Outdoor Grow HELP!

• Thread starter IThinkImMe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IThinkImMe

I started 5 plants from seeds back on May 1st in hydro. Unknown strains. They are all currently outdoors in 10gal pots, layer of rocks on the bottom for drainage and with Fox Farms Ocean Harvest organic soil. I'm also using General Hydroponics micro, bloom and grow nutes 2-3 times a week and water twice daily, morning and after sundown until water comes out of the bottom. The temps have been over 95 for the past week and there is no end in sight. Today will be a high of 106. I have no way of moving them indoors.

All 5 have started flowering with one seeming to be a week ahead of the rest. I have curling leaves on all of them. The best I could do would be moving them to the side of the house where they'd only get 1-2 hours of direct sunlight per day. Any advice is welcome.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

hard to give advice with no pic's or info,outdoors feeding twice a day rings a bell for sure cant say no info

I

IThinkImMe

Not sure what you mean by no info, but here are some pics.

20190815 102620
20190815 102633
20190815 102645
20190815 102554
20190815 102607
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Not sure what you mean by no info, but here are some pics.
so sativa dominant ,sitting beside a fence with probally no air circulation ,it summer and getting to 106 sounds like my neck of woods,plants will slow to a crawl in heat over 90 degrees,curling leaves are from that,ocean forest soil feeding twice a day in pots not good,stick that finger in the pot not the edge ,in the pots sun and heat will pull away from the pot,this is why you think the need feed ,wrong,get that finger or a soil moisture probe in were the action is,feel down in the soil about 2 to 3 inchs dig, more likely you water to run off and it runs right out pot instead of root ball,roots on sides of container are gonna be brown cause there burned from heat,root ball more than likely dry,if it sounds im being a smart ass ,well i am,you post for help then give nothing for info wtf,you go to parts house to buy part and just say i need this part and hand them a broken crankshaft in pieces and expect help,then get pissed when they say what is that,idunno right,anyway just my fucking opinion

I

IThinkImMe

I water twice a day, not feed. And when I stick my finger in the soil after sundown it is bone dry. In the morning it is slightly damp to dry which is the only reason I'm watering twice daily. I tried watering once a day for a week and got the symptoms you described, water drained right off. I had to soak the pots for 30 minutes to get the soil loose again. I appreciate the help, but what info do you need?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I water twice a day, not feed. And when I stick my finger in the soil after sundown it is bone dry. In the morning it is slightly damp to dry which is the only reason I'm watering twice daily. I tried watering once a day for a week and got the symptoms you described, water drained right off. I had to soak the pots for 30 minutes to get the soil loose again. I appreciate the help, but what info do you need?
i suggest this,from the picture,the yellowing leaves are from the heat same with twist,if you cant move them,imprvice,against that fence,lack of wind im saying this because with 106 there is no wind,there close to house it looks,get a box fan and point at them during the day,some sort of shade cloth tacked to the fence to take on and off,from 2 to 4 in afternoon shade them,with the feeding try to water pot to runoff walk away come back in a hour and all that was on sides of pots that i described above will be wet and water them again try putting the hose right next to stalk and let the water hose sit there with just a trickle beside the stalk and walk away come back in 30 min and your plant will be hydrated,look in containers every thing just runs threw,as ground it will fill the hole you dug from loose dirt if you dig,that hole will fill quick then the water will absorb into the compacted dirt around it,running a slow water source to the plant will hydrate all the hole and surrounds instead of flooding,watering your plants twice a day will hurt you in long run from washing any microbes and npk values you have in it out,this is the reason you cant flush soil just makes mud,now thats explained i think you might get what i mean,water them with a slow trickle and id almost bet your problem will be gone,those yellow leaves cut them off give the plant more room for air flow if you dig they wont turn green again cut um off,give them a little wind a box fan will do the job just buy having some sort of wind instead of none,you dont have to put it right beside or in front of them ,buy the house is good enough,put the fan by house and walk to the middle of your grow,wait to see if you feel wind,if you do done deal,as far a feed,you more likely have washed all your nutes out,give them water water nutes,start with a nute feed first,this is the ticket what done is done any thing you try to throw at them now will pretty much make things worse,so feed them water slow,when you know they got a good drink give them a shot of nutes,then next time you water water then do the same slow trickle and when they are soaked give the shot of nutes just make about a gallon and pour it in the root zone,the twist is a couple things,to much nutes i dont see that from pic's clawing is to much nitrogen,i dont see that,heat cause all the above ,i def see that,i live were summer is 6 months long and spring is 6 months long so i know the signs,so like i said these are just my observations and fixs and cures,slow trickle beside the stalk will stop all that watering every day,next season that spot you have them at,work some soil and amend it for a ground grow if you need help holler ,be glad to help,for now try the slow trickle or water then walk off and come back later and water,the slow trickle will be best option,if you ever dug fence post and need it to dry to pole after setting this is were this method comes from,it works,give a try,hope this helps sorry for losing temp but i see this more than you think,i apoligize

Latest posts

Top Bottom