Outdoor prep routine discussion here

• Thread starter cannafarmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
What do you do to prep your outdoor photo/auto for the summer season. How old are they when they go out? Do you train with fans prior? Watering if any, I pre soak myself? Auto vs photo? Weather when it goes out? Where ex in direct sun, on a porch, in a field?

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

What do you do to prep your outdoor photo/auto for the summer season. How old are they when they go out? Do you train with fans prior? Watering if any, I pre soak myself? Auto vs photo? Weather when it goes out? Where ex in direct sun, on a porch, in a field?
I start with the plant being like a foot tall before it gets planted out. I then amend the ground soil with at least 10 or 20 litres of potting soil, which works great. I then cage the plants to help with support from the outdoor elements, and I finally put a layer of copper tape around the plant base to stop slug damage. I then water and feed with bottled nutrients. Here's a picture of some autos I've potted from the little pots right into the ground.
Bd
Bdauto

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I start with the plant being like a foot tall before it gets planted out. I then amend the ground soil with at least 10 or 20 litres of potting soil, which works great. I then cage the plants to help with support from the outdoor elements, and I finally put a layer of copper tape around the plant base to stop slug damage. I then water and feed with bottled nutrients. Here's a picture of some autos I've potted from the little pots right into the ground.View attachment 2009596View attachment 2009597
Those look super happy, you find that the foot tall seems to be where they are strong enough to survive the storms and weather?

Madbud

Madbud

I just plunk 5 gallon fabric bags on a layer of weeds. Kills the weeds and the roots grow thru the bottom anchoring it while feeding off the nitrogen from the decaying weeds.
42D167C2 07F7 44FC BC55 8407C957623E

The only tip is to shade the bags from the heat of direct sunlight. The tomato cages are bent 90° in the bag for support.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Those look super happy, you find that the foot tall seems to be where they are strong enough to survive the storms and weather?
They do that naturally, as my spot has not much sun, so they grow kind of leggy, but it works well for small plants, helps from wind and such, as normal photoperiods are a pain for falling over in the fall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom