OutDoor Short Stuff#1, and Snowryder breeding project

• Thread starter D9420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

D9420

a buddy just hooked me up with a couple auto strains. i got 3 seeds of each strain. so im crossing my fingers for 100% germ rate since i only have a few of each. im hopping for atleast 1 fem from each strain that will be totaly pollinated. if i get 2 fems and 1 male from one strain i will use that for
a SS x SR cross. there strictly for seed making all females will get totaly pollinated. these will be grown outside i just put the seeds in paper towels this morning. i have no experience or knowledge of Auto's and im not sure how well the Auto Trait will be in the second generation seeds. but i guess i will find out. here is the genetic background on the strains. :smiley_joint:

Short Stuff-Auto flowering Williams Wonder/Northern Lights#2/Mexican Ruderalis
10-15 in. tall
8-9 weeks from seed
14-36 Grams per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
very hard hitting high a 7/10 for potency

Snowryder- Hybrid of Lowryder and Snow White
10-15 in. tall
8-10 weeks from seed
18-34 Grams per plant
Indoor/Outdoor
Heavy Indica high 8/10 for potency

D

D9420

has anyone grown Auto strains from second generation seeds im curious how well the Auto Trait will be passed on.
also does anyone no how they introduce new genetics into the Autos. i would like to hit my Dabney with some Auto pollen. just wondering how to do that and make it into 100% Auto strain. would i have to inbreed the plants that show the Auto trait. any info on making new Auto strains would be great.
seems like within a year we went from LR #1,2 to a bunch of Auto's crosses with Diesel, AK-47, White Russian ect.

D

D9420

here they are potted up and off to the races.
all 6 seeds popped but 2 died off so i got 3 Snowryders and 1 Short Stuff. i also have a buddy who is gonna send me some pollen from his Auto Blue Himalaya its a sweet looking male. it has very good structure its only like 1 to 1-1/2ft. tall close nodes and the male sacks are almost totally purple.

HPIM7819
HPIM7820
HPIM7821
HPIM7822
HPIM7823
F

freemangenetics

all the best

new journeys always full off anticipation ,best off luck:sun2:

I

IAmProton

Slowly on your way with those wee ones. I don't have much growing experience but Auto's are of great interest to me, so I've read a great deal on them. If you cross an auto with an auto I believe it is suppose to pass the trait on 100% seeing as both are autos. Also from what I read peoples F2 seeds grew just fine. Word of advice though, everyone seems to say let the plants run longer so the seeds develop fuller. I was reading and one grower said there was a difference of 20% for germination ratio for the seeds that were left to run a week longer on the plant. As for making new crosses with auto's, that will take sometime. I assume you have done some reading on Auto's and know that it is pretty much impossible to clone because it will just continue to flower when cloned because it is not photoperiod sensitive. With that said you will need to make everything from seed. It will take a few generations to breed an auto with a non-auto to select out the auto trait and stablize it. Your best bet I believe is to do the cross then grow out all the seeds and select the two that show the auto trait most dominant and cross them together. Then grow these seeds out and do the same thing, grow em out and cross em. Then choose the best one and cross it back to the established parent, so for you it would be the ss or sr. Of course your going to have to get more of those seeds to do this, but once done i believe the auto trait will be more stable. I'm no expert on breeding, and I am quite the novice but that has what I have gathered from me researching. Anyone who cares to correct me feel free to do so because I'd love to hear exactly what needs to be done because I hope to do the same and breed auto's. Hope this helped a little bit

Also anyone know if shortstuff is lowryder because that genetic background sounds identical to the original lowryder. here's the lowryder genetics Genetics : William’s Wonder / Northern Lights No. 2 / Mexican Ruderalis

D

D9420

Slowly on your way with those wee ones. I don't have much growing experience but Auto's are of great interest to me, so I've read a great deal on them. If you cross an auto with an auto I believe it is suppose to pass the trait on 100% seeing as both are autos. Also from what I read peoples F2 seeds grew just fine. Word of advice though, everyone seems to say let the plants run longer so the seeds develop fuller. I was reading and one grower said there was a difference of 20% for germination ratio for the seeds that were left to run a week longer on the plant. As for making new crosses with auto's, that will take sometime. I assume you have done some reading on Auto's and know that it is pretty much impossible to clone because it will just continue to flower when cloned because it is not photoperiod sensitive. With that said you will need to make everything from seed. It will take a few generations to breed an auto with a non-auto to select out the auto trait and stablize it. Your best bet I believe is to do the cross then grow out all the seeds and select the two that show the auto trait most dominant and cross them together. Then grow these seeds out and do the same thing, grow em out and cross em. Then choose the best one and cross it back to the established parent, so for you it would be the ss or sr. Of course your going to have to get more of those seeds to do this, but once done i believe the auto trait will be more stable. I'm no expert on breeding, and I am quite the novice but that has what I have gathered from me researching. Anyone who cares to correct me feel free to do so because I'd love to hear exactly what needs to be done because I hope to do the same and breed auto's. Hope this helped a little bit

Also anyone know if shortstuff is lowryder because that genetic background sounds identical to the original lowryder. here's the lowryder genetics Genetics : William’s Wonder / Northern Lights No. 2 / Mexican Ruderalis

ya thats what i figured about breeding them thanks for the info though :smiley_joint:
as for the genetics they were gifted but i thought the same thing as you that its the same as Low Ryder
there from dope seeds they probably made f2s of the LR and called it short stuff you know how some of these breeders can be LOL thats why i want to become a breeder because there are so many out there that dont even have a clue what there doing other than throwing pollen on a fem :no

D

D9420

seems like a fun outdoor project.

thanks Chemotype it should be fun!! but we have been having the worst summer in years just keeps raining and its not warming up.
all my Autos and my regular outdoor plants have been the same size for over a month now they do not seem to want to grow. i think its all the rain the soil has no chance to dry out. hopefully it clears out and the nice weather finally gets here. but i always have my indoor crop to fall back on:joint:

D

D9420

OK so 1 out of the 3 Short stuff is male! its amazing how small it is showing sex. so i got 2 SS left and 1 Snowryder there not showing yet so im hopping there fem. i also have some other Autos coming with a bit of Auto Blue Himalaya pollen since these are all for seeds. but there so small i do not think its worth it. another buddy has the same strains and they topped out around a foot. the SS has the same genetics as the LR#1 i think there F2 hacks of it. so im not sure if i should polly or not. i will have much better strains to cross the next run Auto AK47 and Auto Russians. so i might just bud these out and see how they do.

HPIM8293
HPIM8291
HPIM8287
HPIM8292
Top Bottom