Outdoor journal "Reeferman's Ultimate Outdoor"

• Thread starter dr_hicks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dr_hicks

This started as an inquiry into seeds, but I figured that since I'm here, I'll write a journal following a few plants this summer. I started the seeds over 2 weeks ago, the strain is "Reeferman's ultimate outdoor" I'm gonna cheat and copy and paste an old post, then I will update every Monday.

K

krustycrunch

sounds like a plan! ill be here to cheer you on, reefermans always bred some of my favorite genetics.

D

dr_hicks

This is my post that I copied and pasted from an existing thread of mine.

Originally Posted by dr_hicks View Post

I watered on Friday and transplanted (into 1g grow bag's cut in half) on Saturday as well as placed them under a 250w MH, more on that in a bit. One was really lagging so I put it outside in one of my girlfriends flower pots... I'll keep you posted...

It's Monday, two weeks from the start of germination. The plants are yellowing slightly, and really reaching for that light, so I've decided to give them their first real taste of food. I'm using Technaflora nutrients for the first time so I'm mixing at half strength.

- 2L distilled water
- 1/2tsp BC Boost
- 1/4tsp BC Grow
- 1/2tsp Technaflora Route 66
- 1/2tbs Sea Boost (a local liquid seaweed)
- 3-4 drops (approx.) Superthrive

Heat is really a problem today, it was 30c outside and about 32c in my closet, very very hot for May. I turned the lights off for a few hours, hopefully it wasn't too much for them. Hopefully they'll be outdoors in a few weeks anyways.
I want to note that the ballast is a switchable digital Lumatek 400w MH/HPS, but I'm only running it at 250w on account of the heat, and I think the plants are a bit tender yet. More next Monday...
100_07021.jpg
100_0693.jpg
100_0694.jpg
100_0700.jpg
100_0699.jpg

D

dr_hicks

1st week of veg.

Well first week of veg is complete, there are slight signs of heat stress from last week when the outside temp climbed to over 30c, which is crazy for May, but they don't appear to have been affected that much.

This week the temp was more consistent, and the future forecast looks good. New shoots are forming as are the third set of true leaves, growth is starting to take off. Hopefully the heat won't stress or cause them to stretch that much... Does anyone have experience with heat creeping into the low 30's??? Like I said hopefully they'll be outdoors in about 3 more weeks.

I'm finding that I already have to water every two days, so they just received food, and I will be following the rule of thirds...feed, water, water.

100_07071.jpg
100_0705.jpg
100_07031.jpg
100_0717.jpg
100_07111.jpg
100_0721.jpg

southstreets

southstreets

the lil babies look nice and healthy.. good job bro!!

D

dr_hicks

Veg week 2

THC Farmer seems to be really slow today, hopefully this works... Growth has exploded in the last week, I fed the aforementioned 900ppm solution on Saturday and watered again today with plain water and 1 drop of Superthrive per 1L of water Ph adjusted to 6.5.

Right now there taking about 500ml of water every 2 days, they are pretty light weight by then, it's been warm as well. It's seem there gonna need an increase in food though, as there is a bit of yellowing in the leaves, I'm gonna experiment a bit this week, I will also be adding Technaflora, Magical, into the mix, I also picked up some Technaflora, Awesome Blossoms for flowering but I'm unsure as to weather I will be continuing to add the kelp solution... at least until flowering.

100_07281.jpg

100_0732.jpg

100_0731_00.jpg

100_0730.jpg

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice Plants

Your babies look nice and healthy, good luck

mal

D

dr_hicks

Veg week 3

Not much to report, the growth is explosive and last feeding I added Magical and increased the ppm to 1050 with a pH of around 6.7.
There are days I don't even need to check on them (as long as it's not to warm outside) Still following the feed, water, water cycle, and there taking about half a gallon every two days.
My circumstances have changed, and thankfully a very very good friend will let me throw a few of the babies on his property, for the rest I think I'll try to finish them in my closet, since it's already been working so well, I'll just run my lights at night when it's as much as 15c cooler... Wish me luck...

100_0733.jpg
100_0734.jpg

southstreets

southstreets

nice lookin plants bro!! when you plannin on movin them outside???

D

dr_hicks

Hopefully this weekend coming, temperatures are starting to stay steady at about 10-15c through the nights with daytime temps around 18-25c. We'll just have to wait and see if I'm working overtime or not... They are fast out-growing the closet, But I think I'll finish 2 or 3 indoors, just to see what happens...

D

dr_hicks

Veg week 4

Sorry for the delay this week, my computer has REALLY been acting up. All the plants were topped once last week, and they were all transplanted this past weekend. The plants were showing sign's of being root bound and they started to stretch alot, maybe the heat played some part in this as well.

The first picture is 9 plants before transplant. The 3 plants under the light, will finish under the light, I'm gonna switch them over this weekend. There are four plants in the woods...but there are no pics because I forgot my camera, and the remaining 2 are in a location closer to my place so I can give them the attention they deserve.

The one in the blue container is the only one that showed ANY pre-flowers so far, so I put it (her?) in a 10g container, all the rest are in 5g.

See you next week with hopefully better pictures.
100_0735.jpg
100_0736.jpg
100_0737.jpg

D

dr_hicks

1st Day of 12/12

So like I said, I'm gonna try and finish 3 in a closet, as long as it doesn't get too hot. Last Tuesday I bent 3 of them over and I took some before and after pics. No shot's of the outdoor plants this week... There's not much to see at the moment.

They survived the first full week, so we'll see what happens in the next while. There's been alot of rain here the last week, but the temps are remaining steady low 20's (c)

100_0738.jpg
100_0742.jpg
100_0745.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom