outdoor light dep?

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

ok so everything I read about light dep involves greenhouses but a buddy of mine once told me you could just do it by covering the plant itself. this seems like it would cause problems with mold and inhibit transpiration but we do live in the desert so...idk

thoughts? experiences??

soserthc1

soserthc1

no experience but thought's from reading and listening would be to cover you plant with a tomato cage or wire fence and then cover at desired time of sunlight , then take off at sundown or first thing before sun up ....just my 2 cent

420Gator

420Gator

no experience but thought's from reading and listening would be to cover you plant with a tomato cage or wire fence and then cover at desired time of sunlight , then take off at sundown or first thing before sun up ....just my 2 cent

thats a good idea. I recently found some breathable light dep cloth that looks pretty legit

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Have you tried it yet?? Sounds like a great idea for people like me that don't have a giant greenhouse. If you have any info about how it worked please let me know, thanks.

bonkia

bonkia

You could even pull it in and out of dark garage. As long as it doesn't get light leaks it will bud. Im helping to build my light dep right now :)

ftwendy

ftwendy

Set up a tent in your garage - add a shop light on a timer and a dehumidifier. Set the plant in a wagon. I suggest buying a utility wagon with large balloon tires for easy rolling on uneven terrain.

The shoplight makes this pretty simple b/c it provides all sorts of leeway for when you roll the plant in and out each day. No more slave to the plant... wake up whenever you like, put the plant to bed early if need be, etc... good luck, stay safe

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If you grow in the woods like me, this is impossible because there are no garages. Even if I grew outdoors at my house, I wouldn't want my neighbors watching me pull huge plants in and out of my garage.

Dunge

Dunge

Got this from another thread:

A bag would need to seal well at the bottom, but I bet it would work.

ftwendy

ftwendy

You could also use a temporary garage. Just put one of those in a place where neighbors would not be curious about your 'activities'... should be fine.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yes it is much better to do a light dep without a greenhouse. Greenhouses are a whole separate style of growing, but I think dep without the cover is one of the easiest and best ways to grow......just a little pvc and some black and white.

beckteck

beckteck

I've been tinkering with ALD (Artificial Light Deprivation) for a couple years now as it is mandatory to grow any long flowering sativas where I am. The last 2 years I setup a section of my garden for just such a purpose. I used black plastic from Home Depot and started covering for 12 hour dark cycle in July. If you start to have stretch in your canopy use bamboo sticks topped with tape (to prevent tears) to add height. In order to avoid mildew and mold issues I water before first light on watering days and barely water until I get runoff. This coupled with higher temps should ensure that the surrounding ground is then dry before you put down the plastic. It works GREAT! One hint is to drop the plastic early and pull at first light (I cannot afford automation at this point). SCROG and an A-Frame with roll down plastic can easily be assembled to accomplish this wherever you might be, without moving your babies. Cutting the plastic long gives you enough ground coverage to prevent light in the early morning hours. BEWARE: If you forget (or have someone tend for you while away) having the plastic down during the mid-late morning sun (here in CA at least) you risk burning your buds closest to the plastic.

100 0882
100 0885

Latest posts

Top Bottom