Outdoor Started Inside???

• Thread starter OutdoorOH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrRojos

MrRojos

I don't agree with that article on many fronts. All depends on where you are growing. That may apply in a place like Colorado, with late frost dates. However, not where I grow.
Weed
this is markscastle tree.I'll be posting ones like this in my thread this year.
Ask mark what he thinks about if Prevegging affects yield lol.nothing wrong at all with a 5lb bush!! But 10+ is a whole lot sweeter:)

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

[QUOTE="MrRojos,.nothing wrong at all with a 5lb bush!! But 10+ is a whole lot sweeter:)[/QUOTE]
Lol yea buddy

MrRojos

MrRojos

Nice huh lol. Make no mistake though can grow big ass plants other ways to but true monsters start waaaay b4 spring:)

Blaze

Blaze

Ugh, that High Times article has so much bad information in it, I don't even know where to start...

One thing to clear up: it does depend on what you mean by "pre-vegging." If you try to plant a freshly rooted cut that's only a few inches tall on June 1, then yeah, that will hurt your yield. However, so long as your starts are of moderate size, around 2-3', you will not see any increase in yield over starting with bigger plants, provided there are no issues that stunt your growth or cause stress. Starting too early is a very common mistake and wastes a lot of time and a lot of resources, and is in no way required to get large plants.

This is based on many, many years of looking at height and yield records at several gardens in several locations and playing with different starting dates and sizes. So unfortunately no, I don't have a 'scholarly' article to provide a link to, and I sincerely doubt such an article or study even exists considering the legal status of cannabis.

I do however, have photos:

More garden 007

Heart Attack Kush seedling, started April 1st, planted last week of May. Over 16' wide, 14' tall.

Gardne pics 062

Mendo Pineapple Clone, 15' tall, 14' wide, cuts were taken on Mar 15, planted in first week of June.

Gardne pics 070

Shot of some of my 6x6 raised beds from two years ago while standing at the very top of a 12' orchard ladder. Everything in this picture yielded in the double digits and was started and planted in the time frame I laid out previously.

If you have to start in December to get big plants you need to re-evaluate your grow. I don't mean that as an insult either - seriously, sit down and look over the others aspects of your garden plan, because something is holding your plants back. No point in creating extra work and hassle if you don't need to, right?

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

@B totally get what your saying . I guess I should of explained further. I'm only wanting to start them inside maybe a month before I plan on putting them out. Just that last month where the weather is questionable. I just wanna get a few going a little early so that when the time comes to go outside they'll be up and topped a couple times I'm hoping anyways. Im just a rookie and have only been growing bagseed the past few years outdoor and gonna get some good genetics to try this season and don't wanna screw em up before I get started

MrRojos

MrRojos

Beautiful plants! Would be proud to have them in my garden for sure:)
Im old school and have no pics because never bothered to take any but this year I will.Never measured my plants as precisely as you did which is cool.
When they get as big as that then bigger doesn't matter really because damn you killed it with those.But unfortunately you are still wrong.You are standing firm behind something you have not tried.I've seen/had plants that dwarf those in your pics.
Not sure why you'd think scholarly theories, essays,research on cannabis don't exist,that's kind of a wierd statement.Again bravo because your plants are very beautiful but definitely not as big as it gets when talking giants.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Ok, I think we are talking about different things, kind of.

If you want to grow the worlds largest plant, that would get sent into the Guinness book, then yes, you must veg indoors for a long time.

However, what I am saying is, you will get very large plants, 10+lbs, when growing from seeds put pretty much strait outdoors. When doing this, you will eliminate lots of issues, including months of wasted electrical and indoor space.

If you plan is to grow 6 plants, and want them huge, then go ahead and veg them in the winter. You will now need supplemental lighting in your outdoor spot as well, once they go out. They will have a much higher tendency to flower early. Also, your vigor will be low if your indoor set up isn't on point.

