heat reduction????

• best way

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • underground intake/exhaust

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Underthesun

Underthesun

I used the clear panels before and also solexx, solexx sure does keep the heat down way more than those clear panels. This year I'm going to prepare for the anticipated record breaking heat by relocating my intake fan to the north facing side of the greenhouse. Also, you're in the desert where its very dry. You could try to use evaporation to your advantage, swamp cooler style with wet towels in front of the fans. Anyone ever do that in the desert? I could cool a room down like that when I lived in western CO, doesn't work in humid climates,

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I used the clear panels before and also solexx, solexx sure does keep the heat down way more than those clear panels. This year I'm going to prepare for the anticipated record breaking heat by relocating my intake fan to the north facing side of the greenhouse. Also, you're in the desert where its very dry. You could try to use evaporation to your advantage, swamp cooler style with wet towels in front of the fans. Anyone ever do that in the desert? I could cool a room down like that when I lived in western CO, doesn't work in humid climates,
Swamp coolers work great and they are cheap to buy and work on

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can say that again! My folks have a place cooled with a swamp cooler and they often get it too cold inside.
Those clear panels can be like a magnifying glass,maybe try something diffuse like solexx,have a buddy who kills it in the mojave high des with a solexx covered greenhouse.
http://www.solexx.com/
It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to learn about high desert cultivation.

Smerb

Smerb

I've never had any problems, the moisture towel thing is just another thing to worry about. Put pipe 3-4 feet snaked in ground, than bring that earth cooled down air in the greenhouse. Magnification is a supposed myth. The sun's most hottest time is in the middle of the day, so I just open the top. Easy and simple makes your brain not fart.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to learn about high desert cultivation.[/QUOTE]
Making a move or due to drought sea?

papapayne

papapayne

Ah yea I guess I was thinking too locally lol. Subbed regardless. Love seeing how people tackle less the ideal climates.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Apple valley. We have no fuckin apples either,sucks.
I just had to talk my mother through Apple Valley. She was going back home to Landers from Fresno and we're on the phone and she's telling me she's going to go ALL the way down to San Berdoo, then back UP the 10 through YV before finally hitting the 247 home? I said, "Come on, Mom! That's crazy!" She's stubborn and insisted, then suddenly decided to stop at a gas station where she found two vatos. Who told her to go the same way I was telling her. She listens to the vatos, but not me? Carajo.

pugliese63

pugliese63

High desert is also everything above Palm Springs. Mojave, Yucca, Barstow, Ft Irwin, Lucerne, all those areas.

Had the pleasure of living in Durango, Co for a couple of years. Absolutely beautiful and well located for day trips to some of the most scenic country anywhere.
Moved back to the south and needless to say I miss it tremendously. Especially given the current political climate.
We get real high out in the high desert.

Oh yea, you can definitely get real high in the high desert. Places like Chaco Canyon come to mind.

Smerb

Smerb

I just had to talk my mother through Apple Valley. She was going back home to Landers from Fresno and we're on the phone and she's telling me she's going to go ALL the way down to San Berdoo, then back UP the 10 through YV before finally hitting the 247 home? I said, "Come on, Mom! That's crazy!" She's stubborn and insisted, then suddenly decided to stop at a gas station where she found two vatos. Who told her to go the same way I was telling her. She listens to the vatos, but not me? Carajo.
The homies know where to go. Haha. Love my homeboys, no racism here!

badger999

badger999

Kingman AZ. here, at what elevation is it considered high desert? I'm at 2800 ft, and I just set 9 0f 20, outdoors in 100 gallon smart pots. I have 7 more to fill, man these things hold a lot of soil, 13.5 cu ft. or .495 cu yards. Anyways I should have everything set by the 15th. I started from seed on 18 hours light for three weeks, went down to 16 , then down to 14, and I 'm at 13 now. Come on summer.
Life Is Good

Bakataha

Bakataha

Rock on @badger999! Life is definitely good. I've always wondered what's considered high desert as well. Have you thought of doing a grow journal? I love looking at outdoor desert grows because I live in a desert climate in LA county/ the valley.

Latest posts

Top Bottom