Outdoor organics

• Thread starter 4plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4plant

4plant

I’m into my 2020 outdoor grow and am trying an organic approach this time. I’ve mainly grown hydroponics indoors with synthetic nutes but I wanted to give the organics a go.
- blueberry cbd
- wedding cake
- strawberry banana fast
ill be going from red cups to 1 gallon pots to 30gallon fabric bags using a 50/50 mix of fox farm ocean forest and promix hp. I have a cistern that collects rain water that I’ll be using to water and I’m trying to decide weather to use DNF organic or just make teas when needed?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im thinking they ready for that transplant mate,also if you plan to use containers ,you might plan ahead ,how you deal with hot pots in the sun,big difrence than indoor growing mate.
i also think a ph range of 6.5 would be more ideal both ocean and pro mix do very well at that range.
anyway just a few tips,plants look great mate

4plant

4plant

I agree, I’ve got some 30 g fabric pots to help with the summer heat. I’ll try the 6.5 on the next feed. I’m super happy with the health of these guys in that soil though!

4plant

4plant

Thanks man! I think you might be right. The leaves that are being affected are random and only on one plant. I’ll try treating them when I get some shade.

4plant

4plant

So I gave the lady’s a squirt of insecticidal soap to knock the bugs down and I’m now getting some serious night time wilting. Are you suppose to wash this stuff off? It looks like I’ve under or overwatered the heck out of them but I think I’ve kept them in check. Any thoughts?

D310AF45 C7C9 4E16 9AC9 F773498D78FE
800B196B 1D4E 4484 886D D10E106D502A
87957E4D 410B 4A68 80F3 2DD655970DF2
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

So I gave the lady’s a squirt of insecticidal soap to knock the bugs down and I’m now getting some serious night time wilting. Are you suppose to wash this stuff off? It looks like I’ve under or overwatered the heck out of them but I think I’ve kept them in check. Any thoughts?
Usually the night time humidity will dilute it but night time droop is normal. Mine start about 30 min before lights out (greenhouse w/ LED's).

Spray them down with ph'ed water if need be.

4plant

4plant

The rich green color is fading and leaves are browning on the tips and edges.

4plant

4plant

I’m worried my cisterns water is either bad or the roots are getting down into the cow manure and it’s too much for them? I let them dry out a bit after a heavy watering the other day when I sprayed the soap and there on a steady decline now.

Wakethedreams2reality

Wakethedreams2reality

What did you spray them with? It seems that’s when you started seeing problems.
Did you switch water when you TP’d into the bigger pots? Or have you been using the same water the whole time? Probably wouldn’t hurt to get the water tested just to know.

It looks like there might be some burning going on as well. which could be the manure? If it wasn’t mixed throughly it could be a hot spot in the soil?
I feel your pain though man. I had started to water my plants with my well water before I got my water test back and it severely affected them. I didn’t know that I had 260ppm of sodium and my total dissolved solids were 700 ppm. Had to put an Reverse osmosis setup on and they are doing much better! It really seems like whatever you sprayed might have been too much for them though. 🤷‍♂️

4plant

4plant

I’ve got a combination of issues going on. Their starting to bounce back a bit now but after the insecticidal soap spray it all went bad. The burning must be from the manure I mixed into the bottom layer of the pots.

Top Bottom