Now if your growing lets say 100 plants this year.....Well, vegging them indoors for 4 months would be a huge waste of time, space, and money. Could you imagine what size room it would take to house 100 plants that have vegged for 4 months? How much light that would require to keep those ladies in full vigor? Extremely hard to do.

Now if you start loosing vigor, it's over. The seed start wins ever time. So. in theory, yes, vegging indoors would create the largest plant possible. However, on a larger garden, this becomes not only impractical, but increasingly difficult.

To add, I would wager a bet. If somebody wanted to grow lets say 25 plants. I would be willing to bet the average yield, and quality of product would be higher with a garden grown from seed in March, as oppose to somebody vegging those same 25 plants indoors since Dec.

As for what your doing @MrRojos, you are doing several things that don't add up to me. Why do you keep your supplemental lights on til late August? Here in norcal, flip occurs around August 1st. Maybe because you are still trying to keep those early starts from flowering? But why all the way into late August?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

BTW - not knocking anybody......But does that picture seem fake? A plant that big before flower has even begun? Wonder why no pics of that plant with nugs on it?

MrRojos

MrRojos

"So in theory yes,vegging indoors would create the largest plant possible".
Thanks and have a great summer

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Bummer that is all you got out of that.....

So, why do you leave your supplemental lights on through August?

SpiderK

SpiderK

Once again lots of " talk " without pictures ...... In the end we will see sub-par outdoor, ton's of leaf up and down cola because of stress and more B / B + product.

Are you growing for elite product or just dumping product onto market that should be used for oil ....

Picture 77
G13 m
G13 g

Last edited:
MrRojos

MrRojos

We both know that all intellictual exchanges are non existing at this point.Turned into a pissing contest.
What I do is what I do.In one sentence you totally agree with me.The next you contradict yourself.
The next your worried about electric bills.
It's becoming more incoherent by the second.The posters question was answered.The question of who does what or why or how is moot.
When mine are ready I will post pics.Who,what,when,why,where at this point sound like a inferiority complexed person who is desperately trying to prove to them selfs something.
Thanks for the electric bill concerns tho that's really sweet of you brother

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Not incoherent at all. Just lack of reading comprehension IMO.

I will simplify. If you do everything perfect, then a cut started indoors in January will out yield a plant started in March. However to grow that plant perfect is near impossible, and one slow down and the seed start wins every time.

If you have a tiny garden, go ahead and try to veg ahead of time. If you have a large garden, you will never be able to veg that many plants keeping them in full vigor.

That is my piece on the subject. Get it or don't, I don't care.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Once again lots of " talk " without pictures ...... In the end we will see sub-par outdoor, ton's of leaf up and down cola because of stress and more B / B + product.

Are you growing for elite product or just dumping product onto market that should be used for oil ....

View attachment 578283 View attachment 578285

Who are you talking to? Just being negative to be negative I see? Plenty of pictures, just don't like wasting my time on troll comments. Some of us have proven our skills over the last couple decades, some just sit on the internet and call names........Sad really.

Well here, if this gives me more credit..... All tested above 25% THC, except the NL #5 which was 16% sativa.

Farmtek 2

Ancient Og 400 gallon early harvest 2

Milado 3

Ancient OG Lanky 4Favorite

NL 5 Harvest 10 20 14 6

Mic dropped.

