Outdoor leaves tacoing downwards instead of upward? Pics

• Thread starter bguwop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bguwop420

bguwop420

It's been 85 to 90 degrees all day..only have this on 3 older fan leaves the rest all seem good pointing up praying ..anybody seen this? I'm thinking heat stress

Outdoor leaves tacoing downwards instead of upward pics
Outdoor leaves tacoing downwards instead of upward pics 2
M

mj402

I have had this same issue recently and thought I was overwatering them, I had given more then usually due to the extreme temp I let them dry out 5 days watered and look good as new now. Your soil does look dry however so maybe not overwatering but under, they both have similar effects to the plant. Do the leaves feel heavy and full or dry and frail?

bguwop420

bguwop420

I have had this same issue recently and thought I was overwatering them, I had given more then usually due to the extreme temp I let them dry out 5 days watered and look good as new now. Your soil does look dry however so maybe not overwatering but under, they both have similar effects to the plant. Do the leaves feel heavy and full or dry and frail?
They feel pretty dry

M

mj402

They feel pretty dry
I would check the soil moisture if you can. I don't think it would be the heat alone causing this and from what I've read shouldn't be a major problem until getting past 90 degrees.

When underwatering happened to me the leaves seemed to droop alot more and curl up more then the pictures you shared. The pictures you shared look like the time I overwatered mine (the leaves get heavy and slightly droop but the stem is still pretty strong)

If they did get overwatered just let the soil dry out completely and go from there.

I waited five days after my plants got overwatered, and they were looking rough I was worried. Then I gave them water and nutes and the next day they had bounced back beautifully.

Top Bottom