Outdoor Growers In Oregon?

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
saltwater

saltwater

Hello all,

I was thinking about putting a few plants outside for the spring/ summer. I only want them to get 3ft or so max. Cause I don't want them to grow higher than my balcony .

I was thinking about putting either a Chem dawg clone out or a gorilla glue #4 clone out to test and see how well it goes. Or maybe I can get some seed. Not sure what the best option is. I just started researching outdoor growing.

I live in Portland Oregon. When would be the best time to put my plants outside if I only want them about 3-3.5 ft or so?

Underthesun

Underthesun

I'd say your best bet is to plant a clone from a mature plant in late June or early July, either a clone from your plant from seed that you start soon, or clones you can get ahold of then. If you grow from seed your plant will need to be about 1.5 to 2 months old before it starts to flower and then your plant will pretty big or root bound in a small balcony pot. At least I think this would be the easiest way to have a healthy small outdoor balcony plant that produces quality smoke, assuming you have full sun all day. I'm from CO.

You may even want to wait until mid or late July to plant a clone.

saltwater

saltwater

I'd say your best bet is to plant a clone from a mature plant in late June or early July, either a clone from your plant from seed that you start soon, or clones you can get ahold of then. If you grow from seed your plant will need to be about 1.5 to 2 months old before it starts to flower and then your plant will pretty big or root bound in a small balcony pot. At least I think this would be the easiest way to have a healthy small outdoor balcony plant that produces quality smoke, assuming you have full sun all day. I'm from CO.

You may even want to wait until mid or late July to plant a clone.

Thank you for your knowledge and tips! Looks like I'll be using a clone.

Underthesun

Underthesun

If it gets too big you can bend it down, or you might want to start tying it down early on. Many methods to do that, and you could probably grow a bigger plant. But multiple plants on one balcony could get really crowded quick, so keeping them small is probably best. Pot size will definitely play a roll in plant size but you still don't want to stress it out with too small of pot, imo. Depends on growing method. You could consider doing light dep if you stick around your home every morning and evening. The less light it gets, the more it will stretch looking for light. You may consider a way to cover and heat it for fall flower.

H

honda power 420

You could try a few auto flowering seeds. You could do a couple different harvests through out the summer

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Just gotta watch with outdoor in Portland, the rain tends to start up right when they're ripening in October.

The Shivers

The Shivers

You could try a few auto flowering seeds. You could do a couple different harvests through out the summer

I grow autos in PDX for a while now. I can get two runs in if I start the first one in May. I keep the number of plants low for various reasons, usually six or less.

I do everything possible to finish in early October. When I've gone longer, everything turns into a moldy mess.

Top Bottom