f5657ea6e8a5225a9c0c692817d5bf5c-micdrop07.gif

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I also don't agree with that article. Starting to early can increase the chances of plant failures because of frost . Starting out with to large of plants also does little for end yield. Plants will only grow to optimal size depending on there genetics and then parts of the plant will die off as other parts grow . They will still only grow to there full size determined by dna. What is more important is what you can control placement in sun water amounts and soil size and content. Start for healthy strong roots is much more important than the starting size of foliage. Root space water/air and nutrition needs to be balanced for vigorous growth. There is ample time for plants grown outside to reach full size from seed if seedlings are planted around the first of June. The plant in my picture on tree pictures was from seed. It yielded about 12 lbs.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Textbook inferiority complex sufferer's statement.
Assumptions are for assumers and both of those words start with ass,which is exactly what you are for talking out of yours.
It's clear your in love with b.d an oblaze and that's cool.
"In theory biggest plants are vegged indoors" That quote was made by your hero, it also proves me right an yet u out of your blind love for some dude still feel the need to talk smack?
Im running mostly bodhi gear this year and have the time,space,money,means,land,greenhouses etc etc to do what I do.
As far as am I growing shit weed to flood the market? If turns out that way bodhi,bog,loompa,and ggg will all be getting a letter from me.lol
@Bulldog11 assumptions are bad medicine brother. I have more than enough space,lights,greenhouse room and experience. What you just put is right if talking to someone without the means.
Why I veg until late August should be a no brainer for your caliber if grower man I'm really disappointed in you bro. I'll make it simple.The longer a plant veggs what happens class?
They get bigger!!! What the F have I been talking about this whole time class?
Bigger plants!!
Great job guys 15 minutes extra recess and a gold star.wooo!!!
I'm really shocked with how a no brainer question perplexed u guys.
Yes you guys grow great plants.
No you don't have to prevegg to grow big plants.
If someone has the means--"Do prevegged plants yield more/grow bigger"?
Duuuuuhhhhh yes they do come on dudes wtf??
But you can grow big plants without prevegging!! Yes Johnny I know.But simple mathematics dictates more+more=more sooooooo if someone veggs longer,has more bud sites,and is growing grade a pot he will have more grade a pot than someone with less bud sites etc etc
Light bills,garden sizes,time frames,shoe sizes wtf?
More+more =more
So wierd to have to keep repeating it.
@Blaze if I were to veg in my warehouse a plant as big as yours pictured then place outdoors,who's would yield more??
Great job blaze.nice bulldog.
You dudes are a trip.the questionwas originally basically does more+more=more and u turned it to napoleon slashing throats because he just knew people were laughing at his puny pecker. Nice.
Great plants bulldog.nice buds!(although off topic)
Now if you had more of those, would you have more of those?
That's the original question of this thread!!!!!.not heeeeeey bulldog let's see d#%k pics lol
I'm done

SpiderK

SpiderK

...... & growing in a greenhouse out west in a legal state helps regarding bugs, winds, rains, hail, sleet, snow frost damage !!!

Still looking for some swollen, milky white trichome / lime green gunky funky A+ " finished " buds up and down the plants ..... Pin drop -

Picture 37

Picture 38

Picture 39
Picture 44
Last edited:
MrRojos

MrRojos

Can you grow big plants from seed at the normal time? Hell yeah
Will a plant that is bigger than another plant yield more? No?
Oh ok guys thanks.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
If you start seed and want to pick females you do need time to sex them. If you desire to clone off the best female from seed you need a little earlier start , bit generally a 2-3 inch start put to ground by June 1rst has all the time it needs to grow to it's optimal size through the season if given all the love it needs.

MrRojos

MrRojos

What's "full size"? Who determines "full size" dudes are lost man.
The question ain't how do you guys grow pot. How aren't you comprehending that??
Does more+more =more.
If someone wanted to veg a plant until it would yield 20 lbs indoors.. then put it outside and it grew nicely bla bla bla would it yield more than
@Blaze @Bulldog11 and whoever else's plants that never did yield 20 lbs??
Practical?no.worth it?no
Doable?yes ...so if that was the question should intelligent people have said the right answer the? Yup.
Unfollowing for sure.. great growers you dudes are but definitely suffering from napoleon complexes.
Simple mathematics question (not a how to grow outdoor) turned into grown men scrambling to find theyre"biggest" pictures to say look mine ARE big lol
Great pics guys! Great plants guys!
Noooow back on topic...does a bigger plant yield more than a smaller plant?????

Top Bottom