Outdoor ph of native soil and amended mix

• Thread starter mountainoutlaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mountainoutlaw

You have your outside hole, and you fill it with your very own perfect made mix. Perfect ph....

Now as time goes on and my plants roots get mega big, and decide to keep growing downward, they eventually will enter the native soil.

Now lets say the native soil is 5...very acidic...

When the plant outgrows the soil mix and enters the native soil will this create any problems? Or since the main root ball is in good soil will it be ok.
Thanks

B

BudgetGrower

I can't grow outside, living in the uk in a built up area, but I use dry plant food with compost including a good amount of peatmoss(low ph) add garden lime and the compost becomes ph neutral, topdress every 2-3 weeks and the plans are happy, adding sand will help with drainage, reducing the chance of the compost becoming water logged.

M

mountainoutlaw

Whebln the roots reach the native soil. Will the native soil create probs

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It didn’t when we did a 150 holes 45 years ago on the Humboldt-trinity county line. but you never know till you try.

M

mountainoutlaw

Thays what i was thinking chucky...when i was boy id work on ....farm....and they never even messed with ph...and they were producing.
Sometimes i think this cannabis growing boom has complicated things and I read too much.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on! Would like to know a little more about your endeavor. Like where in the country? Are you running water line? Just letting nature water it? Going to be spending much time tending it? I will shut up. Back then, the government was actively pursuing a seek, and destroy mission against pot farmers. At least times have changed for the better somewhat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom