Outdoor Plants Huge But Now Drooping, Don't Need Water

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah I went through the same shit with my veggies too. I was finding the plants in the dark 5 gallon buckets were stressing out more than the white ones. I started putting 2 and 2 together and figured out I was frying the roots. I like your idea about leaving the air space. That's a good idea.
ya i was thinking ceder fencing,ya know, i think its like 5 inches wide,but stacking to top of totes and giving it a rustic look,i got like 20 of the 33 gal totes and 7 of the 25 gal tree pots,thats just the top garden,i have sweet potatos right now in trash bags and 5 gal bucket,heat is kicking there ass,but as i found out last year,that foilage might be all kinds of brown and burnt looking,if there is any green it making potato,this heat since mid april been kicking some ass this year,so far no hurricanes though,i didnt even try getting a third crop in,all i got going is pumpkins and they love that big yellow thing in the sky hahaha

Rcubed

Rcubed

ya i was thinking ceder fencing,ya know, i think its like 5 inches wide,but stacking to top of totes and giving it a rustic look,i got like 20 of the 33 gal totes and 7 of the 25 gal tree pots,thats just the top garden,i have sweet potatos right now in trash bags and 5 gal bucket,heat is kicking there ass,but as i found out last year,that foilage might be all kinds of brown and burnt looking,if there is any green it making potato,this heat since mid april been kicking some ass this year,so far no hurricanes though,i didnt even try getting a third crop in,all i got going is pumpkins and they love that big yellow thing in the sky hahaha
Yeah they do, I grow butternut squash instead of pumpkin. I got so many last year my wife said give it a break this year but I still put in one plant. I love making different stuff with it. Got 7 different kinds of tomatoes and even a pineapple growing from one of my pineapple plants this year.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah they do, I grow butternut squash instead of pumpkin. I got so many last year my wife said give it a break this year but I still put in one plant. I love making different stuff with it. Got 7 different kinds of tomatoes and even a pineapple growing from one of my pineapple plants this year.
that make some good FPJ,i cant decide what i want as far as fruit goes,mama wants persimmions,i want peach or apple,deer want um all hahah,how long it take to grow the pineapple ,until you can harvest the fruit?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

speeking of your squash,do you ever get the squash vine boer worm on your plants,i got one good crop of squash and them boer worms got the next batch,plants look great as long as sun isnt on them,sun beams down the bitchs look like melted wax,you have to take wire and dig them out

K

Kbye

Bro they look fine. Take a day off and let them do there thing. Seems like alot of cal/mag but you obviously know what your doing. I've seen @123grows garden pics before and always take a minute to read what @oldskol has to say so I'd listen to them. When things seem odd I always rule out mites first and go for a long walk to think. Garden looks real nice.

Rcubed

Rcubed

that make some good FPJ,i cant decide what i want as far as fruit goes,mama wants persimmions,i want peach or apple,deer want um all hahah,how long it take to grow the pineapple ,until you can harvest the fruit?
I don't know. Here's a picture of it I just took. It's still kinda small. I grew three of these by cutting off the top of a pineapple and planting the top.
20180722 154224

Rcubed

Rcubed

speeking of your squash,do you ever get the squash vine boer worm on your plants,i got one good crop of squash and them boer worms got the next batch,plants look great as long as sun isnt on them,sun beams down the bitchs look like melted wax,you have to take wire and dig them out
Never got the worm. Those squash are so thick skinned it'd take a sharp toothed mfer to get through em HA HA

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I don't know. Here's a picture of it I just took. It's still kinda small. I grew three of these by cutting off the top of a pineapple and planting the top.
View attachment 817431
how old is that one,all ive seen were about 5 times as bib around and all trained at about that height,i got a perfect sunny spot for them ,just curiouse how much maint is to them,i already got 3 gardens to feed hahahah

Rcubed

Rcubed

how old is that one,all ive seen were about 5 times as bib around and all trained at about that height,i got a perfect sunny spot for them ,just curiouse how much maint is to them,i already got 3 gardens to feed hahahah
I just throw water at it and a little compost every now and then. I think it took a little over two years from when I planted the top till it had the fruit. I have a couple bigger ones I planted later but they don't have fruit on them yet

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Never got the worm. Those squash are so thick skinned it'd take a sharp toothed mfer to get through em HA HA
a damn wasp comes by and stings them at soil line,as soon as she stings the base the injected parisite starts to feed,you dont even know you have them until to late,when the leaves do that with sun on them ,i have saved plants by digging the worm out,but they didnt produce worth a shit from then on,so i pull um and take and put in the ditch,wasp is about the size of a horse fly,the only reason i got some squash is i planted a month early this year,and them stalks took loopers to cut down hahah

Rcubed

Rcubed

a damn wasp comes by and stings them at soil line,as soon as she stings the base the injected parisite starts to feed,you dont even know you have them until to late,when the leaves do that with sun on them ,i have saved plants by digging the worm out,but they didnt produce worth a shit from then on,so i pull um and take and put in the ditch,wasp is about the size of a horse fly,the only reason i got some squash is i planted a month early this year,and them stalks took loopers to cut down hahah
Whoa! that sound like a nasty SOB. Glad I haven't met up them bastards yet

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

last 4 years they wiped me out,planting early got some great squash,end of april when them bastards come around,i even started my transplant with bottom of solo cup over them,stalks got real big inside them too,when the plants got were they wasnt standing up and start to lay over just break the cup around it,by that time stalk is about as big as a quarter,thing is,the wasp stings at soil line as the plant grows exposes more fresh stalk right were the worm likes it most,if you find like a bunch of caviar looking tanish eggs,that is dung from the worm,if you go right in that hole,with small piece of wire and twist as you go up,when you come out big ass fat worm,even tried straw around base of plant,just molded and killed plant,if even tried training some leaves to stay around base of totes,the wasp still finds a way in but never lands,i havent tried deep summer squash though,the worm turns into the wasp about 6 weeks after injected to plant,maybe the heat would work sure gonna try next year this season is done,got broccile onions colliflower under a canopy waiting for coller weather to get them in the sun and the pumpkins ,rest is turning in new compost check soil texture and ph levels

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

crazy shit is the squash bug reck havic on east coast,same with north but here i have no shortage of the stink bugs what i call them and they dont harm my plants,but them worms do

S

Slothh760

Sounds like your plants root bound keep topping soil otheer then that it looks fine

DGP

DGP

Did a top dressing and good watering with nutes and they all look happy but the weather is going above 90 and even close to 100 for the next 6 days....

Dee

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Good point. I can make something to shield the ones in the front. The 2 in back don't really get direct sun on the grow bags.
I bought some cheapo plastic pots to put my cloth pots into..(Nevada High Sierra Summers are Brutally hot..Sunscreen in place will stop about 20-30% of the rays.)
I left one 5 gallon black fabric pot un-shielded..Really no difference.
I must water 3-4 times per day and like you..my pots are full up with roots..
August will be even hotter and I may get one of those personal mister things to hook up to the hose..

You can see in the background..the grass is already burned out..even with an automatic sprinkler (hard to get water down deep in clay soil:()

I only grew a few outside this yr for shits and giggles..HOWEVER..I see a ton of hash just waiting this fall..LOL

Been using Capt. Jack's Dead Bug Brew every week..so far, so good..many have tried..and many have died trying to chomp my ladies..LMAO
They are so chock full of pre-flowers..the harvest should be amazing..NOTHING LIKE THE SUN FOR FREE LIGHT!!;)
7 19 18

Top Bottom