Outdoor Plants In Pots Drying And Yellowing

• Thread starter Kazo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

I wouldn't chop whole plant. I see some of it dead but anything with leaves still aiming high try to save. Cut the other stuff off n try to clean up the living stuff. I'd chop a lot of the bad leaves. Are the small leaves at the buds bad? You don't need reach just enough to focus on bud growth which is mainly the leaves coming out of the buds. I'm no pro but I def wouldn't throw the towel in I'd be fighting for them. Marine soap? Try safer brand insecticidal soap. Home Depot garden area. Mix that with the neem alone no crazy acidic stuff. And hose it down. All of it before you just trash it I'd definately fight for it. Then if all bugs die just rinse really good clean water. 3 weeks in those colas are real nice

K

Kazo

I wouldn't chop whole plant. I see some of it dead but anything with leaves still aiming high try to save. Cut the other stuff off n try to clean up the living stuff. I'd chop a lot of the bad leaves. Are the small leaves at the buds bad? You don't need reach just enough to focus on bud growth which is mainly the leaves coming out of the buds. I'm no pro but I def wouldn't throw the towel in I'd be fighting for them. Marine soap? Try safer brand insecticidal soap. Home Depot garden area. Mix that with the neem alone no crazy acidic stuff. And hose it down. All of it before you just trash it I'd definately fight for it. Then if all bugs die just rinse really good clean water. 3 weeks in those colas are real nice

Last second i changed my mind and i just crop the bad leaves and buds. Just like you said, some of the buds' strains are dry so i chop them too.
On the goos side, there is really no bugs or larva or eggs. I fu.k them all.

I flushed the plants today, how long should i wait to add big bud as nutrient? Or should i do it?

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Mites won't last, as the nights get cooler they'll die off or get chewed up by predators. Funny thing about it is mites are more common in indoor grows than outdoor. I've had them on outdoor plants and I just blasted the leaves with straight water for a few days and they moved on. It does appear you have a pretty serious case so I would definitely get the hose out!

K

Kazo

A little update, i had to chop down one of my amnesia haze plant cause it really got fu.ked but the other one survived. Smells like heaven and sticky as a glue!

I think i got 3 weeks left to harvest (outdoor amnesia haze harvest time mentioned as late october) but i already smoke some after i flushed the plant and its spectacular!

I don't know how to thank you guys especially you and "dan789".

Cheers!
Kazim

20171008 155021
20171008 155215
20171008 155222
20171008 155225
Monster762

Monster762

A little update, i had to chop down one of my amnesia haze plant cause it really got fu.ked but the other one survived. Smells like heaven and sticky as a glue!

I think i got 3 weeks left to harvest (outdoor amnesia haze harvest time mentioned as late october) but i already smoke some after i flushed the plant and its spectacular!

I don't know how to thank you guys especially you and "dan789".

Cheers!
Kazim
Dry it slow as possible without mold. I tried to dry slow and still think I dried too fast.

K

Kazo

Dry it slow as possible without mold. I tried to dry slow and still think I dried too fast.
How should i avoid mold during drying process? All i know is, i should hang them upside down at room temperature. (The place i m living has quite low humidity level around %20 to %30. I guess i won't deal with setting the right humidity level.

Monster762

Monster762

How should i avoid mold during drying process? All i know is, i should hang them upside down at room temperature. (The place i m living has quite low humidity level around %20 to %30. I guess i won't deal with setting the right humidity level.
That’s kinda low. I would run temperatures low. Like set around 60 degrees and once you add plants to the area humidity should go up a little and temp too. I dried at 75 degrees and 55% humidity. Which worked good but being as I was only drying 1plant that totaled 82 grams dry I think it dried too fast. Works real good but taste isn’t as good as it should be. It went bone dry in 4-5 days. I put in a jar and it was already dry to where there was no moisture to let out of jars. They actually gained moisture during burp times. Humidity low is a good thing. Make sure you have air flowing. Not strong airflow just fresh in room and get the old stale air out. Colder temps will slow the drying and counter humidity. With humidity in the 20-30s you don’t want temps high. You’ll be crispy in 2 days and never get the grassy smell out. I’m new to this so all I can speak on is my experience. But basic rule is the slowest possible you can dry it without it molding the better. With low humidity mold is less likely but still check daily. Use a dark area too to dry.

