Outdoor Sour D

• Thread starter Colin21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Colin21

Colin21

1. Prep for August:
    Flowering.. Im beyond excited to reach this point. In preparation I purchasedsome bone meal(5-13-0) and StoningtonPlant mixture (5-2-4) of kelp, worm composting, crab/lobster meals and other supporting nutirents. I got this from a Company in Maine called Coast of Main Organics. They use produt straight from the waters that surrond them so I was all in. I have alot of questions for this though... In this application my thought was that I would do a light work of the soil and then add the mixture together as a top layer, I would then finish with a light water and remulch it to keep the moisture in. Does this seem right? I want everything to be absored correctly and for the process to break down correctly as well. I know steamed bone meal goes down faster but I went with the regular instead I definitely need some advise in this portion!? Its July 15th currently and I should have the bone/helper by the 19th, next couple flower days Im looking at are the 22nd, 30th-1st. Is the 22nd to early? I didnt know if the process would start breaking down to soon or not soon enough if I did it at the end of the month. Will I need to add more bone meal throughout the flowering process? I believe the flowering period should start around the second week of August. Thanks for the help

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

are you using Microbes and/or enzymes? If used right they can cut down your workload quite a bit.

themagicwthn

themagicwthn

Nice I got my sour D OG. Headband in the ground . They love the natural soil.

20170717 124713 1
20170709 144304
themagicwthn

themagicwthn

All natural mountain side dirt . Dig a fat whole take the Boulder's out. It's got some mineral clay in the ground to. I planted this seed in 1 gal of Happy Frog and transplanted it straight in the ground. No additives No Bottle nutrients. Just adding water.
Everything they need is already in the ground.

20170718 114245 1
themagicwthn

themagicwthn

You can get a bottle of Earth juice pH Down for like 12 bucks. I has pH crystals not liquid . Just test out how much need to add per gallon to get 6.5 pH. Then you know how much to scoop in each time without having to measure and test. If you're going to add anything you're going to need to lower the ph first. I used the Roots organic big Buddha bloom. I add that to the water and then lower the ph if I'm going to use anything. Floralicious plus is loaded with kelp for the flavor. One two three drops of floralicious per gal.

Colin21

Colin21

Is this all organic?? I would imagine the only way to take the ph down is with the synthetic stuff. I have a 7.1 rn which i though was pretty good. The soil is organic and ive been doing biodynamic preps to the soil on the flower days.

themagicwthn

themagicwthn

I don't use bottle nutes . Just adding water. Depending on where you live and what kind of soil you have is everything. If you got some natural mountain dirt in your location that would be ideal for organic. I was just talking about the roots Organics line as an example if that's what you want to use. And yes Roots Organics is pretty much organic. Close to it at least.

themagicwthn

themagicwthn

Is this all organic?? I would imagine the only way to take the ph down is with the synthetic stuff. I have a 7.1 rn which i though was pretty good. The soil is organic and ive been doing biodynamic preps to the soil on the flower days.
Earth juice think it's all natural.

20170722 102541
Colin21

Colin21

So Ive decided to go with Seabird Guano as a liquid application for the flower transition. I just dont this the bone meal is gonna have time to do its job. I did a dose of some vital fish poweder 11-0-0 for some good nitrogen. Also will be applying some plant food 5-2-4 for some good break down time. Ill be applying a Chamomile tea/stinging nettle tea on the 30th and 31st. Im going with vital organics liquid seabird guano. I believe its 0-11-0. Lemme know what yall think and some advice! Thanks

20170719 182857
20170718 084812
20170719 182922
20170719 182903
Colin21

Colin21

So Ive decided to go with Seabird Guano as a liquid application for the flower transition. I just dont this the bone meal is gonna have time to do its job. I did a dose of some vital fish poweder 11-0-0 for some good nitrogen. Also will be applying some plant food 5-2-4 for some good break down time. Ill be applying a Chamomile tea/stinging nettle tea on the 30th and 31st. Im going with vital organics liquid seabird guano. I believe its 0-11-0. Lemme know what yall think and some advice.
Thanks!

20170719 182852
20170719 182942
20170719 182903
20170719 182922
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Im curious what (if any) the benefits would be when using a powdered seabird guano over a liquid. ...Or Bat Guano for that matter, It just seems like there would have to be more done to keep it "kosher" (not literally kosher lol) when storing it in liquid form in a sealed container. I know Guano isn't coming out of birds and bats in pelletized or powdered form, but it seems like it would take less steps 'from butt to bag,' so to speak

Colin21

Colin21

Im curious what (if any) the benefits would be when using a powdered seabird guano over a liquid. ...Or Bat Guano for that matter, It just seems like there would have to be more done to keep it "kosher" (not literally kosher lol) when storing it in liquid form in a sealed container. I know Guano isn't coming out of birds and bats in pelletized or powdered form, but it seems like it would take less steps 'from butt to bag,' so to speak

My main thoughts were what I could make available for the plant as soon as possible. I figured the liquid form was the best way to make it able to be processed faster or just be available sooner. For storage, I'll probably only do a 1 gal bottle since its only 1-2 tbps per 1 gal of water I think I should be good with lile a 3 week period between feeding of the guano.

Top Bottom