outdoor grow up in the mountains

• Thread starter wiggles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

what plant do you find works best outside?

• indica dominant

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • sativa dominant

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • both

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • depends on strain

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
wiggles

wiggles

this is my garden at the moment. im growing bluebery, AMS, dutch voodoo and skunk no1. its mid august and im going to start feeding flowering nutrients soon. i live in the uk and because of this i have to pic what im growing fairly carefulyu or it ends up molding and just generaly crapy. AMS is my chosen strain and i curently have two of them. i have a fem blueberry that smells insane and about 5 dutch voodoos. i also have some test skunk no1 plants that im kinda scroging nd experimenting with but they seem to be growing well from the ash and nutrition i give them. enjoy :icon_animal26:

Kirsty flower 039
Kirsty flower 038
Kirsty flower 037
Kirsty flower 036
Kirsty flower 035
Kirsty flower 034
Kirsty flower 033
Kirsty flower 032
Kirsty flower 031
Kirsty flower 030
Kirsty flower 029
Kirsty flower 028
Kirsty flower 027
Kirsty flower 026
Kirsty flower 025
Kirsty flower 024
Kirsty flower 023
Kirsty flower 022
Kirsty flower 021
Kirsty flower 020
Kirsty flower 019
Kirsty flower 018
Kirsty flower 017
Kirsty flower 016
Kirsty flower 015
Kirsty flower 014
Kirsty flower 013
Kirsty flower 012
Kirsty flower 011
Kirsty flower 009
Kirsty flower 008
Kirsty flower 007
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Healthy Plants

Looks great, I usually try to cover the perlite so it isn't so noticeable from the air. A light layer of peat moss would help hide and keep in some moisture in your garden, and its cheap. Hope you get a bunch of awesome weed, love the tire

mal

wiggles

wiggles

cheers mal, i know ive sorted the perlite now it just cept rising to the surface when i waterd them but now its all soil. these pics wer taken about a week ago and just got back from watering today, looking alot bigger and the AMS in the tire is lookin and smellin amazing, if you check out my grow last year i had AMS in the exact same hole, only difrence was last year i toped it and it buded with total of 21 branches. the one in the tire has 32 branches now, plus the top bud i get to harvest :)

wiggles

wiggles

here are my plants yesterday, the AMS has stoped puting out shoots and is now starting to develop the top bud above the 36 branches it alread has. everything else is looking nice and ive repoted for the last time so its all watering and watching for the next 8 weeks

Kirsty flower 053
Kirsty flower 052
Kirsty flower 051
Kirsty flower 050
Kirsty flower 048
Kirsty flower 047
Kirsty flower 046
Kirsty flower 045
Kirsty flower 044
Kirsty flower 043
Kirsty flower 042
Kirsty flower 041
Kirsty flower 040
wiggles

wiggles

31/8/11

here are my plants today before watering, everything is bushing out nicely and its smellin goood. any ideas on geting more light on the hiden branches and prooning them would be great

Kirsty flower 002
Kirsty flower 001
Kirsty flower 003
Kirsty flower 004
Kirsty flower 005
Kirsty flower 006
Kirsty flower 007
Kirsty flower 011
Kirsty flower 015
Kirsty flower 016
Kirsty flower 017
Kirsty flower 018
Kirsty flower 019
Kirsty flower 020
Kirsty flower 021
Kirsty flower 023
Kirsty flower 024
Kirsty flower 025
Kirsty flower 026
Kirsty flower 027
Kirsty flower 028
Kirsty flower 029
wiggles

wiggles

im curently useing a mix of tomato feed and bio bloom on some of my plants as they are flowering but still growing very fast, they are clones so im not used to growing them and would like any advise on the charicteristics they usualy have, finishing times, preferd nutrients etc

Dunge

Dunge

Seamaiden calls it, "shaving their legs".
Cutting away all the small (lower) shoots that will never produce buds large enough to want to bother harvesting.
You have such a long way to go, and your climate is likely to be sub-optimal for the avoidance of mold, that I would consider asking for input on mold suppression.
I have used a product called "Serenade". It is a foliar spray that populates the leaf with mold suppressing bacteria.
Then there is the old sulfur burner. Throw a tent over the girls and gas them with some boiled sulfur. It is said to alter the pH of the leaf surface providing some mold protection.
These are things I have done inside or in a greenhouse, so perhaps they could help outside.
My season was cut short by cold and wet and mold this year.
Got a kilo of smokable buds, but they could have produced so much more.
I suspect that if I had not cut them, the mold would have taken the entire crop.
Good luck with the end game.

T

theTinker

Hello Op,

Would you please tell me how you are watering your plants?

