Outdoor Iranian Auto Flower

• Thread starter mrhomegrown22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrhomegrown22

I just purchased Iranian auto flower from the dr. and I was wonding if anyone who grew this strain knows if I can start it indoors for a month and put it outside sometime in march and bring in for the night if it gets to cold. I live in SO CAL: Im so excited I want to start now...
any info or advise will be awesome and I will take pics on progress later on..
Thanks in advance...

B

bugler

disclaimer, I've not done it

but to share my research, yes you should be able to do that. Veg under 24 hr light though to keep them from flowering inside on you, this strain is semi-automatic and will flower @ less than 24 hr light.

Also, I take breeder descriptions with a grain of salt, but note that doc lists this strain as having excellent resistance to spring frosts. I have no idea what he means by that, but I hear he is very helpful and would probably let you know if you call / email him. Point being, if there is anything to that, you may not have to bring them in at all, but I don't know socal weather in my dreams it's always sunny and rarely if ever dips below freezing. Basically its always bikini weather, just getting cold enough to poke the nips out from time to time (btw don't ruin my fantasy if I'm off!)

D

dankbank

Hey man i am also going with iranian autoflower outdoors this upcoming season. i am going to use 5 gallon buckets fopr easy transplant. so it would be nice man to keep in touch with each other about this.

edit: if anyone has advice as of what to use for soil and nutrients that wont cost me a fortune that would be great

B

Bluenoser

you can do that but grow them to the height you want them to be before putting them out because almost as soon as you do put them out they go to flower and stop growing. i put mine out at 18" tall.

Lennon16

Lennon16

Also, I take breeder descriptions with a grain of salt, but note that doc lists this strain as having excellent resistance to spring frosts. I have no idea what he means by that, but I hear he is very helpful and would probably let you know if you call / email him. Point being, if there is anything to that, you may not have to bring them in at all, but I don't know socal weather in my dreams it's always sunny and rarely if ever dips below freezing. Basically its always bikini weather, just getting cold enough to poke the nips out from time to time (btw don't ruin my fantasy if I'm off!)

here in canada if we want an early harvest we usually begin growing in the beginning or mid may depending then harvest in late to mid october. "and thats long for us, no sativa's here dude"

iranian autoflower would be harvested mid july to first week of augest!

D

danno1

|The Dr's autos

The only thing you can say about Iranian Auto is wow! they do not produce the quantities noted in the description but I have yeilded 30-50g per plant. The quality is #1.

BlackBart

BlackBart

I just harvested mine . I had to bring them indoors because of the hurricane we just had to finish them off . I averaged about 3 to 4 zips per plant . Not shabby for a 3 1/2 foot tall plant .

Picture 019
M

mickeyspliff

Hey northone, I agree, the IAF is exactly as you describe it. I find it relaxes me with a clear head (though somewhat stoned). It is potent with a long lasting effect. The flavor is really nice, with a diesel like piney hash taste. The bud has a sativa look with small calyxes and abundant small resin heads. A great plant, can't wait to see how hybrids with her turn out. Might need to do a back cross to the IAF to bring out the quick flowering, judging from the hybrids I have read about so far.

M

mickeyspliff

I will add that out of the original pack, there was one plant that flowered faster than the rest, it was a little darker green with wider leaves. It was also the hardest to reveg, though it eventually did under sun and lights at night. This is the plant that was reversed to makes some early hybrids.

Bag appeal of second crop was pretty nice, as the plants got less nitrogen than the first, and has a nice golden color. The calyx to leaf ratio was better as well. You gotta keep in mind how fast they go in to flower once they get outside. They really only need a flower fertilizer within a week or two of being outside.

B

Bluenoser

100% agree with Northone and Mickeyspliff the Iranian is as poptent as any long season plant

Top Bottom