2x but worked great. I live in coastal NC near Cape Hatteras. Got to be prepared. Just praying now.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Consider using a leaf blower to dry off the plants after a storm.
Been growing plants subject to wind and rain storms for a while. I let them grow and blow them off with leaf blower.. If the wind snaps the cages and breaks the plant I can still salvage the buds. Pulling early is just such a shame.
Thank you!

radrichie61

radrichie61

It’s already gone. Lost it in last storm. Using a large patio umbrella tied down during rain. Only rained 2x but worked great. I live in coastal NC near Cape Hatteras. Got to be prepared. Just praying now.
Oh, thank you.

Top Bottom