Outdoor grow northern New Mexico

• Thread starter KryptiikKidd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KryptiikKidd

Looking for help from growers who know growing outdoors in the desert with almost no humidity.. and worse if you build a greenhouse to try and trap some humidity it gets 112 degrees in early spring inside the greenhouse and the plants start to wilt and burn... what do I do??? All organic grow in subcools super soil... what do you who have felt with this do to remedy this???

Outdoor grow northern new mexico
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 2
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 3
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 4
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 5
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 6
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 7
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 8
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 9
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 10
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 11
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 12
Outdoor grow northern new mexico 13
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I grow in high heat, low humidity! Just outside of red Bluff, California! Bone dry from middle of June till October! Record high of 121°! I use 35 and 40 gallon light colored cloth pots with OF soil re-amended from year to year and a fair amount of perlite! I put them in direct sun! As long as you can, keep the route zone cool through evaporation, they will grow OK! Humidity is usually single digit or in the teens during the day. Seldom over 40 or 50% at night. As far as I’m concerned, the lower the humidity, the better.! In my book humidity just brings problems! I just keep the route zone cool and keep them drinking! But no to environments are the same!

K

KryptiikKidd

I grow in high heat, low humidity! Just outside of red Bluff, California! Bone dry from middle of June till October! Record high of 121°! I use 35 and 40 gallon light colored cloth pots with OF soil re-amended from year to year and a fair amount of perlite! I put them in direct sun! As long as you can, keep the route zone cool through evaporation, they will grow OK! Humidity is usually single digit or in the teens during the day. Seldom over 40 or 50% at night. As far as I’m concerned, the lower the humidity, the better.! In my book humidity just brings problems! I just keep the route zone cool and keep them drinking! But no to environments are the same!
Thank you for sharing your experience with me... how do you keep your root zone cool in those crazy temps?? As far as everything else identical like now for instance it's 11% humidity not quite as hot here though... what are you using for pest prevention and for actual pests issues?

IMG 9630
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Larger pots! Plenty of water! I can go out during the hottest part of the day on a 105° day and dig my hands down about four or 5 inches and it’s cool as a cucumber! It’s all about evaporation! That’s where the dry comes in! if you let the pot get too dry, then things start getting hot, and the plants aren’t shy about letting you know! This is just my theory, but I think the low humidity helps with the transpiration also! 90° and 80% humidity is murder on them! 105 or 110 with 10% humidity they seem to be able to live with if you take care of the roots! I am lucky enough to be able to grow where there is no ambient lighting! So caterpillar problems are minimal! I try and use just water to control pests! They get a regular hosing down almost every day and love it! It took a few years, but learned how to adapt to growing in this area! It’s mostly common sense! Where you are at is probably a good place to grow! But all kinds of little things can dog you! Too much ambient light, the monsoonal moisture that sets off bug, hatches and triggers, mildew, and mold! Like I said, every environment is different! There’s a guy on here, who grew on his rooftop in Albuquerque last year, and did OK for his first go! I think he’s electro guy! I ramble too much! Post your progress! If you take care of the bottom, half the top half will take care of itself!

K

KryptiikKidd

Well I'm glad you shared all this valuable info with me and took the time to ramble lol. I'm am just stressing because most of them are looking a bit droopy. I have humidifier going I moved them outside about 4 or 5 days ago so maybe just shock from final transplant and move to natural sunlight... fingers crossed they bounce back.. i will be sure to post progress. Thanks again for your time.

Top Bottom