I have some similar up in the mountains but i am finding it hard to water as i cant bring much water to them, and yet i dont want to make the concentration too strong to burn them so i've been avoiding using strong dilutions.

Thanks

wiggles

wiggles

thankx mate

Seamaiden calls it, "shaving their legs".
Cutting away all the small (lower) shoots that will never produce buds large enough to want to bother harvesting.
You have such a long way to go, and your climate is likely to be sub-optimal for the avoidance of mold, that I would consider asking for input on mold suppression.
I have used a product called "Serenade". It is a foliar spray that populates the leaf with mold suppressing bacteria.
Then there is the old sulfur burner. Throw a tent over the girls and gas them with some boiled sulfur. It is said to alter the pH of the leaf surface providing some mold protection.
These are things I have done inside or in a greenhouse, so perhaps they could help outside.
My season was cut short by cold and wet and mold this year.
Got a kilo of smokable buds, but they could have produced so much more.
I suspect that if I had not cut them, the mold would have taken the entire crop.
Good luck with the end game.

this is all very helpful and the spray on substance you are talking about sounds very promosing. last year i lost a crop of clones thatr we all in the same area in one big tunle of cageing, they all got mold due to the incorect selection of strain and it spred like wild fire. however the AMS that i have in the tire was also gorwn in the same time that i lost the clones, it was actualy growing next to them, and it suferd mold on only one out of 26 branches and i cut it of and it was fine. this year i have AMS and blueberry. i dont realy know if the blueberry is a good outdoor grower and mold resistant strain as i hear its hard to clone. i also have dutch voodoo pasion, witch is aperntly a very good hardy strain. many thanks for the helpful reply il be useing the mold resistant spary if i can get my hands on it. what strains have you found to be best so far?

wiggles

wiggles

Hello Op,

Would you please tell me how you are watering your plants?

I have some similar up in the mountains but i am finding it hard to water as i cant bring much water to them, and yet i dont want to make the concentration too strong to burn them so i've been avoiding using strong dilutions.

Thanks

well what i do is just to go up at late february and just dig huge holes and fill them with perlite and grit and bat gwano and then plant um. so by doing that ive realy halved my watering seing as how these plants are literaly weeds anyway its not a hard life siting in a hole with that kind of mixture of nutrition and easy to push through soil. then i water in bat gwano about 5 times spaced out over a 4 month period and i walk up every other day or every three days, not to consistently and not when it rains, realy when its sunny i go up every other day is what i meen. i take up ten liters in a back pack and a side bag, i dont mesure anything i know the amount i need and im not fussy to get it spot on. im useing bio bloom and tomato right so these arent realy going to burn the roots atall. i usualy mesure by filling up a five liter bottle and leaving about 2 inches under where the scree fixture is. i dont realy worry about under watering with this way of doing it, and i know that because im not fafing about with hydroponics i wont need to worry about what levels of nutrition im puting in because the soil holds nutrition and the roots take it when they need it. so honestly man jhus go up when you can and dont worry to much. also you could try goin up and takein 3 2 liter botles, useing two and leaving one there. do that ervery time and then when its all half done you dont have any work to do

wiggles

wiggles

crimea blue

this is the strain im aparently growing. i found the seed packet under my bed and realised what it was from. so my blueberry isnt just BB, its Ukraine crossed with Blueberry. its ment to be a realy good outdoor producer like the other two strains ive got but if anyone disagrees or has any helpful advise on the strain id be realy greatful to know weather its an outdoor sucses or a molding pile of crap?

Cremea blue
Crimea blue
Cremeaq blue
Y

Ya...The Pizza

Just got some of barney's Crimea, it is pretty good meds. very indica body stone and very good night-time bud. I bet you will enjoy them flowers a lot!

wiggles

wiggles

ha cheers man good to know its a good smoker. just realy want to know if the genetics are what they say on the packet, its alot of misplaced water and love if it ends up molding back into the ground :(. if i do get some nice flowers of it il post some pics of it. is it a purple strain?

wiggles

wiggles

3/9/11

another post on the garden, realy smelling more each time and its growing realy good now. il have a realy good quality camera for the last month and a half of the grow so keep watchin and il have the entire flowerin stage and some realy nice budshots for you

AMS pictures

Kirsty flower 022
Kirsty flower 021
Kirsty flower 016
Kirsty flower 015
Kirsty flower 014
Kirsty flower 013
Kirsty flower 007
T

theTinker

Looking good my man. Very nice setup up there. Im hoping my run this year teaches me everything i need for next year. Might try some Autos as its a very damp humid country im in and it'd be nice to get a lil early + many harvests. Maybe try get some autos to seed over the winter and have plenty of seeds to plant early summer.

Top Bottom