Outdoor Socal Grow Bug Help?

• Thread starter Maaaaurice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maaaaurice

Maaaaurice

I have these wired yellow brown Beatle looking bugs in my soil and around my grow do any of you know what they are and how to get rid of them best solution? I also included a update of my grow check out some other pictures in my profile to see what I've done so far thankyou guys in advance for the help!

Outdoor socal grow bug help
Outdoor socal grow bug help 2
Outdoor socal grow bug help 3
Outdoor socal grow bug help 4
Outdoor socal grow bug help 5
Outdoor socal grow bug help 6
Underthesun

Underthesun

That looks like a june bug. I'm not sure what to do about them or how big of a deal they are. Could be grubs in your soil. But I'm pretty sure they are june bugs, so you could look up some info on how to get rid of them. Hope this helps, plants look good, man.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
That is a may beetle, better know as a candle light bug. I am pretty sure they won't harm the plants, benes won't hurt though.

Maaaaurice

Maaaaurice

Thanks bro yup there June bugs about to research on what to do to them if anybody knows let me know

Underthesun

Underthesun

It appears May Beetles and June Bugs are the same, you learns something new everyday.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
June bugs are shiny metalic green on their back. May beetles are brown. Roses are red, violets are blue...
May beetle
JuneBeetle

June bug
Juneb t658

Japanese beetle
200de812f16c24dbb68841d7b2ccf1fe

As far as I know only the japanese beetle and junebug will eat your plants

Underthesun

Underthesun

June bugs are shiny metalic green on their back. May beetles are brown. Roses are red, violets are blue...
May beetle
View attachment 607020
June bug
View attachment 607021
Japanese beetle
View attachment 607022
As far as I know only the japanese beetle and junebug will eat your plants

I want to get my facts straight, just curious as all. Where are you getting your bug info? According to this site and a few others I've found they appear to be the same. See "also called". http://bugguide.net/node/view/3477

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I am old, have retained alot of info throughout the years. June bugs are different bugs across different regions of the US, in the east only the green metallic ones are called junebugs, seems the further you go west the more bugs are called junebugs. I used to have some books on insect identification, I have also dabbled in amature micology but mushroom identification is much more critical.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The bugs on garden and pest sites all have june bugs as these green beetles, this is what my grandmother told me june bugs were.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
May beetles/chafer bugs are like jurassic fungus gnats, they lay their eggs and a grub worm grows and munches your roots and soil.
Imagine pulling one of these out of your potted plant...
9a18e9c986a09cc03addfdd8213ae96b

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Kingdom Animalia (Animals)
Phylum Arthropoda (Arthropods)
Subphylum Hexapoda (Hexapods)
Class Insecta (Insects)
Order Coleoptera (Beetles)
Suborder Polyphaga (Water, Rove, Scarab, Long-horned, Leaf and Snout Beetles)
Superfamily Scarabaeoidea (Scarab, Stag and Bess Beetles)
Family Scarabaeidae (Scarab Beetles)
Subfamily Melolonthinae (May Beetles and Junebugs)
Tribe Melolonthini
Genus Phyllophaga (May Beetles)...

Top Bottom