Outdoor Questions for my fellow Western WA neighbors..

• Thread starter Onearmedman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Onearmedman

Onearmedman

So I have a outdoor grow, no greenhouse yet... just a fence.

I was thinking of building a pvc pipe greenhouse for it. I know from a neighbors experience that mold will be an issue if they aren't covered by the time they start budding..

This brings me to my dilemma.. Do I get a tarp and force them into bud once my greenhouse/covering is built, or will I be safe letting them do it naturally? I live in the mason county area..

Any thoughts or advice is welcome..

Onearmedman

Onearmedman

Wow.. thanks guys. Nice to see so many helpful words of advice.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never grown a thing in the state of Washington and so really have no business trying to give you advice on how to grow in Washington. I suspect that anyone else whose experience is similar to mine may feel the same way.

I've also never grown out a full crop in a fully enclosed greenhouse, so again... don't want to try to offer advice on something I've never done.

SpiderK

SpiderK

what's your latitude ?

& you will need many fans in that greenhouse if you have high humidity. you can drill holes in a five gallon bucket, fill it with rock salt 1/3 of the way then put it into another bucket. it will pull the water out of the air and seal it in the bucket below.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
what's your latitude ?

& you will need many fans in that greenhouse if you have high humidity. you can drill holes in a five gallon bucket, fill it with rock salt 1/3 of the way then put it into another bucket. it will pull the water out of the air and seal it in the bucket below.
Hey, now that's a pretty nifty trick, never heard of it.

ZONER

ZONER

what's your latitude ?

How high up off the floor would you place them? Or just leave them on the ground.
Like Sea said pretty nifty. "Very Interesting"

SpiderK

SpiderK

i just leave them on the ground.

but if your in a tent or something you will need some fans or something, move the air.

ive seen guys from his state online and humidity & p.m are an issue. we have really high humidity in my area and the buckets work.

Onearmedman

Onearmedman

Well. here's the thing. First, I haven't built a greenhouse yet. Mainly I want to keep them from molding late in the year while budding, so I may build a cover more so than a greenhouse. Either way, haven't decided.
Second, there is no 'floor'.. My plants are buried in my yard, no pots, just a gallon or so of the soil I use for my indoor (for added nutrients) and the dirt of my yard..

They are growing well. They have been outside a mere couple months and went from about 12" high to now over 4'..

As for latitude.. around 47..

DAT

DAT

hi Onearmedman,
I have a couple outdoor super lemon hazes right now on the deck in Snohomish County.
my friend in Oregon is getting a really aweseome greenhouse that im also interested in. Once I get the details I will let you know. Maybe the weather will stay dry into Nov. with the global warming issues around the country and we can have a nice outdoor harvest This is my first outdoor myself. Im watching my plants carefully for different issues. THe only thing I saw so far was a slug and a spider on them. So I put copper tape around the pot to stop slugs and snails from getting to them. How about you? what kind of bugs do you have and do you have any pictures of them? is there something to protect the plants u use?
here is the slug on my male SLH.chomp chomp chomp.lol
Super lemon haze summer 2014 008

ZONER

ZONER

hi Onearmedman,
I have a couple outdoor super lemon hazes right now on the deck in Snohomish County.
my friend in Oregon is getting a really aweseome greenhouse that im also interested in. Once I get the details I will let you know. Maybe the weather will stay dry into Nov. with the global warming issues around the country and we can have a nice outdoor harvest This is my first outdoor myself. Im watching my plants carefully for different issues. THe only thing I saw so far was a slug and a spider on them. So I put copper tape around the pot to stop slugs and snails from getting to them. How about you? what kind of bugs do you have and do you have any pictures of them? is there something to protect the plants u use?
here is the slug on my male SLH.chomp chomp chomp.lolView attachment 435076
For the slugs just put out a shallow bowl(s) of beer, the slugs climb in get drunk then drown.

Onearmedman

Onearmedman

Bug issues haven't been too bad.. Random leaves being eaten, aphids here and there. I sprayed with Avid and Neem Oil.. They are looking good so far.

Onearmedman

Onearmedman

It looks like yours are flowering Dat? (or am I imagining things?) Mine haven't started, and since I haven't built a greenhouse yet I cant really force them into bud yet.

DAT

DAT

your plants look awesome Onearm! that picture I posted of my SLH with slug, was a male and I got rid of it.. but yeah it was flowering nicely. My 2 female SLH I have left are kinda flowering a lil.
my friends portable greenhouse is not that great like I first thought.
SO I was browsing the web and found this one! its a good price and got a couple good review. I think it will fit all of your plants!!
http://www.hayneedle.com/product/growitgreenhouseinaboxeasyflowgreenhousepeakstyle.cfm

Augestwest

Augestwest

When did you start your plants and when did you put them outside?

Onearmedman

Onearmedman

I don't remember when I started em, but they've been outside since early june. BTW, I checked them today and it looks like they are starting to bud. It's good timing.. Almost all of them have the beginnings of little nug's on them, so I am very happy.

Top Bottom