Monster762

Monster762

Like I said once you add buch of wet weed humidity will go up a little. Then you also bring temps back. Cooler won’t hurt it will just stop the low humidity from sucking the moisture out too fast.

K

Kazo

Safer soap and wipe out are safe(er) to use on plants and for tour health. Avid and forbid f4 are extremely hazardous chemicals. You MUST! Wear protective clothes, hat, goggles, respirator, basically a hasmat suit. But will kill mites for sure.

I'm not sure what's available in your country.
I forget to thank you man! Thanks a lot for your help!

K

Kazo

That’s kinda low. I would run temperatures low. Like set around 60 degrees and once you add plants to the area humidity should go up a little and temp too. I dried at 75 degrees and 55% humidity. Which worked good but being as I was only drying 1plant that totaled 82 grams dry I think it dried too fast. Works real good but taste isn’t as good as it should be. It went bone dry in 4-5 days. I put in a jar and it was already dry to where there was no moisture to let out of jars. They actually gained moisture during burp times. Humidity low is a good thing. Make sure you have air flowing. Not strong airflow just fresh in room and get the old stale air out. Colder temps will slow the drying and counter humidity. With humidity in the 20-30s you don’t want temps high. You’ll be crispy in 2 days and never get the grassy smell out. I’m new to this so all I can speak on is my experience. But basic rule is the slowest possible you can dry it without it molding the better. With low humidity mold is less likely but still check daily. Use a dark area too to dry.

Thanks man!

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks man!
Curing is tricky. I’m now reading that end product after cure should be at 10-15% moisture. Which means sealed in a jar with hygrometer should read 15-20% max. I’m wondering why my taste is still off and I stopped drying at 50% rh in the jar. It went lower and I worried. Idk I’m confused. But moisture still being in it will make it taste like chit. That’s where I’m at now. Now burping further isn’t possible because I’m in a rainforest right now of humidity. Outside 100% and indoors with a/c running still 65. So I open jar to dry more and it actually adds moisture. I’m now reading up on a dry ice inside the jar method. Not sure if I should try it. I don’t want my bud to touch dry ice. But that is the only way I see possible to get it to 20%. This is supposed to slowly be lowered over 4+ weeks during cure. I’m over 2 weeks in jars now and can’t get the moisture out. No molding but just not dry. It’s not burning clean and the moisture destroys the flavor. Im still learning too. But slow as possible without mold is still the drying tech.

K

Kazo

Curing is tricky. I’m now reading that end product after cure should be at 10-15% moisture. Which means sealed in a jar with hygrometer should read 15-20% max. I’m wondering why my taste is still off and I stopped drying at 50% rh in the jar. It went lower and I worried. Idk I’m confused. But moisture still being in it will make it taste like chit. That’s where I’m at now. Now burping further isn’t possible because I’m in a rainforest right now of humidity. Outside 100% and indoors with a/c running still 65. So I open jar to dry more and it actually adds moisture. I’m now reading up on a dry ice inside the jar method. Not sure if I should try it. I don’t want my bud to touch dry ice. But that is the only way I see possible to get it to 20%. This is supposed to slowly be lowered over 4+ weeks during cure. I’m over 2 weeks in jars now and can’t get the moisture out. No molding but just not dry. It’s not burning clean and the moisture destroys the flavor. Im still learning too. But slow as possible without mold is still the drying tech.
This might sound ignorant, but how about using the humidity/sucker things inside vitamins bottles?

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Looks like you got some mites and your plants look a little hungry to me. Don't start spraying your plants bro, let predators do their thing. You start adding sprays and what not, that residue gets right in your buds. Mites will come and go, nights are cooling down and predators, like ladybugs will tare them off and then go hide in your soil till the mites come back, if they even do as nights get colder. If you feel like you must do something just blast the plants with a strong mist of straight water.

Last edited:
K

Kazo

Hey man, just harvested my baby. Sticky as hell and smells like heaven :)) Thank you and everybody who share their opinions.

Cheers!
Kazim

20171022 135125
20171022 135133
20171022 135311
20171022 141404
20171022 141352
Top Bottom